PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:47 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Han Solo Galactic Hero
Kyle Katarn Jedi Battle Master
General Dodonna
Lobot
3x Ugnaught

(reinforcements either 5 ugo + Jawa or Lando DS usually)

Premise is simple out activate your opponent and then use Han (Lando if you brought him) to soften up targets on their approach. Kyle is to stall melee beats long enough for Han (and Lando if you brought him) to defeat them with their blasters.

This squad is very much a counter squad, meaning that it counters a lot of strategies works well against

A.) Super Stealth. The commander effects can be disrupted by Kyle allowing for Han to keep his distance and take out targets who would normally be untargetable.

B.) Black and Blue. Initiative is taken away from Thrawn. He can't swap in adjacent to your main pieces, and Kyle Particularly makes an excellent Counter piece to Lord Vader (Vader needs 10's to hit him, so chances are he misses a few times, Kyle can Riposte needing only a 7 to connect.)

What Beats it?

Could have trouble with Force Push based squads. These little buggers tend to push around your disruption pieces allowing their commander effects to work better. Please Analyze this squad for strengths and weaknesses. I am currently trying to refine this squad to tier 1, and I really need to know what changes I need to make. Thank you in advance for any and all help provided.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Disruptors to Full Power
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Han Solo Galactic Hero
Kyle Katarn Jedi Battle Master
General Dodonna
Lobot
3x Ugnaught

(reinforcements either 5 ugo + Jawa or Lando DS usually)

Premise is simple out activate your opponent and then use Han (Lando if you brought him) to soften up targets on their approach. Kyle is to stall melee beats long enough for Han (and Lando if you brought him) to defeat them with their blasters.

This squad is very much a counter squad, meaning that it counters a lot of strategies works well against

A.) Super Stealth. The commander effects can be disrupted by Kyle allowing for Han to keep his distance and take out targets who would normally be untargetable.

B.) Black and Blue. Initiative is taken away from Thrawn. He can't swap in adjacent to your main pieces, and Kyle Particularly makes an excellent Counter piece to Lord Vader (Vader needs 10's to hit him, so chances are he misses a few times, Kyle can Riposte needing only a 7 to connect.)

What Beats it?

Could have trouble with Force Push based squads. These little buggers tend to push around your disruption pieces allowing their commander effects to work better. Please Analyze this squad for strengths and weaknesses. I am currently trying to refine this squad to tier 1, and I really need to know what changes I need to make. Thank you in advance for any and all help provided.

I think the B&B squad you ran at Egyptian Campaign can beat this (your version, not mine), IF you replace 2 Gran with Wicket.

For reference:

Lord Vader
Thrawn
Storm Commando x2
Gran Raider x6
Nyna
Wicket
Mas
200 pts., 13 activations

It'd be a close match-up at the very least.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:45 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I thought about that. But I think that I could pretty easily out activate that, and then run Kyle up to within 6 of a storm commando and have han blast it twice. But Besides that was a 200 point army, and we are in the 150 point forum.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
What Beats it?

YVJH's will probably be this squad's worst matchup, they just have too much health to chew through.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:09 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Original San Hill with the gambit side of their map, and Han Cannon could be annoying, but it is well rounded and should work well. Luke LS could be a fun addition if you could get the points to work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I thought about that. But I think that I could pretty easily out activate that, and then run Kyle up to within 6 of a storm commando and have han blast it twice. But Besides that was a 200 point army, and we are in the 150 point forum.

Ah, so we are lol. My mistake.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Ask 127 wrote:
Original San Hill with the gambit side of their map, and Han Cannon could be annoying, but it is well rounded and should work well. Luke LS could be a fun addition if you could get the points to work.

Point 1: Han Cannon I don't worry about as much, because if my opponent uses the cannon aspect with Leia then he has to leave himself exposed. You kind of want to deny shots and make your opponent come to you in gambit.

Point 2: I wish I had Luke LS for Kyle, but as I run him out into the open frequently Luke would have trouble keeping up I believe.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Ask 127 wrote:

Point 1: Han Cannon I don't worry about as much, because if my opponent uses the cannon aspect with Leia then he has to leave himself exposed. You kind of want to deny shots and make your opponent come to you in gambit.

Point 2: I wish I had Luke LS for Kyle, but as I run him out into the open frequently Luke would have trouble keeping up I believe.

A Han Cannon would worry me if I were you. Most to all in the post-LotF world will have Dodonna. While sure, yours may out-activate it, I highly doubt you can do as much as you'd like to. Leia doesn't have to be exposed for Han to line up a solid LOS. With Evade and Mettle it is very unlikely you will do any damage to him with your own Han. You will have to advance into gambit and as you do Han will toast the things that arrive. If you advance with Kyle then will only speed your doom. Han Cannon can take your Kyle to 10 health with one won initiative.

I do think it is a very cool build that should do very well. I think that when played in the right hands it will be a competitive build. Good job. :D

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This is the exact build I came up with just before the release of Legacy. I think it's the optimal build for what you're trying to do with this squad. Run this like Lobo's gencon San Hill squad and you'll do very well with it. I know I have :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah that was kind of my thought with it was run it like a San Hill Build with Han taking shots early rather than late in the round.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:32 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Yeah that was kind of my thought with it was run it like a San Hill Build with Han taking shots early rather than late in the round.

That's the thing though. You will have to take late round shots and that +10 really hurts him for that. Cunning is VERY important for him.

(EDIT: Just realized that was post number 555 :saber: )

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thejumpingflea wrote:
Luke_Skywalker wrote:

That's the thing though. You will have to take late round shots and that +10 really hurts him for that. Cunning is VERY important for him.

(EDIT: Just realized that was post number 555 :saber: )

I'd take shots with Han early and then move Kyle out late to grenade/attack/grip/lightning in later rounds. if I can get Kyle in close to Han and Leia, Han may not be able to use Leia's CE if they win init if they can't move far enough away. risky, yes, but often a risk or two has to be taken to beat the premier squads out there. San-type builds are not particularly strong against Cannon builds anyway, in my experience. but they are beatable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

That is what I was saying though is that you take the shots with Han early, and then, sure they can move around later in the round, but they still have to fear Kyle, and the early round assault form han in the following round.

ImageImage