logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Just unsure on a interaction between different speeds.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know if other factions have this same interaction.

If I have dash rs in a seps squad with nute gunray thus gaining speed 4 but also in the squad is the klatoonian cap'n thus gaining speed 8, which speed does he get. I know that if you have a speed lower than 6, you can't have it upgraded but I also know that if you have tactician -4, and tactician +4 that you get the highest. Just didn't know what takes precedence in the case of speed in a base squad when one doesn't work with the other.

If I had to guess I would say he gets speed 8 cause he had speed 6 to begin with thus being able to be granted speed 8, and is able to pick the highest granted speed adjustment, but I could also see the argument against that so just wanted clarification. Thanx.

Post subject: Re: Just unsure on a interaction between different speeds.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

He would get Speed 4 because it's a disability. Just like how if you had the Gonk in a squad with K-3PO, he gains Speed 8 but still has to abide by his disability of Speed 2 (4? can't remember) so he's forced to keep the worse of the two.

And I'm not sure about the Tactician -4 and Tactician +4. I'd think you would have add both and they would thus cancel each other.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The tactiction -4/+4 interaction is in the r&r/BoT mini FAQ.

I guess I just don't understand as to why you get the disability when it comes to speed but would get the higher bonus when it comes to tactiction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It boils down to what is considered a penalty vs a bonus. Penalties will always take precedent over bonuses. Tactician works just like Speed, any negative will be a penalty, and will take precedent. Which is why Tactician -4 overrides any other Tactician.

What you are referring to is if someone had the ability to gain access to Speed 8 and Speed 10. Speed 10 would take precedent, but there is only one situation where that becomes an issue currently in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:13 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ok, got it Thanx, the tactician -4/+4 in the FAQ is a little confusing at first look. That's why the the bonus to speed was throwing me off cause I was under the impression that tact +4 would override tact -4 after reading the FAQ so I figured it worked the same. It does, but was throwing me off.