Unnamed Wookiee

--Unstoppable Han--
45 Zam Wesell
40 Prince Xizor
25 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
32 Elite Rebel Commando x2
8 Wicket
(150pts. 6 activations)

Obviously, this squad is a great swarm killer. I would like to throw some damage increases in there, but for the points and the squad build, im not sure what I can do, not to mention I cant seem to find anything under rebel, new republic, or fridge that would effect him here. Any other ideas for this 150 point squad?

Post subject: Re: Unstoppable Han
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:25 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Umm, in my humble opinion Han in STA is used best with melee pieces and Xizor is used best with swarms. The reasons are obvious:

Charging Fire is nice to have on shooters, but it isn't necessary most of the time. Melee pieces can make great use of the 12 square movement they get before attacking.

Xizor himself is so expensive that his CE has to be put to best use possible. Allowing 5 minis to use Accurate and 2 to gain nades 20 isn't really what I call effective. Especially if you take into consideration that the combo with Han is weakend by Han's rather low attack.

My advice: at least get rid of Zam and replace her with something useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I would agree to an extent, but I think that charging fire is also very useful on shooter pieces because of the suprising distances that they can cover before unloading their bullet. I think your set up would work better with Kel-Dor bounty Hunters, they have a wonderful attack, and stealth to boot. In addition they gain the advantage of needing to Blow up. Something like this may be effective:
25 Han in ST Armor
40 Xizor
52 4x Kel-dor BH
27 Lobot
06 2x Ugnaught Demolitionist

Now you have accurate shooting Kel Dors who by the end of round 2 can probably have put 30-40 damage on a target and one them can be basing for the explosion. (BTW Lobot is for the MTB). You have lots of fodder for the initiative control, and you still have override with Lobot. At any rate I believe that this squad can make good use of both Xizor's and Han's Commander effect.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

A mini I found to be very effective with Xizor is the Abyssin Thug. With Accurate it can target minis in the back to get Cunning Attack. The big problem with the K-bombs is that they are pretty weak except for their high attack and Self Destruct. If you base the enemy model it usually simply disengages and then the Kel'dor is a sitting duck. Without SS they can be pretty tricky to use. Of course, you can blow them up with a MTB, but that tactic also relies on outactivating the opponent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Not necesarily out activating an opponent, but you do need to select an activated target. You could spend the first couple of rounds running around and taking out the opposing scrub activations.

ImageImage