logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 point team builds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Okay, so these are the rules:
Each player on the team builds a 100 point squad using the same faction + Fringe (both players must have Empire, for example; one player can't have Sith and the other have Old Republic). Only one version of a unique character per team (you can't have a character whose name contains Darth Vader if your teammate also has a character with Darth Vader in its name).

Then, players set their squads up in the same starting area on the map as their teammate(s). At the start of the skirmish, one player from each team is designated the captain; he rolls map choice and initiative for his team each round. The captain always takes his team's first phase each round, and in the event of 3-player team games, designates the order of play for his teammates at the start of the skirmish.

Each round, phases rotate back and forth between teams. For example, players A and B are on a team and players C and D are on a team. Player A (that team's captain) wins initiative and chooses his team to go first. Player A takes the first phase, then player C (that team's captain) goes next. Player B takes the next phase, then player D, and the order of play continues with player A again, and so on.

So, now you know the rules. What are the best squads for something like this. This is what I am thinking about.

Team 1 (captain)
37 Grand Admiral Thrawn
57 Emperor Roan Fel
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Team 2
50 Darth Vader, Unleashed
08 Mas Amedda
36 Gran Raider x9
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I basically took a 200 point concept and tried to break it down as close as possible. What do you think?

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: 100 point team builds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Assumming one Team can use the other's CEs and such as well, right?

I'll think about this and see what I can come up with. It's basically like the 4 player games we did in the GVL, which were a lot of fun.

Post subject: Re: 100 point team builds
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:22 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I want to try this, and I REALLY want Vassal to work again for me. I wish I could get that thing functioning properly.

ImageImage