Imperial Dignitaries

--The gArmed General--
58 Boba Fett, Mercenary
45 Garm Bel Iblis
31 Chewbacca with C-3PO
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(149pts. 6+ activations)

I haven't played this yet, but I think it will have some awesome potential. Use Boba's intuition and Garm's CE for either a late round strike (via Dodonna) by move 3, double attack, intuition next round or as a first round strike (with a won initiative) to intuition, double attack, move 3. Boba does this strategy as your opponent advances and when they close in you have Chewie running 6 for a momentum hit. With his high HP he will take AoO's after base to move, momentum, double for a total of 60 damage.

This squad isn't a powerhouse in early rounds and requires careful positioning so you can force your opponent to you. Boba has a 9 square mobile and that makes shots into gambit a little easier.

Reinforcements vary, but these are the 4 I'd most likely use:
Golan/Mon Cal
CorSec Officer/Mon Cal x2
Rauntaun/ERC
Activation fodder (Possible 7 more activations)

Whadd'ya think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: The gArmed General
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I've been fiddling with this concept for a long time, I was looking for a better support piece than Chewbacca, I just dont think there is much in the way of options right now. I thought about Han of Hoth, and Luke Skywalker HoY, and in fact I do not think that there is a good enough double attack ranged piece in the game right now to make this viable. Boba Fett is great, but there are no good support shooters that really pull this one together, yet.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I've been fiddling with this concept for a long time, I was looking for a better support piece than Chewbacca, I just dont think there is much in the way of options right now. I thought about Han of Hoth, and Luke Skywalker HoY, and in fact I do not think that there is a good enough double attack ranged piece in the game right now to make this viable. Boba Fett is great, but there are no good support shooters that really pull this one together, yet.

The key with Chewie is to play him more like a melee piece. Don't move him out for shots unless you know he'll be safe. Boba handles the long range sniping while Chewie gives him the extra punch and extra survivability once the enemy advances. (Double Momentum and Draw Fire)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:03 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I dont know. I dont think the dmg output is high enough for this to be terribly competitive.

It seems like there is alot of room for making an error, mostly in placement, that will cost you later in the game, with dmg output that isnt going to do enough while your opponent is on their way to you, if they even come to you instead of making you come to them(ie, superstealth).

Is the general plan to hold Chewie back to fire long range until the opponent gets near, or move him up to help reinforce the Golan, if thats the reinforcement you choose?

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten