logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Mavericks back with a facelift!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:39 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Mavericks

Han Scoundrel-46
Luke HPU-28
Leia A&E-20
Obi Sprit-8
R2-3po-18
Lobot-27
Ugnaught-3
=150

After much thinking and getting over the hump of the lack of squad making that has been me. I finally got this. Based off of my original baby, "Mavericks" i needed to make an updated one. Han can be putting out 130 a turn, and i have activation and door control. While lacking init control, my activations can make up for it. Either bringing in either another shooter or more activations, this is a well rounded squad from head to toe.
thoughts?

Last edited by DarkLordVerjal on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mavericks back with a facelift!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:46 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
Mavericks

Han scoundrel-46
Luke HPU-28
Leia A&E-20
Obi sprit-8
R2-3po-18
Lobot-27
Ugnaught-3
=150

after much thinking and getting over the hump of the lack of squad making that has been me. i finally got this. based off of my original baby, "Mavericks" i needed to make a updated one. han can be putting out 130 a turn, i have activation and door control. while lacking init control, my activations can make up for it. either bringing in either another shooter or more activations, this is a well rounded squad from head to toe.
thoughts?

Haha I just made a similar build, (Great minds think alike!) but I like yours a lot. It is a very, very solid squad. Lobot gives a lot to this.

The lack of initiative control worries me, but I think this will still play very well. The one change I'd make is to drop the Uggo and Droids for R2 and a Rauntaun. Spotter and Recon could be awesome in this squad. Great job.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:55 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Hmmm, its got good activations, and you can bring in MTB if needed which helps a lot, has door control and disruptive, looks like a very good squad. Good Work Zack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:36 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

I concur with Flea; I've lost enough to this squad to know the only thing which needed changing was Luke Jedi Knight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Id say this is a very solid Squad, I agree with the Flea I think a Rauntaun would be very useful in this squad but other than that its an outstanding build, nice job man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wow.....NICE! Possible 13 activations. Disruptive helps you against B&B. I do see the problem with the lack of Init control, but I'm not sure if losing Disruptive is the right choice either. You could possible drop Lobot for a Rauntaun and some Ugos. You lose the customization, but you still get 11 activations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:05 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I like it so much, I think I'll steal it! ha ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:32 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yes, outstanding squad! This is a good improvement on the old Mavericks, though in the new era. The only thing I worry about for it is that you'll really be missing Yoda of D's help, vs all those Unleashed force users. I really can't see how you'd fit him back in at 150, though, without drastically changing your squad.

One suggested change might be dropping R2P0 and taking R2 and Juno. You lose Draw Fire and Regeneration10, but you gain another activation and an accurate shooter, as well as saving 2 points on the overall squad total. It would be weaker vs the Vong (R2P0 is so annoying to them because of his immunity to...just about everything that they throw at him), though it would be very helpful in other matchups.

Personally, I really like R2P0 as you have it, since it seems to be more flexible and durable. My suggestion is just another viable option that many people consider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:28 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Yea, i like r2po alot better. Since GVL has R2po banned i may use Juno and R2. Also this is exactly 150, so 2 pts less means nothing, :). Thanks for all the possitive feedback guys. I look forward to playing it alot, and if need be make a 200pt version for my local tourney(they usually play 200).