Customizer Extrodinaire

Ugnaught Boss
Ugnaught Demolitionist x17
Weeaquay Mercenary
Munn Tactics Broker
Master Kota
Ithorian Commander
Juno Eclipse

I like the premise of this squad. The Ugnaughts are a viable danger if they aren't clustered, so taking one out may be a viable option to prevent it from beating upon you further. The Weequay has always been an underestimated piece in my opinion, since the Mercenary rule provides no restrictions on him since he's melee and double attack (and moving without attacking would just get him killed pointlessly), so he dishes out some pretty heavy damage with Kota and the Ithorian. The Tactics Broker gives me complete init control barring my opponent has San Hill, and I will almost always out-activate him, at least for the beginning of the game. Juno is in there simply because she's a very good piece. Master Kota is impressive by himself, but his CE effects nearly my whole squad and repulsing the Uggies so they hurl towards my opponent will be very fun. Flying bombs. If you've ever played Halo 2 or 3, you'll know what it's like to be standing next to a fusion coil when it explodes - for all intents and purposes, they're walking fusion coils with Kota around. I know it's not the best squad, but I'm not too worried about Disruptive, since anyone that gets their disruption close enough will probably lose it to a swarm of bombs. Thoughts and/or opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:22 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Can you use Repulse, move them the distance, then use Self-Destruct? I'm not 100% sure of the interaction there, but I know the card wording says to deal the damage first, then move the piece. I just don't know if the piece is defeated if it happens at the Damage step, or after the entire effect is over. Interesting. I might recommend putting in Lobot, that way you can choose to not bring the MTB in case you face San Hill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I very much like the premise of the squad, but I don't know if you're using Kota to his maximum potential. His Force Repulse is tough to get off if you're not mobile (Troop Cart/R2, AM), although auto winning init does help there...

Also, it's going to be tough to keep Juno alive without support (body guard).

I would be very tempted to take the premise of the squad and try it with the Republic. This allows Mas Amedda to extend Kota's CE, allows you to bring R2-AM for Kota, and you could spend for Mon Mothma which will still juice your ugs quite a bit.

If you do stick to rebels, would a Han, ST/Ug Boss swarm squad be viable? Just thinking out loud, but that might be nasty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:43 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Just the ugh bosses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I've been looking at playing a similar squad. I might replace Juno with a couple of Ewoks for non-exploding early activations. Not sure if I'd use Kota. Han ST would allow the Uggies to charge & attack and Bossk BH for flame-thrower to ignite the bombs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Didn't consider Bossk...