logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Pawn of the Felcor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:15 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

For my upcoming 150 point squad I wanted to try out my new Felcor so I thought I'd use him with Darth Sidious. I was going to pair it with a force battery so it could reroll Parry saves, but decided I liked being able to use Pawn of the Darkside on the Felcor so it can move up and attack something then use its own activation to triple the same target and Regen its Pawn damage. If there's no accurate shot around I might try to keep Sidious close to the Felcor in case it crits. That's the starting point. Then I have a melee version and a shooting version for the last 62 points. I'm open to advice on which version is better or other ways to use those last 62 points.

Starting point, 62 points left.
Sidious 35
Felcor 52

Melee Version
Darth Tyranys, LotDS 49
Ugnaught x4 12

This is the slower version. With this I'd keep Tyranus back to build up FP. Once the Felcor goes down he'd move up. Depending on what he's facing he has FL4 or enough FP for Block/Riposte combos. He'd have Dark Master from Sidious, but in most cases if the Felcor falls Sidious will probably use his own FP for FL30.

Shooting Version
Jango Fett, Jedi Hunter 56
Ugnaught x2 6

Jango will use the Felcor like a movable Golan he can snipe through. He doesn't get the Garm movement boost, but I'm going to try to use a map where either Jango can hole up behind the Felcor while it holds gambit vs melee squads or the Felcor chases down shooters with its double turns while Jango holds gambit and double snipes at whatever the Felcor is chasing down.

Post subject: Re: Pawn of the Felcor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:40 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like the Jango Version Better, but how about boba bounty hunter instead of Jango and the ugo's I like having the 5% chance to auto win on every shot he takes :twisted: but then I am evil.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:03 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Boba was my first thought when I noticed I had 62 points left. I used him last week in a 100 points with 2 Bothan Nobles and I only managed three D's in 6 games, all of them meaningless. I figured I'd probably get more damage out of Jango as long as I face some force users which is almost a certainty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:04 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah, Boba Fett BH tends to not do as much sheer damage as some other shooters, but his defensive capabilities really are supreme. You are minimizing the usefulness of those abilities with the Felcor, so there really isn't a good reason to not go with a heavier damage shooter. You might even consider Boba Fett Mercenary, as Cunning attack is less situational than Jedi Hunter (IMO) and the Intuition could come in handy late in the game, but Jango has a few more tricks than Boba, in Missiles (and Flamethrower). Really it is a toss-up, but I think that going with ranged damage output is probably the best option in this squad,

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I don't know about Boba Merc. I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of his cunning. I have a pattern of winning most of my iniatives in the early rounds when there's nothing to shoot at then losing them later when they matter. I'm still leaning towards Jango for his versitility, but I'll take a look at the full stats for both of them tomorrow. I still have a while to decide.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:41 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

its really a toss-up. and if you lose initiative with boba Merc then you can shoot (with accurate shot) at something that has not activated.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:29 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

It really is a tough choice between them. They have almost identical base stats. Both have Flight, Double Attack, and BH+4. It comes down to whether I want Missles, Flamethrower, and Jedi Hunter or Intuition and Cunning.

EDIT: Forgot to add Sniper on Jango's side. Since I'm planing to hide behind the Felcor and shoot through it targets not getting cover from the Felcor would be nice. Of course on the other side Boba having Intuition means he can move to try and position himself so he gets to double every turn.