Post subject: Re: Green Eggs & Ham
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:20 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Fool wrote:
Luke and Yoda
Princess Leia
Twi'lek BG

That's exactly what I was planning to use to try out Luke/Yoda in a 100 point squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I'm sorry Homer . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:40 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I blame my 25% Canadian blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:09 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I was thinking along the same lines, but instead of the BG, I was thinking of using 2 Rebel Troopers, or other filler.

I prefer the extra activations, and they could combine fire with Leia. The Luke and Yoda figure is such a defensive beast that it wouldn't need the BG. Of course, you could use it for Leia.

Good looking squad, Fool!

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the BG is nice. 3 activations is a tad bit light, but if you advance slowly enough across the field, hopefully Leia can take out some of the scrubs. Having the BG is perfect for combating either Boba BH or Bane. It gives you the much needed Disintegration protection (if you're farther than 6 squares away) and also lets you take an extra hit from Bane at some point. With Force Defense, Bane shouldn't be able to LS or Rage against either Leia or Luke&Yoda, so having the BG alive might keep Leia around for at least one more round.

Luke's combination of Defense and Push is going to be brutal against melee pieces like Bane. You will only ever get one attack at a time against L&Y unless you have Twin Attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:15 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I like it. Have you tried playtesting it yet? I'd like to hear the results.

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:39 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Should be good in 100 and it'll make for longer games than normal at that point level. L&Y should be a good stall piece in higher point games.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Fool wrote:
Not yet but I think it will be pretty powerful at 100.

Even vs say SAK which is pretty rocking.

THe thing I like is that by the time you start getting pelted you'll have reflect for shooters and push for melee so you really have a lot of flexibility against both types of attacks IF you are able to accrue a lot of FP

Haha, SAK as in Swiss Army Knife I am guessing. I think that this Luke will fall rather quickly to the SAK, but with lucky rolls Luke could handle it. Once he bases Thrawn it is over so it really is in no way a guarentee. Nice squad.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:26 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I just played two games yesterday against Loda, and I must say that Reflect works great with him. He's got the Force Points to use it, and if he misses his save, he just rerolls it. That will help out against SAK.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Jedi1972 wrote:
I just played two games yesterday against Loda, and I must say that Reflect works great with him. He's got the Force Points to use it, and if he misses his save, he just rerolls it. That will help out against SAK.

Cant use fps to respond to attacks made in the bubble. You carefully charge Thrawn - or hide out of los in gambit against any thrawn shooters. Dont let them shoot you from in the bubble - easy enough mos of the time - and chase down thrawn when you can - also not to hard when he can only move 12, and Loda can move 18.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Jedi1972 wrote:

No it won't. The SC's will be within 6 of Thrawn. Doing 120 damage to him in one round is very doable and he would not be able to Deflect any of the shots.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Oohhh, SAK against Loda. That would be an interesting matchup. The SAK would have to play more cautious than ever and with 3 reflects per turn he will be extremely hard to kill. Also, after the SC is in base Loda only needs a...7? a 7 to hit.

Very interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:12 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

adder wrote:
Oohhh, SAK against Loda. That would be an interesting matchup. The SAK would have to play more cautious than ever and with 3 reflects per turn he will be extremely hard to kill. Also, after the SC is in base Loda only needs a...7? a 7 to hit.

Very interesting...

Rolling a 7 twice in a row is less than a 50% chance of happening.

No reflect when I am within the Bubble. (I assure you I will be against a Force user like this!)

Tarkin gets constant LOS with the lack of accurate that can kill him at 100 meaning I outactivate you.

SC's need 7's to hit Yuke. Considering it is a 17 point piece vs. a 70 that is damn good.

This piece relies on Force, something it doesn't get to use when the SAK is on the board. The SAK will have the upperhand in positioning, initiative, damage and such too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thejumpingflea wrote:
No reflect when I am within the Bubble. (I assure you I will be against a Force user like this!)

You can't deflect (or reflect) an attack made from within the Bubble? Ruling please, I really don't understand.

I'm pretty sure reflect doesn't target, does it? The Bubble stops targeting of Force Powers, so if the reflect doesn't target then the SC still takes damage, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:12 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

adder wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:

You can't deflect (or reflect) an attack made from within the Bubble? Ruling please, I really don't understand.

I'm pretty sure reflect doesn't target, does it? The Bubble stops targeting of Force Powers, so if the reflect doesn't target then the SC still takes damage, right?

The bubble grants Force Immunity. You cannot alter the attacks of a Force Immune character with Force Points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:01 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thejumpingflea wrote:
adder wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:

The bubble grants Force Immunity. You cannot alter the attacks of a Force Immune character with Force Points.

I don't think it does, it means that characters within 6 squares can't be targeted by Force Powers, IMO that's not Force Immunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:09 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I like it Fool sounds like a fun one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:29 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

adder wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
adder wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:

I don't think it does, it means that characters within 6 squares can't be targeted by Force Powers, IMO that's not Force Immunity.

I think force immunity cancels out reflect/deflect.
Ysalamiri: Characters within 6 squares cannot spend Force points this character and characters within 6 squares cannot be targeted by Force powers.
The Flea would make sure when he attacked that Yuke is within six of thrawn, so Yuke couldn't spend force points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm 

the Force Bubble does grant Force Immunity. You cannot alter an attack made from within the bubble. Its found in the new glossary definition.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I was searching for a definition, or at least an elaboration, on that effect and couldn't find one. Now I know where to look, but I can't.

I think it's time I break down and order a Starter from Amazon.