logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: San, Post FU
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I'm not sure if it has any playability, but I'll play it anyways.

Boba, Merc 58
San Hill 10
Aurra Sing, JH 41
Lobot 27
Uggyx2 6
Gran Raiderx2 8
150 points, 9+ activations

Lobot can bring in pretty much anything he wants, MTB and a Gonk, Wicket and Garindan, Wicket and Uggys, Wicket and a Quarren, anything.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Last edited by adder on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:24 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Looks solid. I have been thinking of this build as well, i just haven't built it yet. It would be nice to get an ASP in there so your shooters (Aurra) are not left in the open. It just means that you wont rely on Boba's cunning until you blow San.

I think the initial builds i had i used the ASP in the build and then used Lobot for the Ugs, but your build adds the use of the MTB, which you really cant afford to do with mine.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I dont think Boba Merc will be as good as BH in this particular build. Typically, in the key rounds, you want to use Aurra's BB with the first activation. Also, intuition is somewhat lost in this as well as you often want to go last. This is the squad where I still think BH is preferred.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:36 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You dont lose intuition. What you lose is the cunning. The intuition plays right into this as you can pop out and if you lose init you can get out of the way. Not arguing that BH is better, but i still like Merc, especially when you are planning on using the MTB.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:38 am 

Sithdragon13 wrote:
You dont lose intuition. What you lose is the cunning. The intuition plays right into this as you can pop out and if you lose init you can get out of the way. Not arguing that BH is better, but i still like Merc, especially when you are planning on using the MTB.

thats what I meant. typed the wrong thing.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, I'm not really sure that Boba Merc will work as well in San Squads when a large portion of the squads purpose is to be able to go last in the round.

However, for the squad you have there, I would definitely switch 1 or 2 of those Ugos for Gran raiders. You already have Lobot for door control, so you don't need 4 ugos. Gran raiders make for great gambit collectors when your opponent doesn't have any accurate shooters, or when they have already activated the accurate shooters earlier in the round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:46 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LoboStele wrote:
Yeah, I'm not really sure that Boba Merc will work as well in San Squads when a large portion of the squads purpose is to be able to go last in the round.

That's exactly why I think it won't work as well as the other version, but I guess we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Although it does set up the possibility of using the MTB, getting some early damage, and at the right time, kill San through the MTB, intuition Boba out, double cunning with him and then BB with Aurra. It is a nice bit of damage that can severely cripple.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oooh....I hadn't though of that option. Only thing that constantly worries me though is having a way to get rid of the MTB when he is no longer needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Although it does set up the possibility of using the MTB, getting some early damage, and at the right time, kill San through the MTB, intuition Boba out, double cunning with him and then BB with Aurra. It is a nice bit of damage that can severely cripple.

Whoa.
Whoa!
That's brutal, I should try it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I played the squad yesterday and it performed fairly well.

My opponents were TenEyedMan playing a Kota Kart squad with Yoda and thejumpingflea with an AMAZINGLY annoying Revan squad consisting of two Quarrens and Garindan.

My first game was against TenEyedMan on Throne Room, he was on the Throne side. He immediately loaded Chewie and Kota into the cart and progressed up the hallway. I took control of the middle early and made a mistake, allowing him to set up a devastating Repulse that killed Lando and wounded Aurra. After taking out Chewie and the cart it was initiative time. I lost and he based Boba, taking 20 damage. I doubled with Boba and then Twinned with Aurra. Next round I lost init and ran away from Kota with Boba. He repulsed and killed all of his remaining pieces besides Yoda. I proceeded to Twin and then Double Kota with Aurra and Boba. Game over.

The second game was against thejumpingflea on Starship Hardboard. I lost side roll and was stuck on the bad side. I completely forgot about Intuition and Boba took a quick 20. He moved up and I hid in the Escape Pod room. I lost init and we each positioned ourselves for the strike, in doing so I locked Boba and Aurra inside the room. Init, I lost, but rolled a 1 so I brought in reinforcements. He then based Lando and Force Stormed, killing some of my fodder. Then I unlocked the door and shot Revan with everything I had, he took 40. Init, I lost. Then, for some reason that I don't remember he moved away from Lando to try to kill Boba, taking AoOs from Lando and Aurra in the process. All attacks hit, doing 90 damage. He then corrupted Boba and I failed my save, dead Boba. Lando shot and Aurra twinned and Revan was dead.

I must say, the squad did better than I thought it still needs some tweaking, but if you don't have Boba, BH it's a decent alternative.