logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just making sure (it's hard to remember since it's not printed on the card)

ABM gets cancelled if she takes damage or has to make a save, right? (Wasn't there a 3rd thing?)

So if she has a bodyguard, that takes care of the damage part, right? She can be attacked, but ABM keeps going strong if the bodyguard takes it?

Post subject: Re: Bastilla and Bodyguard
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
I'm going by memory also, but I believe that you're correct, if a Bodyguard takes the damage then ABM stays up. She can hold her concentration if someone else jumps in front if the bullet, lol.

And I'm pretty sure the third thing is if she makes an attack, so if you run past her she can make an AoO, but ABM ends.

Or spends a force point, which is a bit redundant on the characters that currently have a meditation ability, though it could come into play in future sets with zero-time force powers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

swinefeld wrote:
Echo wrote:

Or spends a force point, which is a bit redundant on the characters that currently have a meditation ability, though it could come into play in future sets with zero-time force powers.

What are the other FPs that are considered "meditation abilities"?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

swinefeld wrote:
Echo wrote:

Oh, and if it's spends a FP as opposed to makes an attack, then AoOs are good to go?

Kinda funny thinking about a Jedi in a heavy trance, swatting at passerbys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I referred to them as a "meditation" abilities because they are similar. I made up the term. :)

If they make an attack (AoO or otherwise), ABM/FM is cancelled.

My point was that anything that would have Bastila or Atris spending a force point (other than reactivating the power on their turn) would mean they were making an attack, save, or moving faster. In all cases, they aren't meditating anymore.

But, if a future character with ABM or whatever has Force Alter for example, that would cancel the active force ability per the definition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

swinefeld wrote:
I referred to them as a "meditation" abilities because they are similar. I made up the term. :)

If they make an attack (AoO or otherwise), ABM/FM is cancelled.

My point was that anything that would have Bastila or Atris spending a force point (other than reactivating the power on their turn) would mean they were making an attack, save, or moving faster. In all cases, they aren't meditating anymore.

But, if a future character with ABM or whatever has Force Alter for example, that would cancel the active force ability per the definition.

OK - so Atris' Force Meditation and Bastilla's Advanced Battle Meditation both fall into this category (regardless of the name). Why do I feel like there is a third?

So - the list that ends the ability is:
makes a save roll
damaged
attacks
spends a force point
end of round (Atris)
start of character's next turn (Bastilla)

Anything else?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think that's it, aside from immediately nerfing them when declared. (Force Defense/Absorb)

Technically speaking, Dark Force Spirit is a force ability, but it lasts the rest of the skirmish, and once active cannot be cancelled.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Sorry for digging this up, but just clarifying something.
If I'm playing Atris and handmaidens with force immune Thrawn against Bastilla. I get the last move and run a hand maiden around the bastilla squad. I get to go first and move far enough to shoot at Bastilla. If I hit her with the first shot, the meditation is cancelled at that point and I would receive my commander effect for the rest of the shots, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yes, assuming she is not bodyguarded. If she takes damage or has to make a save, then all the rest of the shots are juiced.

And your handmaiden still gets 4 shots either way (printed on the handmaidens card), but just doesn't get Atris's CE (or any other) until Bastilla's ABM gets turned off.

And this is all assuming the handmaiden is not within 6 of Grand Admiral Thrawn. If she is, then Force Immunity means she gets all her applicable CEs even while ABM is active.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yeah, I'm just going on the assumption that I'd need to send her out by herself. I don't see any way I could possibly do it from within Thrawn's force shield. She'd get her shots off and then the Bastilla player would destroy her to make sure she can't shoot again.