logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Vader Goes Commando (100pt. Imperial)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:30 pm 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Redmond, WA
Using my shiny new Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter with a couple other shiny black pieces.

"Vader Goes Commando"
Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter [75]
Storm Commando [17]
Probe Droid [8]
[100]

(Credit to thejumpingflea for the name)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
looks like a fun squad. You should put a vader with a commander effect in there, and it would work a lot better. However, initiative control is good. Vader is a beat so you have that going for you, but still Vader IC or Lord Vader would complement the storm commando better. This is just my opinion.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:40 am 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Redmond, WA
masterjudge wrote:
looks like a fun squad. You should put a vader with a commander effect in there, and it would work a lot better. However, initiative control is good. Vader is a beat so you have that going for you, but still Vader IC or Lord Vader would complement the storm commando better. This is just my opinion.


Unfortunately, I don't own Lord Vader, but Advantageous stacked with the Commando's Cunning Attack would be nice.

Vader IC's CE only benefits Troopers, so it wouldn't help this squad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:08 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
shinja wrote:
masterjudge wrote:
looks like a fun squad. You should put a vader with a commander effect in there, and it would work a lot better. However, initiative control is good. Vader is a beat so you have that going for you, but still Vader IC or Lord Vader would complement the storm commando better. This is just my opinion.


Unfortunately, I don't own Lord Vader, but Advantageous stacked with the Commando's Cunning Attack would be nice.

Vader IC's CE only benefits Troopers, so it wouldn't help this squad.


Oh yeah duh, sorry. I was barely awake when I posted, wasn't thinking.

Anyway if you dont have Lord Vader, this squad will still be fun. try making a 150 varient.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:14 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 1543
Location: Central CT
sacrificing Vader JH's stats for LV in this squad is a mistake. Boosting the SC isn't an even trade in stats.

_________________
Bottoms up and spirits down


Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:04 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
punxnbutter wrote:
sacrificing Vader JH's stats for LV in this squad is a mistake. Boosting the SC isn't an even trade in stats.


You might be right, but I personally think the SC will be able to do a lot more with LV instead of Jedi Hunter. LV's ability to move and do 120 damage is better in my opinion, The Probe droid doesn't ensure an initiative win so LVs abilty to move and then dish it out is much better. LV doesn't have as high of an attack, but I still would rather use him than Vader, JH. He also helps the SC with his commader effect.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield