logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Damage boosts to extra/twin attacks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Does anyone know if there is a compiled list of which damage boosting abilities affect twin/both (or more) attacks.

Example does deadeye + double give sev 60 damage or 50 total. Same question with final shot, opportunist, cunning, bloodthirsty, assassin, charging assualt, Sith rage, precision, djem Jo Style mastery, bravado, advantageous, deceptive, close range targeting computer, Darth Bandon's CE, lightsaber, sting-beam, blast cannon, hunter abilities, shaper, poison etc...

It was my understanding that these were all usuable with extra attacks/twin attack so the damage would be doubled in most cases, is this so? Or do some only provide bonuses once per a characters turn?

Post subject: Re: Damage boosts to extra/twin attacks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Simple answer: When someone is granted an extra attack (ie, Leia, OR Senator, etc), the bonus applies only to the first attack, and any attack from Twin Attack is made as normal. When the damage-boost comes from something that applies to "all attacks this turn" or something (Sith Rage, or Bastilla's ABM, or Opportunist, etc), then the bonuses apply to all the attacks.

Example:
Let's pretend that Atton Jaq Rand would somehow gain access to Twin Attack (BAD idea, but just pretend)...
+9 for 20 is his regular attack
+4/+10 for Assassin
+10 dmg for Bastilla's ABM

So he's shooting every attack vs living targets at +13 attack for 40dmg while ABM is active.

And then let's pretend that the OR Senator gives him an attack (with the +10 dmg bonus) via his CE. In that case, Atton's first attack would be +13 for 50, while the Twin would be at +13 for 40.

Make sense?

[And BTW, I sincerely hope that Atton NEVER has access to Twin Attack. :P]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:57 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

GeneralGrievous wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a compiled list of which damage boosting abilities affect twin/both (or more) attacks.

Example does deadeye + double give sev 60 damage or 50 total. Same question with final shot, opportunist, cunning, bloodthirsty, assassin, charging assualt, Sith rage, precision, djem Jo Style mastery, bravado, advantageous, deceptive, close range targeting computer, Darth Bandon's CE, lightsaber, sting-beam, blast cannon, hunter abilities, shaper, poison etc...

It was my understanding that these were all usuable with extra attacks/twin attack so the damage would be doubled in most cases, is this so? Or do some only provide bonuses once per a characters turn?

The key is in the wording. If it says it applies to just attacks, then it is all attacks. If it GRANTS an attack with a bonus, then the bonus only applies to the attack granted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thereisnotry wrote:
[And BTW, I sincerely hope that Atton NEVER has access to Twin Attack. :P]

LOL, I guess if I ever play ya won't pull out my 100 pt Audri Sampson epic I designed for a local event years ago.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!