Mara, Jedi 45
Luke, FS 10
Shado Vao 48
BBSV 20
Wicket 8
Dodanna 9
Uggie x3 9
149 points, 9 activations

Playing this at a tourney tonight, just wanted some comments on how to make it better. In the original build, i had Sly instead of wicket and the BBSV (free turn for mara if she fails to save or an enemy beatstick, and even if the save fails, the target cant move that turn :)) Was the Vigo a better use of points than Sly?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject: Re: Mara's Ghost
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:16 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roque Saber wrote:
Mara, Jedi 45
Luke, FS 10
Shado Vao 48
BBSV 20
Wicket 8
Dodanna 9
Uggie x3 9

Playing this at a tourney tonight, just wanted some comments on how to make it better. In the original build, i had Sly instead of wicket and the BBSV (free turn for mara if she fails to save or an enemy beatstick, and even if the save fails, the target cant move that turn :)) Was the Vigo a better use of points than Sly?

What are you going to do if you run into Vong JH's?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:47 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thejumpingflea wrote:
Roque Saber wrote:
Mara, Jedi 45
Luke, FS 10
Shado Vao 48
BBSV 20
Wicket 8
Dodanna 9
Uggie x3 9

Lose. Or come really close.

What would you do if you were playing this squad against Vong JH's?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:08 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Mara Drops 1 VJH per round, unfortunately she is not very tough and does not take much of a beating.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:12 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Vado and Bith can drop 1 and Mara can drop 1 each round.

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:23 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

While I like the Idea of this squad, I think you would be better off without the Bith and Shadow to get Kyle and 4 more uggies. Kyle has a lot of tricks that help in a lot of different situations, and his ability to take a beating would really help take the heat off of mara. In addition he can STAND against most other beatsticks for a while. This really makes him one heck of an option in 150.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

thejumpingflea wrote:

Come on, knock it off. We all get that a swarm of Vong JHs will usually beat a jedi centered squad. Do you think you are helping anyone by posting something we all already know without any advice or suggestions? Come on man, you can do better than that.

With a squad centered around Mara like this, you are essentially upping her cost to 85. That's a rather large investment, especially when 20pts could be better spent otherwise. What I mean is, that the BBSV's CE (still a good figure on his own mind you), is wasted if you face melee squads.

So to solve this problem, drop the BBSV and either Wicket or since you are at 149, two ugos and bring in Lobot. You can then up the activations when you need to (against a San or other tempo control squad for example), get the BBSV when you need evade, or two BGs against a Vong JH squad.

Give Mara and Shado another 30hps each can make a big difference, or 40 if you bring in the human BG (against Vong JHs, the 40hps will take away a full JH, Shaper boosted twin - and it can combine fire with Mara).

That's how you deal with Vong Flea.....

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:

Come on, knock it off. We all get that a swarm of Vong JHs will usually beat a jedi centered squad. Do you think you are helping anyone by posting something we all already know without any advice or suggestions? Come on man, you can do better than that.

With a squad centered around Mara like this, you are essentially upping her cost to 85. That's a rather large investment, especially when 20pts could be better spent otherwise. What I mean is, that the BBSV's CE (still a good figure on his own mind you), is wasted if you face melee squads.

So to solve this problem, drop the BBSV and either Wicket or since you are at 149, two ugos and bring in Lobot. You can then up the activations when you need to (against a San or other tempo control squad for example), get the BBSV when you need evade, or two BGs against a Vong JH squad.

Give Mara and Shado another 30hps each can make a big difference, or 40 if you bring in the human BG (against Vong JHs, the 40hps will take away a full JH, Shaper boosted twin - and it can combine fire with Mara).

That's how you deal with Vong Flea.....

I asked that question because I was wondering how the OP would handle the situation of fighting Vong. He said he was going to a tourney with it and Vong are a true threat at any point level. I wasn't saying that it was an auto loss or anything of that sort, but simply asking how the OP would play this in that situation.

Knowing what the OP would do in this situation would allow me to critique and try to help them get the ideal build and playstyle for all different situations.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

well, this squad got 1st place at the tourney so thats good :D I dont think ive ever seen anyone play Vong at my LGS so im safe (for now)

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roque Saber wrote:
well, this squad got 1st place at the tourney so thats good :D I dont think ive ever seen anyone play Vong at my LGS so im safe (for now)

Congratulations! What type of squads did you end up facing?