logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Attack(s) of Oppertunity?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:09 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Ok so this is probably the one concept I have trouble figuring out all the effects and abilities which can influence or alter an Attack of Oppertunity.

Problems I wish to address include:

Which of these abilities effect an
Attack of opportunity: A single, immediate attack against an adjacent enemy who moves.
If an enemy moves out of a square adjacent to a character, that character can make an
attack of opportunity against that enemy. Each character can only make one attack of opportunity once per turn. Attacks of opportunity do not use the targeting rules. A character can't use a special ability or
Force power that replaces attacks instead of an attack of opportunity.

Twin Attack :?:
Mighty Swing :?:
Momentum :?:
Jolt/Paralysis :?:
Djem So Style? If so does twin attack also apply to Djem :?:
Sith Rage Force 1: This character get +10 damage on all its attacks this turn.
Is an Attack of Oppertunity count as part of a turn :?:
turn: When a character is activated, it is that character's turn. Each character gets only one turn in a round.

All of the above is probably telling me the answers I just can't see it

Any help would be appreciated and WOO 1st Post~! :!: :mrgreen: :jawa:

Post subject: Re: Attack(s) of Oppertunity?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:38 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Welcome to to boards!

In general if an ability says 'on its turn' a character making an Attack of Opportunity (AoO) can't use them, since its not their turn!

So abilities like deadeye, mighty swing, etc won't come into effect.

for most of the other abilities, you just need to check the requirements of that ability:

Twin: are you making an attack? (yes) then twin attack is in effect and you get to make two attacks!
Momentum: did YOU move THIS turn (no[either you haven't moved yet, or you already moved!]) so doesn't com into play

Jolt/Paralysis: is an interesting question. Yes they are in effect, but 99% of the time, they are useless, since the character that you are attacking, is already activated. It is only useful if, say a character under the effect of Darth Revan's CE, moves before it has activated. In that case if you got a AoO and had Paralysis, you could activate the enemy character before the round has even begun!

Sith Rage: if you spend the Force point, you can use it, since all it says is 'this turn' not 'its turn'

AoOs do not happen on your turn. They happen on your opponent's turn. So they are not really part of a turn, they just kinda.. happen. :)

EDIT: Forgot to Mention Djem So

Djem So happens when YOU get attacked (hit by a melee attack). so if YOU make an AoO, then you're not getting hit by an attack.. thus no Djem So.

Twin attacks stacks with Djem.

If anything else pops up, check out our Archives (link in my Sig).

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, first of all welcome and congrats on your first post. You seem to have alot of questions regarding how this works. First, remember this is an optional activity. If you choose to take it, it then follows all the rules you have when making a normal attack. With that in mind if you look at the archives for the definition of the ability you have a question by then most of the answers will work themselves out. Here is the official glossary which you previously quoted.

attack of opportunity: A single, immediate attack against an adjacent enemy who moves.
If an enemy moves out of a square adjacent to a character, that character can make an
attack of opportunity against that enemy. Each character can only make one attack of opportunity once per turn. Attacks of opportunity do not use the targeting rules. A character can't use a special ability or
Force power that replaces attacks instead of an attack of opportunity.

Twin Attack :?: This would be normal. You make both attacks.

Mighty Swing :?: This is an offensive ability that happens on a characters turn so it is not applicable.

Momentum :?: See above

Jolt/Paralysis :?: See above with the exception that it has no affect since the character is already activated.

Djem So Style? If so does twin attack also apply to Djem :?:

Sith Rage Force 1: This character get +10 damage on all its attacks this turn. This does not replace attacks so, yes it is legal.

Is an Attack of Opportunity count as part of a turn :?: It is an immediate attack that happens when you meet the criteria established in the definition. It is part of the active characters turn if the criteria is met while moving.

Edit: I was Ruhked :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:14 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Quote:
Djem So happens when YOU get attacked (hit by a melee attack). so if YOU make an AoO, then you're not getting hit by an attack.. thus no Djem So.

So for example if you are moving along and you move past an enemy. It provokes an attack of oppertunity against you. :saber:
You have djem so and twin. You make the save and make two attacks. Would these attacks end your turn :?:
or can you keep moving :?:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

You get to make the attacks and keep on going. It does not end your turn.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Thank you very much for the clarifications!