Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Here is a squad that I have been playing around with at the 100pts level:

50 Vader, Unleashed
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
26 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

6 activations

While there is no real initiative control with this squad, it is designed more to give you options against other 100pt squads. The Kel Dors gain super stealth and can either hang back and shoot, move to gain gambit, or in cases of a problematic enemy, can rush up to an opponent and be denotated by Vader's Lightsaber throw, adding an additional 40 damage after Vader's two attacks on the opponent. Vader supports the squad by giving additional support by providing long range force attacks and Force Sense against other non-vong super stealth squads.

Not too sure how competitive this squad will be, but it appears to have some potential....

Post subject: Re: Unleashed Kel Dors
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:50 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Lackey wrote:
While there is no real initiative control with this squad

Super Stealth Recon is better than nothing.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Lackey wrote:
Here is a squad that I have been playing around with at the 100pts level:

50 Vader, Unleashed
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
26 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

6 activations

While there is no real initiative control with this squad, it is designed more to give you options against other 100pt squads. The Kel Dors gain super stealth and can either hang back and shoot, move to gain gambit, or in cases of a problematic enemy, can rush up to an opponent and be denotated by Vader's Lightsaber throw, adding an additional 40 damage after Vader's two attacks on the opponent. Vader supports the squad by giving additional support by providing long range force attacks and Force Sense against other non-vong super stealth squads.

Not too sure how competitive this squad will be, but it appears to have some potential....

I'd drop Vader UL for Vader CotF. The Kel-Dors can go into base and use Vaders CE to attack at a possible +20 for 20 damage and if you miss then you do 40 from self destruct.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

That is a good idea...I will have to test out that possibility too. I liked the idea of having the long range force abilities, but the likelihood of pulling off multiple uses in a 100pt. match is not probable.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Base to Base with CotF's +4 Bonus that SD is not going to go off except on a 1 against uniques and 4 or lower for nonuniques. At least Unleashed Vader has the potential of killing the Kel Dors himself with Lightsaber Throw 5!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:36 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

After a bit more playing around, R5 is correct concerning the choice of CotF. The Kel Dor simply did not roll 1 to self destruct.

I am back to playing around with Unleashed. The Lightsaber Throw is the way to go for exploding Kel Dors :)

Haven't seen what this squad can do against the Vong yet. I think that is where some trouble lies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Played my initial squad last night at ACME and went 3-1. My choice of map was Mos Eisley, but I only played on it once against Thrawn. The only loss was to Lobo's squad in which he was using Flea's Jedi Hunter Vong squad. At the end of the second I really goofed and placed Vader right in range of a JH, Wicket and the Shaper. A twin and the loss of initiative ended any real hope of pulling it out. The Kel Dor's simply cannot get past the Vong Armor well enough and Lobo was smart enough to place his Shaper in a position where I could not base her with the Kel Dor.

The other squads I face last night included a Mando Fett, Gunslinger, Soldier and Human Bodyguard. This squad fell fairly easy once I put Vader into position for his throw. Only Fett was able to Vader's defense the whole match, and he missed on several tries too.

The next squad was Thrawn, 3 Commandos, Ug and Mas. This was a bad match-up for my opponent. The Commandos could not hit Vader at all, needing 14s to hit him in cover. The Kel Dors and Nyna were popping the Commandos with the extra +10 due to Stealth each time they were left in the open.

Lobo's squad was next and the results are above.

Last squad faced was a Sith squad with Lumiya, Fett Enforcer, & Wicket. Playing the Fett without Flight made things fairly easy. I based him with the Kel Dors forcing him to either kill them or take the AoO to move away. I won Inititative and based Fett again, then completed the Lightsaber Throw, killing Fett (he had a couple hits prior to this), Wicket and my Kel Dor. Lumiya had no real chance after that as she took extra damage from Nyna's CE, including from Vader.

Overall I though this squad did very well and because of my bone-headed mistake, I did not get to see how it would really fare against the Vong. I think though it would have been very tough though. Mos Eisley was a great choice for map and this squad also did very well on the Throne Room map. My lose occurred on Ravaged Base as an fyi.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Nice report. :lsfight: This squad seems like it'd be great fun to play too.....I may give this one a spin

Those Vong are awesome in 100 :shock: I wish they're be as good in 200.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!