--Shaakingly Fast--
47 Shaak Ti, Jedi Master
45 Garm Bel Iblis
35 Han Solo, Rebel Hero
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 7+ activations)

Well here is another build I am tinkering with. Because of the new change in Garm's CE, Shaak can move 5 squares and double attack for a potential 40 damage a swing in this squad. This is to be played conservatively and meant to control the gambit area forcing your opponent to you. When they get into range they get a Shaaking experience. (Heh, bad pun!)

Reinforcement options include:
Golan + Mon Cal : Against Vong and some other builds
Correlian Officer + 2 Mon Cals : against stealth
Rauntaun + Filler : If needed some initiative control
Activations : To out-activate opponent

Whadd'ya think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Shaakingly Fast
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

From the FAQ:

Garm Bel Iblis

Q: Can a character extend the movement allowed from Garm's commander effect by spending a Force point to move 2 additional squares or using an ability like Master Speed?

A: Yes. Add all applicable bonuses, then halve the total (rounding down if necessary.) So a standard character with 6 speed spending a Force point to move 2 extra would have (6+2)/2=4 squares of movement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:52 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Narcissus wrote:
From the FAQ:

Garm Bel Iblis

Q: Can a character extend the movement allowed from Garm's commander effect by spending a Force point to move 2 additional squares or using an ability like Master Speed?

A: Yes. Add all applicable bonuses, then halve the total (rounding down if necessary.) So a standard character with 6 speed spending a Force point to move 2 extra would have (6+2)/2=4 squares of movement.

Shaak Ti has Master of the Force 2 (6+2+2)/2=5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Woah....very interesting. The free Golan is such a nice benefit, the only thing I'd be worried about would be big shooters, as neither Han or Shaak have much defense against them (Cade, Boba BH, Han Scoundrel, Han GH). Of course, the Golan Turret is a perfect reinforcement against those big shooters, because most of those will still only do 10 damage per shot to it, allowing it to stick around for a while. The things that would kill a Turret the fastest (Jedi) are the pieces that Shaak Ti is best against, and in those cases, the Rauntaun (or GA Scouts) for Spotter are wonderful with Han.

I'll have to give this one a shot. Lack of initiative control outside of reinforcements will hurt it some I think, but it shouldn't be any worse off than San Hill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
Woah....very interesting. The free Golan is such a nice benefit, the only thing I'd be worried about would be big shooters, as neither Han or Shaak have much defense against them (Cade, Boba BH, Han Scoundrel, Han GH). Of course, the Golan Turret is a perfect reinforcement against those big shooters, because most of those will still only do 10 damage per shot to it, allowing it to stick around for a while. The things that would kill a Turret the fastest (Jedi) are the pieces that Shaak Ti is best against, and in those cases, the Rauntaun (or GA Scouts) for Spotter are wonderful with Han.

I'll have to give this one a shot. Lack of initiative control outside of reinforcements will hurt it some I think, but it shouldn't be any worse off than San Hill.

]

I see what you mean on the big shooters, but I am not as worried about that as you might think. Cade cannot shoot Shaak until she is within 6, Boba BH can do a max of 40 damage to her, Han GH needs 10's to hit her. Han Scoundrel could be worry-some, but my priority there would be keeping Shaak out of LOS and controlling the gambit area. I should have plenty of activations that allow me to move my heavy guys last, thus removing the option for attack from my opponent in the early game.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Against a Han Cannon squad the biggest problem I can see is that you're going to lose the Golan Turret probably by Round 2, so only 1 round of Gambit for it. Although, you could just bring different reinforcements in that case. Probably a Rauntaun to help you win the critical initiative. But yeah, against Boba BH, or most other shooters, the Turret should last at least 3 or 4 rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:46 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Azrakel wrote:
Narcissus wrote:
From the FAQ:

Garm Bel Iblis

Shaak Ti has Master of the Force 2 (6+2+2)/2=5

Of course she does! Foo Narc!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:46 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

what would bother me about playing this squad is that you have a lot of damage tied up in the condition that you go first, a condition that you have very little control over in this squad, and in fact dodonna almost makes you want to go last with your pieces.

I can see where the potential is, but against the MTB, you are up a creek. Or against thrawn, you are hurting, while the MTB lost playability in this set (In my opinion) Thrawn gained a new toy in super stealth and I would be very surprised to not see him show up more often than before.

ImageImage