San Hill 10
Darth Tyranus LotLS 49
Aurra Sing JH 41
Kel Dor BH 13
Lobot 27
Ugo X2 6
BD 4

150pts, 8 activations - MTB build.

So the point is to use San to get set up late. Then kill San with the MTB in the key round to activate two. Then blast away with BB and Lightning. When set up properly, this can be devastating. Keep the MTB near the Kel Dor so you can take him out when needed as well. Best if you can set it off adjacent to an opposing figure or two as well :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: San's Legacy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:44 am 
General
General

This squad looks really good. I've been looking for a way to use the new Tyranus.

How would this perform against NTMTO?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

shinja wrote:
This squad looks really good. I've been looking for a way to use the new Tyranus.

How would this perform against NTMTO?

Funny you should ask. Played my first game with it against Mara, Han GA, Ugo Boss, Lobot (also MTB engine) and obviously neither of us brought the MTB. I brought Wicket and Garindan and he brought Lando DS instead. We played on him map of Deathstar. I won 159-82 I think in about an hour. Basically, Mara can't take down either figure with one assualt without getting really lucky, which means I still get off a lightning or two, and a BB. I used San to set up late for the lightning in the case without the MTB. Then Aurra sat a little ways back to come in with her lightsaber in response to Mara's assault to take out Han. Which meant dead Tyranus (second Assault) and then dead Mara and Han. Full Health Aurra vs. reinforcment Lando.

Oh and I forgot, I used the Kel dor to combine with Garindan on Mara to help finish her after DT went down :) +20 for 40 is great!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very nice Bill. With Tyranus freeing up 13 points from Boba BH, the KDBH is a perfect fit there. Keeps you from having to use a Gonk Droid to off an MTB. Tyranus and Aurra together make for an incredibly nasty counter to JWM squads, and Broken Boba in particular. The only thing you'd have to worry about is the possibility of Disintegration, lol.

I'm definitely interested to try this out against more Shooter heavy squads though. Tyranus and Aurra have good HP/Defense to be able to take a bit of a beating from other shooters, but without any defensive SAs or FPs against Shooters, high enough power ones (like Boba BH) will have a field day with them. Aurra JH and Boba BH could kill Tyranus with 3 total activations without too much trouble I think (though Tyranus' Duelist will give Aurra fits).

I may definitely have to try this out. Using the MTB with San has been something I've wanted to work out, but up until the KDBH, there hasn't been a good way to off the MTB without bringing MTB/Gonk with Lobot, and that just doesn't cut it for the most part. You still have 9 rounds of initiative control (including San and the KDBH) where as my GenCon '07 squad would only get 5 rounds of control, without dropping either Boba BH or Aurra for a lesser powered version first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This is most definitely going to be one of my favorite squads to play, I love San.

Great build, billiv!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Looks great Bill.

My concern is Vong JH's. How do you deal with them when you cannot even kill one with all of your attacks?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I also like this build, although concerns about Vong Jedi hunters are well founded. I don't see this being able to deal with those very well.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm 

thejumpingflea wrote:
Looks great Bill.

My concern is Vong JH's. How do you deal with them when you cannot even kill one with all of your attacks?

How many are you seeing? I have seen none... And seriously, you are sounding like a broken record. Of course I will have trouble with Vong.... Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious.

In case you hadn't caught on, you cannot prepare for and beat everything out there. So you make a good squad that can compete with what you expect to see and go for it. Simple as that.

This goes for your comments on my 200 version as well.

And I can change the reinforcements against Vong. Usually Garindan would come in. Kill the shaper or try to set up some good Blaster Barrages. That's how you will kill them. I can also blow up the Kel Dor for some extra damage on them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:49 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
Looks great Bill.

How many are you seeing? I have seen none... And seriously, you are sounding like a broken record. Of course I will have trouble with Vong.... Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious.

In case you hadn't caught on, you cannot prepare for and beat everything out there. So you make a good squad that can compete with what you expect to see and go for it. Simple as that.

This goes for your comments on my 200 version as well.

And I can change the reinforcements against Vong. Usually Garindan would come in. Kill the shaper or try to set up some good Blaster Barrages. That's how you will kill them. I can also blow up the Kel Dor for some extra damage on them.

This is a Squad Critique forum so I am giving you critique. ;)

Also, what does that tell you about a squad when I can really only think of one thing that will give it trouble? It means it is solid.

Vong JH are a very valid threat and the chances of you running into them (at least on VASSAL) are pretty high. All I was wondering is what would you do in that situation and how would you handle it.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

well I think that Tyranus is weak against Mara, it heavily depends on iniciative, but he cant block or riposte her, besides I dont see a point in playing Mara and Han army without Dodona, since san is the first answer to MTB. And what about human bodyguards? they can change everything either