logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Noble Boba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Looking for some critique on my first DCI 100pt Constructed tournament.

62 Boba Fett, BH
18 Lando, Dashing Scoundrel
17 Bothan Noble
03 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Mobile shooters with the Noble giving Boba an extra set of attacks. Was thinking about bringing the Mos Eisley map to play on. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Noble Boba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

If you are looking at using the mobile and noble effectively, I would suggest a different map such as Ravaged Base where you have more room to mobile from around walls and keep the bothan safe. Mos Eisley is fairly open as far as line of sight is concern in my opinion. If I saw this squad on that map, I would take aim with any accuracte shooter at the bothan first as both Fett and Lando have evade.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Well, I figured I was going to keep the Bothan out of sight as much as possible and focus on any accurate shooters first. Ravaged Base has too many doors and without Override, I think that I'd have a hard time advancing, as well as being within range of beatsticks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:49 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

In that case, Death Star, Starship (Hardboard), or Rancor Pit would still probably be better choices than Mos Eisley. The problem with Mos Eisley is that you generally HAVE to move out towards the middle of the map in order to engage your opponents. And the Bothan HAS to be within 6 squares to give Boba or Lando the extra shots. I think you'll find it tough to put Boba out in the middle AND keep the Bothan completely hidden. There's very little to no full cover to hide behind in the center of the Mos Eisley map.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Okay. Thanks for the map suggestions. Any suggestions as to the squad? Additionally, my friend is bringing the following:

44 Obi Unleashed
39 Luke, LOTLS
17 Bothan Noble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Honestly, i would consider dropping Lando for another Bothan. You can then heal him for 20 a round, and Boba brings in more offense more reliably than Lando. Yes, the gamble is that all of your eggs are literally in a single basket.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

The first squad I played after LOTF came out was Boba with 2 Nobles. It works really well if you can keep the Bothans hidden. The tough part is you lose out on Mobile Attack since you have to leave Boba exposed so he can get his shots from the BN's. Of course Evade plus being able to heal 20 a round does help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:01 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I finally got a chance to try the double Bothan build in a 100 point tournament. I have been waiting since day one to use it. After playing the double Bothan, I can see how the Lando build would have worked better for me. I didn't get the double Bothan multi attack/heal off in any of the matches that were close. Most of the time the second Bothan got left behind and smoked. Lando would have been able to hang back and hold his own in those situations. Against the squads that it wasn't even close it wouldn't have made difference either way. To be fair to the squad, I didn't face super stealth and I think the second Bothan would make a real difference that type of match.

I did get off Disintegrations in two matches though. Four sets out Boba BH is still ridiculously good. :boba:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

The first time I played it I faced a SS squad with Amidala, Mon Mothma, Bacara, and ECT's. To make things worse he rolled a 20 the first 2 iniatives. The whole game consisted of me moving Boba 12 to base something then getting one of the Nobles close enough to let him twin whatever he was next to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Wow that must have hurt. Under normal circumstances Boba should have had no problem with that squad with his healing Nobles undoing all the Moth damage. In that build they started with 3 ECT's? That won't last long against much, super stealth or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:50 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I still won without too much trouble. It was just a pain having to chase down each piece one by one. All the return shots were a pain too since he used those 2 20's on iniative to bring in 2 more ECT's and Antilles. If the ECT's had accurate i'd have been screwed since the only way i was able to do what I did was to keep the Nobles behind Boba so he was the only legal target.