logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New post-TFU Nom Bomb
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

OK, well, with the new Force Unleashed mini-FAQ available, the Muun Tactics Broker just became Nom's new best friend.

So, here's what I'm thinking as a post-TFU Nom Squad:

Boba Enforcer
Nom Anor
Lobot
Aqualish Assassin x3
Advance Scout x3
Gran Raider x3

12 base activations. Plan to bring in the Muun and 3 more Grans with Lobot, and have Nom give Ooglith to the Muun. Now, at the end of every round, you do your best to end with at least one Gran Raider adjacent to an enemy (I know, might tough 1st or 2nd round, that's what the free Grans are for). When the Muun offs a piece, the Self-Destruct 20 triggers. You can use this for slow damage over time, or to set up a big chain reaction. You can even set up the Muun to be taken out by one of the Gran's SD when you don't want to have to deal with the Muun any longer.

With a total of 12 pieces (13 including the Muun) that can go boom, that's a decent amount of damage if necessary. Obviously though, Boba and the AA's try to do as much damage as they can without blowing up. By winning Init each round, your Advance Scouts get perfect opportunities for using Thud-Bugs like crazy.

The only other things in TFU that I can see being useful in a Nom Bomb squad is either the Uggernaut or the Amanin scout, but I can't really see squeezing either of those into a 150 pt squad. Perhaps at 200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:23 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Wicked.

Be careful of a couple of things, though. The new Vader has Force Sense, which can hurt your Grans. The rebels have a new cheap Disruptive. And by running the Grans up next to people, they will go down fast (especially if I know it's going to blow up at init the next round, I'll just go ahead and kill them) which will be very bad down the stretch with the muun.

It looks like a fun squad to play, and a fun one to play against.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Jedi1972 wrote:
Be careful of a couple of things, though. The new Vader has Force Sense, which can hurt your Grans. The rebels have a new cheap Disruptive.

Rob built so many CE counters into this set. I need to play a few games before I rule that the CE swarm days are over.