logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 pt. Melee only.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:00 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

We are playing a tourney that has characters only with melee attack. I know Bane and Vader, JH will be present. I have a feeling the old Jedi will get the dust blown off them too. I have play tested my squad against a Bane squad (Bane, Sith Mutant, Ug) and won both games. Just wanted to see if there were any ideas I havent thought of.

Advance Agent, Officer 11
Advance Scout 6
Warmaster Tsavong Lah 63
Yomin Carr 19

Warmaster is the tank of course, while the other 3 are for support and thud. This nulls Jedi and Jedi Hunter amd I think this is my best bet. Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:29 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

looks like an ok squad. It would be much better if you could get more scouts in there. the major problem is warmaster, just not enough damage, poison is good though.
I suggest dropping the advanced agent and throwing in 2 more scouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, having the Officer in there isn't a bad idea at all, because if you do win Initiative, then you'll be attacking for 20 damage a hit. Against Bane you'll be in decent shape. The problem is....Vader is going to have lots of fun with you. You see, if Vader wins init, you'll be lucky to do damage to him period. He gets Dark Armor against your attack (EDIT: No force point re-rolls though!), and then a save against Poison. So, unless your opponent is rolling really badly, it will probably take longer for you to kill Vader than the other way around. Of course, if Vader brings a Sith Witch as backup (which is a likely scenario) then that would definitely be in your favor. I guess if Lah and Vader are doing about the same amount of damage to each other each turn, and your other three guys are spitting poison all over the place, then you'd probably have an edge.

Be prepared for the Bane squad to run Bane and 6 Ugos though. That many attacking Ugnaughts will likely take out your Scout and your Officer relatively quickly.

This sounds like a really neat format though. May have to try this out at some point!

Last edited by LoboStele on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:07 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
Yeah, having the Officer in there isn't a bad idea at all, because if you do win Initiative, then you'll be attacking for 20 damage a hit. Against Bane you'll be in decent shape. The problem is....Vader is going to have lots of fun with you. You see, if Vader wins init, you'll be lucky to do damage to him period. He gets Dark Armor against your attack (and I think he can re-roll this one with a Force Point still), and then a save against Poison. So, unless your opponent is rolling really badly, it will probably take longer for you to kill Vader than the other way around. Of course, if Vader brings a Sith Witch as backup (which is a likely scenario) then that would definitely be in your favor. I guess if Lah and Vader are doing about the same amount of damage to each other each turn, and your other three guys are spitting poison all over the place, then you'd probably have an edge.

Be prepared for the Bane squad to run Bane and 6 Ugos though. That many attacking Ugnaughts will likely take out your Scout and your Officer relatively quickly.

This sounds like a really neat format though. May have to try this out at some point!

With this squad I have a few options as far as initiative goes. This is very Int dependant. If I win I can either cunning attack with Lah, and thud, or go for the double thud. This is always circumstantial and changes but you get the idea. With no reroll, (b/c I feel the majority of players will be using Jedi) this is a game changing aspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

shoot! your right.
I guess, I thought it said followers not allies. My bad.
So you are totally right.
However: this squad is very, very initiative dependent.
It will definitely give a Jedi Heavy Squad a run for their money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

masterjudge wrote:
shoot! your right.
I guess, I thought it said followers not allies. My bad.
So you are totally right.

Yeah, it's the only thing that's really sweet about the Vong. All of them can benefit from any of their commander effects. It's pretty cool.

I say go for it man. If you're expecting your opponents to run heavy Jedi squads, then you'll probably stand a decent chance. Against any opponents that don't have Dark Armor or some other form of Damage Reduction, then I'd go to town on them with Thud Bugs, and just let Lah's 10 damage +10 Poison whittle them down. It's amazing how long it takes to kill Lah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:05 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LoboStele wrote:
It's amazing how long it takes to kill Lah.

So true, he survived for 5 turns against my Han in STA squad. He's a tank, not a beatstick, a tank. You've optimized his power here, looks good. JWM swarms won't be sucessful, there's too much health for Darth Bane (and he relies on force).