logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Force sense and the F@#%ing Vong
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:26 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

can you use force sense at start of round to eliminate stealth on vong? I already know I am not going to like the answer.

Post subject: Re: Force sense and the F@#%ing Vong
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:35 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

No, you cannot use Force Sense to affect Vong or characters with Force Immunity.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As a player who has played vong super stealth bombs a lot and had success with them, I can tell you there are enough counters to them without force sence. Look around a little bit and think outside the box, their there.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:22 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

lol so find a squad with its a traps lol 6 spaces and one shot its dead bye bye its a trap ROFLMFAO rather freakin just fofeit easier then playing for 2 hours against a 20 act vong squad

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

A Rodian Diplomat with It's A Trap is hard to kill, since it has diplomat.

I had all sorts of problems against a New Republic R2-PO squad with a mouse droid in front of him playing Nom Bombs. I couldn't spit poison the mouse droid, my shooters couldn't hit the mouse droid, it was like the most frustrating game I've ever played.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Tim Ballard had a lot of success against Vong using Treadwell Droids.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haywire wrote:
lol so find a squad with its a traps lol 6 spaces and one shot its dead bye bye its a trap ROFLMFAO rather freakin just fofeit easier then playing for 2 hours against a 20 act vong squad

A treadwell droid has 30 hp. It won't die in one hit even if the vong can hit them, and it's droid so you don't have to worry about spit poison.

But that's not thinking outside the box.

Ways to beat them:

Ig swarms - droid guns with 60 hp and a high defense.
Speed - yobuck or jareal runs right by them, taking AoO's cause they probably won't hit ( this method is harder against an experienced vong player).
Jar Jar - bombad gungan the spit poison or atk to another vong that won't hurt you.
Disruptive - R2po or the Hk -47 assassin droid
Momaw Nadon - war throat. Swap, levitatate, tow him in to the middle of a group and that group will fall fast
Rakgouls - move up and kill one vong bomb, your rak will take 20 damage but will still survive, and the dead vong bomb becomes another rakgoul to move up and take out another to continue making more and more rakgouls.

If you would rather give up, then fine, cause me or whoever else your playing will take the win. I shouldn't have to tell you the vong bomb counters, I was trying to encourage you to think a little on your own.

I just in 2 min listed a bunch of possible counters to your dreaded vong bombs and there are still more if you can find them.

After your last post, I don't expect you to even look for more counters, but then to bad, I've given you enough tools to allow you to beat vong bombs. Now it's just up to you to implement the destruction of the Vong.