logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Wondering about Force renewal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:17 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hey everyone, I have a question that's been on my mind for a while now. I've noticed that for Vader's Apprentice Unleashed, the number of force points required to use Force Lightning is 4, yet the number of available force points he has is Force 2, than it's followed up by Force Renewal 1. Can someone explain to me how that works? And how exactly I can use the renewal to get the amount of force points I need to be able to use either Force Lightning 4 or 5?

"Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian."
―Vergere, explaining galactic politics to the Yuuzhan Vong

Post subject: Re: Wondering about Force renewal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Everytime a character with Force Renewal activates it adds one force point to the available force points that can be spent.

Feel free to check out the Archives of the Gamers Jedi (click on the link in my sig)to find any definitions of all the available game terms. They really help explain a little more than what is on the actual card. :boba:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:42 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Force Renewal (FR) is pretty to easy to explain.

Each time that character activates, he gains 1 FP.

So with Vader's Apprentice, Unleashed (VAU), he starts with 2 force points. When he activates for the first time in the game he benefits from FR1, and thus gets 1 additional force point to use. This leaves him with 3 total. Now, providing that you don't use any during his turn, to move or re-roll, the next time he activates, he will gain 1 more force point. Now he has 4 FPs and can use Force Lightning 4 if he so desires. Or, don't spend any, and then next time he activates, he will have 5 FPs, and can use Force Lighnting 4, and have 1 FP left, or Use all his FPs to do Force Lightning 5.

There are a few things to be aware of. Sometimes VAU could be activated, or granted a turn, or an attack and he will NOT benefit from FR1.
For instance:
If he is affected by Stun/Jolt/Paralysis and is activated, then he DOES NOT benefit from FR1
If he is Dominated by Sly Moore, or the B'omarr Monk, then he gets a turn, but DOES NOT benefit from FR1.

More Info about Renewal can be found Here in the Archives.

{edit} beaten by the rules master!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Thanks everyone, that makes a lot more sense now.

"Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian."
―Vergere, explaining galactic politics to the Yuuzhan Vong