logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Snow Day
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:01 pm 
General
General

--Snow Day-- (Title links to squad page on Bloo Milk)
45 Luke's Snowspeeder
30 Han Solo, Rogue
22 Chewbacca of Hoth
20 Princess Leia
18 C-3PO and R2-D2
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 8 activations)

I personally believe that Luke's Snowspeeder is the single best piece in Star Wars Miniatures today. And this is the best Luke's Snowspeeder squad I've been able to make at 150. As a bonus, it includes all 6 of the rebel "heroes" from the original trilogy.

I always pick Rancor Pit for my map, and try to nestle Chewie in close to the central wall (in gambit if I'm on the left). The Snowspeeder can Mobile up over the wall and take shots every round, then mobile back and get repaired by Chewie. Han and Leia might be able to get a few shots off together. Once my opponent comes around the wall, I can start using Leia's CE on the Snowspeeder for big damage (possibly using Gunner +10 from Chewie, if Repair isn't necessary).

Post subject: Re: Snow Day
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you can use Deliah blue instead of Chewie in some way, I would definitely go for that.

Oh, and even with 8 activations, you're going to have a tough time against Lord Vader B&B, as 8 activations just won't be enough even if you do win initiative most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
If you can use Deliah blue instead of Chewie in some way, I would definitely go for that.

Oh, and even with 8 activations, you're going to have a tough time against Lord Vader B&B, as 8 activations just won't be enough even if you do win initiative most of the time.

2 things Lobo:

1) There is something about that Chewie that adds a lot to this build; the sheer amount of HP for point cost. 100 HP is a load to chew through and when he is a healer to the speeder, he has to be a focus of attacks. I agree that Deliah is a great figure with the speeder, but Shinja has shown me the power of Chewie. ;)

2) He has Dodonna. B&B shouldn't be difficult at all as he not only outactivates them, but could pick off stormtroopers quite easily with the speeder.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I just don't think Dodonna will be enough to hold off Lord Vader. Vader will get Dark Armor against anything that his him with this squad, and it won't be too much of a stretch to swap in Vader, let him take one or two hits, and then wipe out a key piece. Even with Dodonna, and activating only one piece at a time, Shinja would still have to activate at least 4 pieces, possibly 5 if he lost init that round and had to go first, before Thrawn would be running up the Stormie and swapping in Lord Vader. and Vader can EASILY kill Han, Leia or Chewie in one Rage/Assault. Could probably even kill the Speeder with a Rage/Assault.

Sure, it won't be easy, and it's going to be a little dependent on dice rolls, but if Lord Vader can take out any one of those key pieces on the first swap, the Rebels will be in trouble.

I do see your point about Chewie though. I forgot that he had so much HP.