PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:50 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Fool wrote:
Darth Vader, Unleashed
Emperor Palpatine
Twi'lek Bodyguard

3 activations, 100 points

Low on activations but it's safe to say that Vader more than makes up for it. The twi'lek is for the big "D" and Korriban is map (preferably).

On other Maps vader also shines while he builds up FP.

Perhaps the new 100 point squad to beat.

I will conitinue playing my Swiss Army Knife. (An auto win against your squad) I think that it is going to become more and more powerful as this set is released.

Your squad is good, but not competitive in any way. When one thing can nerf your squad it is never a good idea to play.

EDIT: Force Immunity is useless against this Vader. This squad is good, very good.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:13 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I'm confused.... How is the Swiss Army Knife an Auto-win vs. this squad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roulex wrote:
I'm confused.... How is the Swiss Army Knife an Auto-win vs. this squad?

Haha, well I spaced out on how Lightsaber Throw worked for a second.

It would be an auto-win if the Throw did not affect Force Immune characters. It is not that case though so the game would not be an auto win.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:18 pm 

I'd call it a fair fight. Sure, Vader can instagib one of your storm commandos, but they can easily chip away his health... and Palp is worthless against this squad except as a force battery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roulex wrote:
I'd call it a fair fight. Sure, Vader can instagib one of your storm commandos, but they can easily chip away his health... and Palp is worthless against this squad except as a force battery.

I'd call it slightly in his favor at Korriban and in my favor on any other map. I have Init and activations on my side. Those SC's will dish damage to his squad fast and if I play it correctly he will have to kill the 2 Storms, Tarkin and Mas before he can touch either SC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:22 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

thejumpingflea wrote:
Roulex wrote:

I'd call it slightly in his favor at Korriban and in my favor on any other map. I have Init and activations on my side. Those SC's will dish damage to his squad fast and if I play it correctly he will have to kill the 2 Storms, Tarkin and Mas before he can touch either SC.

The Flea is right... again.
That squad just can't stand up to the Swiss Army Knife.
The movement and Damage output the Storm Commandos have isn't rivaled by Vader's Throw. The Throw is awsome, heck it makes Vader one of the best snipers in the game. Sadly Vader can't stand up to initiative, movement, and extreme damage in the first few turns. The only danger is grip, but that can be easily avoided with good strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:04 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

masterjudge wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
Roulex wrote:

The Flea is right... again.
That squad just can't stand up to the Swiss Army Knife.
The movement and Damage output the Storm Commandos have isn't rivaled by Vader's Throw. The Throw is awsome, heck it makes Vader one of the best snipers in the game. Sadly Vader can't stand up to initiative, movement, and extreme damage in the first few turns. The only danger is grip, but that can be easily avoided with good strategy.

He does have DA if I remember correctly. Good luck putting enough damage on him to kill him before he gets LT off. When he does there goes half your damage output, and the only way to keep him from getting a LT off is to kill him or palpatine first turn, not gonna happen.

Post subject: Re: Unleash the Force
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I played the Vader UL, Emp, and twilek against a Han STA, Itorian Commander based stealthy sqaud and won. I think if played correctly it could be the swiss army knife, but I would give it 50/50 chance.

I will agree that the Emp. is not an offensive peice at all, but can defend itslef against a rush if need with force storm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:53 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I was thinking about trying out vader Unleashed with Palpy in my next 100 point game. Boba isn't as big of a problem where I play so I've been considering 2 Nobles or 3 Ugs in place of the BG.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

this seems to me to be unbeatable. Has anyone beaten this team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

<Why did I think that a squad with this name would contain Jacen Solo?>

ImageImage