logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 Nom bombs TFU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

hello, my friend just has come with this army, and I actually don´t know what to do against it. I don´t want you to tell me hate armies or so, just tell the weakness of this. I know, armies with load of HPs will handle it quite easily, but it can´t be so powerfull, can it? Maybe he´s playing it wrong

Nom Anor
Muun tactics broker
few ugnaughts
1-2 defels
load of grans (about 16)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

One word......

Disruptive.

Or....two other words....

Han Rogue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:39 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

yes disruptive came to mind immediately, but rebels are rarely played in our community, and Nym doesn´t stand a chance against our meta.
Han rogue - ok, but the problem of self destruction still not fixed.

but thanks, it seems I should create a rebel army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R2PO and Chewbacca Rebel Hero would absolutely own this squad. Almost by themselves, in fact. Not to mention the fact that they are decent other wise as well. Try throwing in some of the other new Rebel pieces in order to deal with other meta squads.

It's hard to know what will and won't stand up against your local meta. Nym is pretty fragile no matter what, but I've recently been seeing more and more uses for him. Don't completely write him off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:39 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

our meta - broken boba, UPS, jango on a rope...
It seems that I really should bring in some nasty rebels :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You can have even more fun now with Leia of Cloud City...

Yes, your meta needs to be shown some new tricks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:08 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Disruptive is little bit problem for this army, but it´s not a big problem. Nym and R2D2 and 3PO are tough, but Juno is weak and often I have Zuckuss in this army(its my army).
Han Rogue-he is uneasy,but I have Muun for activate bombs, not for win initiative.
And Force Sense-yes,this is big problem:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I believe when Han Rogue is on the table, not only does the Muun not influence the initiative role, I don't believe he is able to Sacrifice pieces.

A couple other great counters: Republic squad with Depa Billaba, and any decent San Hill squad (if the reason for this isn't immediately obvious, Muun tactics broker allows San to brind 20 point of reinforcement every round.)

Also, a highly mobile squad should be able to work wonders here. Take attacks of opportunity from the Grans all day and go straight for the MTB and Nom. He has no door control, so getting to those two pieces shouldn't be terribly hard.

Post subject: Re: 150 Nom bombs TFU
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:37 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LukeCZ wrote:
hello, my friend just has come with this army, and I actually don´t know what to do against it. I don´t want you to tell me hate armies or so, just tell the weakness of this. I know, armies with load of HPs will handle it quite easily, but it can´t be so powerfull, can it? Maybe he´s playing it wrong

Nom Anor
Muun tactics broker
few ugnaughts
1-2 defels
load of grans (about 16)

If you're looking to beat this without hate counters like San Hill or characters with Force Sense, I'm not sure what to tell you. This would probably win in games where luck is on your side:

50 Darth Vader Unleashed
37 Grand Admiral Thrawn
13 Evo Trooper
08 Mas Amedda
30 Stormtrooper x6
12 Ugnaught x4

The first few rounds you are going to lose initiative, but that's okay. Every round he is reducing the number of activations in his squad by 1. If you can keep the pieces moving long enough, you can eventually gain the upper hand. Use the Ugs as a way to blow up bombs when possible. Vader can survive some hits from self-destruct, and has 2 ways of addressing super-stealth. Force Sense, and LS Throw 5 (it ignores cover).

Once you have more activations, you should be able to get a trooper in position for a swap with Vader so he can take out Nom.

EDIT: Okay, I took out Piett to make it 150 pts.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Last edited by Grand Moff Boris on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I'd have fun with:

Exar Kun
myncok x3
Acklay.

WIth its damage reduction, it would take most of the nom-bombs to bring it down. Also with melee reach and triple attack, it can set off a bunch of them per round.

Of course the mynocks with flight are there to get to Nom, then swap Kun in.

Your main point of attack should be to get to Nom. Once Nom is gone, the army is essentially useless.

