Post subject: Pawn Shop
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

--Pawn Shop--
52 Felucian Warrior on Rancor
36 Darth Sidious
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
12 Human Scoundrel (Or Duros Scoundrel, haven't decided)
8 Wicket
14 Aqualish Assassin x2
4 Battle Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 10 activations)

Idea here is to use Sidious to pawn the FelCor for a potential 6 attacks at a +15 attack. (if Wicket is near) The thing about this build though is to not solely rely on the FelCor to Pawn. AA's can be pawned and unleash 40 damage, and the Scoundrel can unload a potential 60 damage. Lando gets the FP's to help with Evade.

Whadd'ya think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Pawn Shop
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:29 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Looks interesting. I used a Felcor with Sidious on Friday and it was nasty. I could only Pawn the Felcor though. There were a few times where it would have been nice to have another target for the Pawn.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The only reason I would hesitate to play something like this at 150 is still the issue with Maps. While you won't have AS much trouble now as in the past, it's still not too terribly difficult to screw you up on a map with narrow doors and such. Since you can't squeeze past enemies, it's pretty easy to set up scrubs like Ugnaughts and such in the way where you can't get past them (heck, I even did that to a Luke's Landspeeder last week). Melee Reach 2 will help with that some, but you'd be reliant on your shooters to deal with anything in the way like that.

Wicket will still drop like a rock to an Accurate Shooter like usual, so you'll only be able to depend on him for 1, maybe two rounds depending on how anxious your opponent is in terms of dealing with the Felcor instead. And anything with high-powered ranged attackers will give you grief, since all of the Felcors defensive abilities will be useless (outside of the high Defense). I think Han Cannon and Mara Jedi will be your biggest worries, but it would probably fair well against things like B&B, San squads with Tyranus LOTDS, and possibly Vong JH. The parry will help the most in the later, though the Felcor being a Force user will work against you.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like the concept of using the Felcor for Pawn of the Darkside, and I love to see older pieces played in conjunction with new ones. It gives me hope for the separatists to see Sidious as a piece that is seeing some play. I hope that you do well with this squad, but it will depend on how smart your opponent is and what map you play on. I would not change the build itself.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:26 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Since you can't squeeze past enemies, it's pretty easy to set up scrubs like Ugnaughts and such in the way where you can't get past them (heck, I even did that to a Luke's Landspeeder last week).

How did you do that? It has Flight...

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
Since you can't squeeze past enemies, it's pretty easy to set up scrubs like Ugnaughts and such in the way where you can't get past them (heck, I even did that to a Luke's Landspeeder last week).

How did you do that? It has Flight...

Luke's SNOW seeder has Flight-
Luke's LAND speeder does NOT :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oh I misread that (since the point being made was about huges). :oops:

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Heh, it's cool, I always get the two confused, and actually that's why in this instance I spelled it out completely. Lately, what has really been messing with my brain is when people post 'SS' and sometimes they're meaning Luke's Snowspeeder, but other times they're referring to Super Stealth. ~DSBoom

But yeah, it was fun utilizing the non-squeezing thing. I actually went and double-checked the glossary on that one to make sure I was remembering it correctly.