logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: How long should a turn take?
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

there is an enormous amount of square counting done in todays game. Whatever the designers intended when they wanted this to be a quick game stopped when they added tempo control, swaps and speeds up to 34 squares.

3 or even 5 minutes for a phase is not uncommon when the move is crucial to survival. usually once the safe squares are realised the game moves on from that turn fairly rapidly.

But no matter how you shake it, 8 minutes is excessive.

However, the game in question was accurately judged by Brad, the offending party was given a warning and when the game came to time he judged that an extra round was needed which gave johnny the chance to win.

I think the moral of this tale is that its down to the judges discression and this case serves as a great example of how to handle such a situation. Brad was fair and unbiased and handled it perfectly.

Other than commending Brad i see little good that can come from a thread like this, such is the subjective nature of peoples turns.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:25 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I messed up. I just wanted data from others about what happen. I should of made up a story about Joe and his Anakin stap then Brad or my opponent wouldn't of been talked about. I wasnt trying to put the player I played under the bus or the Judge all I wanted was info from others so I can know what to do if this happens again.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:46 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Well I think it can be fair to say that a turn that takes an excessively long time (judge's discresion), then as a player you should ask for a slow play warning. Further stretching of turn/round may result in a game loss (judge's discresion again).

That said, I consider this thread having reached the end of its useful life.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2