logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Let the Bitching Begin 2011 Version (Yeah Floor Rules)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I started a new thread hoping to lead to getting rid of the confusion surrounding the differing names of maps. Mainly what they are called on the legal map list vs what name they are sold under.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10546

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 am 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Other than that, I think the changes are fine. I wish I'd been asked about Dynamic Duo since it was my creation but you guys can do what you want with it. I'm not really going to lose any sleep over it, I have bigger issues to deal with right now.

Actually you were asked about the changes I made to DYnamic Duo. it was over a year ago. Something happened where maybe someone did not notice my changes to boba bh. But the changes made were made with you being consulted it is just they are more than a year old./

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Other than that, I think the changes are fine. I wish I'd been asked about Dynamic Duo since it was my creation but you guys can do what you want with it. I'm not really going to lose any sleep over it, I have bigger issues to deal with right now.

Actually you were asked about the changes I made to DYnamic Duo. it was over a year ago. Something happened where maybe someone did not notice my changes to boba bh. But the changes made were made with you being consulted it is just they are more than a year old./

Oh yeah I had forgotten that. I think at the time there were some concerns about ignoring abilities and the decision was made to leave it in a conventional format. But I do remember us discussing it now that you mention it. My bad.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:20 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This is not so much a bitch so much as a suggestion. In the future update can we call maps the same as what they are sold as (ie Theed = Royal City Plaza). It will cause less confusion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:20 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

TimmerB123 wrote:
This is not so much a bitch so much as a suggestion. In the future update can we call maps the same as what they are sold as (ie Theed = Royal City Plaza). It will cause less confusion.

Umm Tim for like three years that map has been Theed..... I dont know what the hell else to call it.

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

dnemiller wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Umm Tim for like three years that map has been Theed..... I dont know what the hell else to call it.

On Matt's website it's referred to a Royal City Palace, as he can't legally sell it as Theed or use that name.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:29 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

On Matt's website it's referred to a Royal City Palace, as he can't legally sell it as Theed or use that name.

I get that but who in the last three years has called the map Royal City Palace????

We just called it theed.

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

I get that but who in the last three years has called the map Royal City Palace????

We just called it theed.

Frankly there's a large portion of the community who hasn't played on it until now. Many players only play on legal maps, and until now no custom map has been legal. So many players are just looking into these maps, and will want to buy them. The legal map list will open some people's eyes to these maps for the very first time. Then there are new players as well, who haven't known any of the maps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Agree. I've been around a while now, and got into the 3rd party maps kind of late. Missed out on MP1, got MP2 shortly before it was gone. Newer players and those just starting to look at these maps will know little to nothing about the early stuff, much less the names. Should stick with the official names as much as possible, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Lets fix this problem
The PDF that has all the map pictures thats on the main page will be updated once the new Vassal mod is updated. I will then make a new PDF of all the maps that are on the Restricted and standard list. I will then send the file to Dean so he can update the file thats on the main page.

So we will have pictures with the names that are on the floor rules coming soon.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The old document that had both both naming coversions on it with an image and gambit drawn on it is a perfect refrence tool that likely jsut needs to be updated to reflect the current maps, that tool was is invaluable to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Azavander wrote:
The old document that had both both naming coversions on it with an image and gambit drawn on it is a perfect refrence tool that likely jsut needs to be updated to reflect the current maps, that tool was is invaluable to me.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jonnyb815 wrote:
Lets fix this problem
The PDF that has all the map pictures thats on the main page will be updated once the new Vassal mod is updated. I will then make a new PDF of all the maps that are on the Restricted and standard list. I will then send the file to Dean so he can update the file thats on the main page.

So we will have pictures with the names that are on the floor rules coming soon.

Thanks.

Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:36 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
This would probably be more appropriate in the now locked thread discussion on maps, but as I'm not able to post in locked
threads like so many others, this thread will do as it has to do with the major floor rule update bitch.

I think it is important to note that even Rob did not have a good head for what made maps work for competive play. I remember that he couldn't understand why Korriban was so reviled and dismissed by the community at large.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

Oh come on Dean this is too easy. If we all bitch here then you have no threads to lock and random fights can't start on squad or trade threads lol. It looks good and I can't wait to teach them to my play group. Now that Ray is slacking off I have to do everything down here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

gunther wrote:
Now that Ray is slacking off I have to do everything down here.

Oh no you didn't!!!
You've done an awesome job of recruiting new players, now I just need to teach them how to play to win, not just have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 pm 

dvader831 wrote:
gunther wrote:
Now that Ray is slacking off I have to do everything down here.

Oh no you didn't!!!
You've done an awesome job of recruiting new players, now I just need to teach them how to play to win, not just have fun.

I think Dean would join me in laughing at that comment. Not saying I am any better than you but some of them give me and if I remember correctly you a run for your money.