Basic Studies: 397/540 [RS:51/60, CS:41/60, SITH:47/60, UNV:46/60, COTF:54/60, BH:51/60, AE:51/60, FU:51/60, LF:51/60]
Advanced: 47/102 [ATAT:1/1, ENDOR:4/4, R&I:5/24, SS2007:6/6, HBP:17/17; PROMOS 14/60]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:42 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Or my B&B squad with this vader that was already previously posted:

Vader, Unleashed 50 pts.
Thrawn 37 pts.
Piett 20 pts.
Mas 8 pts.
stormies x7

I'd personally rather just run stright up stormies with vader and the other support.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Actually, the typical 'UPS' squad with Exar Kun and swoops should do nicely. The Gran raiders are NEVER going to hit Kun (ok, not never, but pretty darn close to that). Use a swoop to get the jump on Nom. If you use Kun and Sly Moore then you can kill Nom with 3 activations (swoop, Sly Kun).

Boris idea with Vader Unleashed is also not bad at all. The only problem I see with that one is that Force Sense only lasts through the end of the round, and at the beginning of the next round, the Grans all get their Stealth back, which would allow the MTB to off one of them and still do the chain reaction crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Actually, the typical 'UPS' squad with Exar Kun and swoops should do nicely. The Gran raiders are NEVER going to hit Kun (ok, not never, but pretty darn close to that). Use a swoop to get the jump on Nom. If you use Kun and Sly Moore then you can kill Nom with 3 activations (swoop, Sly Kun).

Boris idea with Vader Unleashed is also not bad at all. The only problem I see with that one is that Force Sense only lasts through the end of the round, and at the beginning of the next round, the Grans all get their Stealth back, which would allow the MTB to off one of them and still do the chain reaction crap.

You just have to make sure that you're winning the activation battle as much as possible. Use Force Sense and then blast the Gran. Also, try to stay clear of them for the first few rounds. Stay in areas with closed doors or that are hard to get to within a 12-square reach.

Eventually, your opponent will find some hard decisions have to be made.

To be honest, I doubt I would use Force Sense more than once or twice, unless my opponent set me up for a clean sweep with my shooters.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

SirStevee wrote:
Or my B&B squad with this vader that was already previously posted:

Vader, Unleashed 50 pts.
Thrawn 37 pts.
Piett 20 pts.
Mas 8 pts.
stormies x7

I'd personally rather just run stright up stormies with vader and the other support.

11 activations won't cut it, not against a 22-or so activation squad with auto damage. At the end of the game, it would be 5-7 Gran, both Defel spies, and Nom vs. Vader.

EDIT: And I just noticed, you've no door control, either. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:42 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Any squad with disruptive and melee attackers can kill the squad you're having trouble with LukeCZ.

And Boris, 15 activations is better than 11, but against 22, I don't think it really matters. I think that you will have some more activations and time to wait out your opponent, but otherwise it's kind of irrelivant against this squad. And your squad isn't even 150. It's actually 170.

But anyway, I think anything with force sense is great here, because it takes out any chance of exploding bombs. If you can kill the MTB, your opponent will never be able to win initative, and never be able to set off bombs, because you auto-win initative and you use force sense with vader.

Force sense and disruptive are the best thing to counter nom bombs, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Of course I just realized my squad is more than 150, so I guess it's back to square one. :P

EDIT: Fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

:lol:

It looks like it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:24 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

great discussion guys, next time I will try Nym JWM swarm, and will see. (It should beat it quite easily)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Rhox wrote:
Disruptive is little bit problem for this army, but it´s not a big problem. Nym and R2D2 and 3PO are tough, but Juno is weak and often I have Zuckuss in this army(its my army).

I'm going to turn this post around a bit and offer advice to Rhox as well...

Put Zuckuss back in! Or perhaps not Zuckuss specifically, but a mobile shooter (with accurate) could really help you deal with many of the counters to your squad we've been posting about. Boba, Enforcer is a pretty good option. I would also throw in a Lobot, and bring your tactics broker in that way; if your opponent has a good MTB counter, just bring something better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:31 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

You could snipe his uggys off and then lock yourself in a room for one round until he kills off the MTB, then go crazy.