logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: some gungan questions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I think I know how these will go, but I want to make sure before I build my squad.

If a melee piece attacks Jar Jar and he makes the save he can redirect the attack to a Viper Droid and as long as the attacker isn't also adjacant to the droid the attack will work like he's a non adjacant non melee piece shooting at the droid?

If a melee piece with a lightsaber attacks Jar Jar and he makes the save and then redirects the attack to a non adjacant piece with damage reduction the piece will get to use its damage reduction?

In the above situation if there's a Gungan Shieldbearer next to the DR piece and the damage is bounced back will it be the amount of damage before or after DR is counted?

If the Gungan Shieldbearer is next to a Viper Droid anything that shoots at the Viper will have to make a shield save for both the Viper's MS and the Gungan's ES. It doesn't matter if they miss one save or both, once one is missed the damage is bounced and there's no longer any incoming damage for the second shield to reflect?

If I have multiple Shieldbearer's adjacant to the same piece will attackers have to make an ES save for each one? Same as above where once one save is failed they take the damage?

Post subject: Re: some gungan questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:20 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Quote:
If a melee piece attacks Jar Jar and he makes the save he can redirect the attack to a Viper Droid and as long as the attacker isn't also adjacent to the droid the attack will work like he's a non adjacant non melee piece shooting at the droid?

I believe the the redirection will make it so that it is considered to be a non adjacent attack, but still a melee attack.

Quote:
If a melee piece with a lightsaber attacks Jar Jar and he makes the save and then redirects the attack to a non adjacant piece with damage reduction the piece will get to use its damage reduction?

Yes, since the attacker no long fulfills the requirements to bypass DR (adjacent w/ lightsaber)

Quote:
In the above situation if there's a Gungan Shieldbearer next to the DR piece and the damage is bounced back will it be the amount of damage before or after DR is counted?

Before the DR.

Quote:
If the Gungan Shieldbearer is next to a Viper Droid anything that shoots at the Viper will have to make a shield save for both the Viper's MS and the Gungan's ES. It doesn't matter if they miss one save or both, once one is missed the damage is bounced and there's no longer any incoming damage for the second shield to reflect?

Correct, since they are different abilities, you get to use each one.

Quote:
If I have multiple Shieldbearer's adjacant to the same piece will attackers have to make an ES save for each one? Same as above where once one save is failed they take the damage?

Following the stacking rules you can only use 1 instance of the same ability, so there would only be one save.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: some gungan questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most of what you ask is answered in the KOTOR Mini-faq that NickName has up. I don't see it anywhere in the Archives so I will make a post as a sticky here in the rules forum.