logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

adder: It very depends on map, if it is shooty, np, but with various cover it might be hard, especially if he ogliths one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:46 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I'm sticking with Nom Bombs are fun, but not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:09 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LukeCZ wrote:
adder: It very depends on map, if it is shooty, np, but with various cover it might be hard, especially if he ogliths one of them.

You could use the Starship Hardboard, that would force your opponent to get out in the open because once you get in base and get one attack in there goes a lot of bombs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:39 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

That is a good map for SS. There are plenty of places to shoot, and enough walls and low objects to remain hidden. That map is a personal favorite of mine.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:05 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Case wrote:
I'm going to turn this post around a bit and offer advice to Rhox as well...

Put Zuckuss back in! Or perhaps not Zuckuss specifically, but a mobile shooter (with accurate) could really help you deal with many of the counters to your squad we've been posting about. Boba, Enforcer is a pretty good option. I would also throw in a Lobot, and bring your tactics broker in that way; if your opponent has a good MTB counter, just bring something better!

You are my only friend here, in this place full of Nom-haters :wink:
Yes,Lobot is great idea for this army,we didn´t know,that Never Tell Me The Odds cancels "explode" effect of Tactis Broker too. Boba is good too,but i think that Zuckuss is better, his Intuition gives him nearly-Mobile Attack and his cost is lower. Or I can take away them and put Boba Mercenary in this squad...

Nom Anor
Boba Fett,Mercenary
Ugnaught Demolitionist
7x Gran Raider
Lobot(Broker with junk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:26 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

SirStevee wrote:
That is a good map for SS. There are plenty of places to shoot, and enough walls and low objects to remain hidden. That map is a personal favorite of mine.

But Starship is not necessarily good for this specific type of Nom bomb squad. The squad we were discussing had very few shooters at all, and depended on being able to explode Grans. Starship actually allows for quite a lot of Lines of Sight where there is no cover involved, unless you stand on a green square.

Otherwise, the only better map I can think of would be Mustfar. :twisted:

@ Rhox:
Boba Fett Enforcer is GREAT for Nom Bombs because of one thing: Missles 30. If you use Lobot and then for some reason decide not to bring in the MTB, then you still have Boba's Missles 30 which can be used in conjunction with some grans to set-off chain reactions. Run a few Grans up to base somebody. target them with missles, and you'll hit a couple grans as well. It's quite likely you will fail at least one of your saves, making all the Grans go boom. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:18 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboSteel: I didn´t realized, that Boba can use his Missiles for explode Grans. This is great idea,thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
But Starship is not necessarily good for this specific type of Nom bomb squad. The squad we were discussing had very few shooters at all, and depended on being able to explode Grans. Starship actually allows for quite a lot of Lines of Sight where there is no cover involved, unless you stand on a green square.

Agreed. I lost map choice at a 150 once and had to play Nom Bomb against B&B on Starship. Lost side, too; so I started on the control room/escape pod side. It's not competely unwinnable, though. The trick is to plant one SSer on the green, and then position the rest behind it a couple of squares away so they continue to have cover. If you do get stuck on the control room side of the map, the turbolift is a great place to send a piece to for Gambit collection. Your opponent will have to bring at least one of his pieces clear around the map to do anything about it, and then you can surround that piece as necessary.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg