logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Questions about Use the force
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hi, I have a few questions about Use the Force. I hope you guys can clarify somethings for me. :)

Quote:
Use the Force
Force 3: This character's next attack roll counts as a natural 20

1. Use the force as explained, makes a character's next attack roll count as a critical hit. If i were to use Force Alter on that character, would the the attack have to be rolled?

2. If i had could use force points more than once per turn and had double attack, c/o light spirit, could i "Use the Force" for one attack, then again for another? I was under the impression that this wasn't possible due to how stacking takes effect. Just like you can't use Knight speed twice in a row. (Is my understanding correct in the first place? :| )

Again, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Questions about Use the force
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

1. Force Alter has no effect on someone who has used 'Use the Force'. Well, technically, you could do Force Alter, but no matter what happens, the end result of the attack roll is a Natural 20.

2. Yes, if you have the ability to spend Force Points twice in a turn, then you CAN do Use The Force more than once. This is different than your example with Knight Speed because Use The Force would apply on completely separate attack actions, where as trying to use Knight Speed multiple times would be affecting one single move action.

This is why the combination of Luke COTF, Princess Leia (A&E), and an Obi-Wan (either RS or TFU) is so brutal. Luke can move 6 squares, do Use The Force, and gets a free Flurry Attack because of it. Then you can do Use The Force again on the Flurry Attack, generating another Flurry, for a total of 3 attacks. Then on Leia's turn, she can end within 6 of Luke and have him do the same thing all over again!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
This is why the combination of Luke COTF, Princess Leia (A&E), and an Obi-Wan (either RS or TFU) is so brutal. Luke can move 6 squares, do Use The Force, and gets a free Flurry Attack because of it. Then you can do Use The Force again on the Flurry Attack, generating another Flurry, for a total of 3 attacks. Then on Leia's turn, she can end within 6 of Luke and have him do the same thing all over again!

:shock:
I'll consider myself warned... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Thanks for clearing that up! :D