logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Bastila vs. Tempo Control
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:49 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Came up when I was playing a quick game today with Shawn:

He used ABM the round before and I had San. She still hadn't activated, and I went 2nd in the round.

Sora was based to his "Exile" and Tyranus DLotS was within 6 of his Bastila. Sora could benefit from Twin without ABM.

So I moved Tyranus and Lightninged her. ABM is over so Sora can now benefit from Twin.

The question was: Do I (per Dodonna) check for Activations per phase at the beginning of the phase? Thus I could still activate Sora. Or Was I back to activating one and Sora could not act that phase?

Really never had it come up via disruptive.

Post subject: Re: Bastila vs. Tempo Control
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You check for the tempo control CE's at the beginning of the phase. So even if you ended Advance Battle Meditation early, San's CE wouldn't take effect till next phase.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Sithborg wrote:
You check for the tempo control CE's at the beginning of the phase. So even if you ended Advance Battle Meditation early, San's CE wouldn't take effect till next phase.

Cool, I was pretty sure I was right, but there's always that doubt in odd situations. I told him I was basing it on the Dodonna precedent of declaring at the beginning and he seemed cool with it, but I wanted the verification.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

With Disruptive you check at the beginning of the Phase, so if you are Disrupted but move San away far enough, you still only get the one.

I would venture to say that, once your phase has begun, and you have no CE's, then you are activating 2. Your next phase is when San would come into play.

And, scrolling down, I see that I've been sniped by a Borg. Go assimilate someone else, Scott! ROFL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

dvader831 wrote:
With Disruptive you check at the beginning of the Phase, so if you are Disrupted but move San away far enough, you still only get the one.

Umm, I'm pretty certain that's not what you meant to say, as it goes against the rest of your post. Since it isn't correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:22 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

LOL I had two different ideas going on. Ignore my rambling. I was trying to say what Scott had already said.

The one game I played had someone try to get San disrupted and get a second activation. I learned later it should not have worked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good question, I don't know but my guess would be that you would not be able to activate sora, that you would be back down to one activation with San. Not that my guess means anything to you, I just thought I would share my thoughts. I remember something about someone with twin via a c.e. being disrupted by abm and that character moves up hits bastilla. I believe it was ruled that as long as she took damage from that atk that the said character would still get a twin on her then. If my memory is correct then I don't see why this wouldn't be rule this way. Almost the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:42 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wow that was weird my iPod must be really slow today. (that's what I'm online with)
when I started to reply no one had said anything yet on your post. By the time I was done there was 4-5 other replys. So I guess I was wrong and disregard my previous post. Sorry bout that

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

sthlrd2 wrote:
Good question, I don't know but my guess would be that you would not be able to activate sora, that you would be back down to one activation with San. Not that my guess means anything to you, I just thought I would share my thoughts. I remember something about someone with twin via a c.e. being disrupted by abm and that character moves up hits bastilla. I believe it was ruled that as long as she took damage from that atk that the said character would still get a twin on her then. If my memory is correct then I don't see why this wouldn't be rule this way. Almost the same thing.

This is incorrect. The reason why the two would work differently is timing. San's CE, and other tempo control CE's, would be checked before Advanced Battle Meditation would be cancelled, whereas in the Twin situation, you would check for Whorm's CE after Advanced Battle Meditation was cancelled.