logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Aurra Cannon
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:51 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Here is an idea i thought up last night. It has some decent punch, but is more reliant on a power defense:

Master Kota
Aurra Sing
Bothan noble
R2PO
Dodonna
Obi FS
x2 ugs
8 activations, 150 points

I was debating the extra FPs for Aurra, but i figured why not. It will help with bad attack rolls and some extra sweep possibilities. He can be dropped for two more activations if needed. Her 28 DEF in cover will be hard to hit by about anyone, and she has double attack with a bit of healing by the bothan. Of course in the background you have Kota nad his burst if needed.

Thoughts?

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: Aurra Cannon
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:46 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Other than the fact that Aurra has to be left out in LOS most times in order to do any shooting, I do like it. If you can manage to wait until the end of a round to move both her and the Noble, and then move her back out of LOS early in the following round, you should be relatively OK. 28 Defense is good and all, but that's still about a 50% chance for a lot of shots to get through to her from most of your top pieces like Boba BH, Boba Merc, and Leia or Obi FS boosted Han Scoundrel.

Would definitely pack some powerful defensive punch though between Repulse and Sweep. The only thing I might consider would be dropping R2PO for R2 and more activations, but that probably depends on your local situation and how much you face CEs. Of course, for me, I end up forgetting that I even have Disruptive 90% of the time (cost me a GPL game on Vassal Monday night), so that's probably why I tend to not play R2PO either. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:38 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Because of the use of Dodonna, you really need more activations. You want to go last so that you don't get aurra shot back after her shot (as Mandalore pointed out). The idea with Dodonna is to make your opponent completely activate everything before you even think about moving to take a shot.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Because of the use of Dodonna, you really need more activations. You want to go last so that you don't get aurra shot back after her shot (as Mandalore pointed out). The idea with Dodonna is to make your opponent completely activate everything before you even think about moving to take a shot.

I don't know what you're getting all worked up about. Tempo control SUCKS. :P

Seriously though, I don't think there's anything wrong with 8 acts in a 150-point squad like this. The bigger problems I see with it are the fact that it is completely reliant on Kota and Aurra to win the game. Dodonna works best in 150 with a well-rounded base of characters where any one of them can be taken out without impacting the outcome of the game.

Neither Kota nor Aurra have great attack values.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Kota i will agree with. Hopefully he gets his burst or tangles with the mid range characters, but Aurra has a great attack. She is a base +14, a +18 with either JH or Careful shot, and a +22 if she gets both. How is that bad? Unless facing Boba BH or someone with a big attack she will be camping inviting the attacks with her 28 DEF.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Kota i will agree with. Hopefully he gets his burst or tangles with the mid range characters, but Aurra has a great attack. She is a base +14, a +18 with either JH or Careful shot, and a +22 if she gets both. How is that bad? Unless facing Boba BH or someone with a big attack she will be camping inviting the attacks with her 28 DEF.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kota's bonus. :doh:

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg