logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Revan, DLOTS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I was told by my friend that I can only use master speed once even though he has motf 2. Thus, instead of being able to move 24 (what i thought) he can only move 20 (if u use a force point for two extra squares). Apparetnly u can only used a named force ability once per turn even if u have motf 2. Is this correct???

Post subject: Re: Revan, DLOTS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You can use Master Speed as many times a turn as you can spend force points, the issue is, you can only benefit from it once, since it doesn't stack. So, you can only benefit from Master Speed once, to get +6 to your movement.

This is covered under Stacking in the rulebook glossary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

dirrwj wrote:
Apparetnly u can only used a named force ability once per turn even if u have motf 2. Is this correct???

I'm almost afraid to correct you on this in case it confuses you. You can not use a named force power twice in the same action. So since Master Speed has to be declared prior to beginning your movement, you can't stack it. However, if you are attacked twice in a round you could Lightsaber Defense both of those attacks, but can not Lightsaber Defense the same attack twice, instead you would use that Force Point to reroll your failed Lightsaber Defense. Make sense?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Think of it this way. You have to declare all use of Force Powers for extra movement before you start any of your movement.

So, if you declare you're going to use Master Speed, then you can now move 6 extra spaces during your movement phase, in addition to your normal movement. Now, if you declare you want to use Master Speed a 2nd time, now you can move "6 extra squares during your turn." Either way you slice it, you're getting "6 extra squares" in addition to your normal movement. So that's how the stacking works.

This also has implications with things like characters that have Mobile Attack, in that you must declare ALL use of FPs to boost movement before you start ANY of your movement. For instance, you cannot move 3 squares, make an attack, and then decide whether to use a FP for extra movement to get out of trouble, or to re-roll the shot you just missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
This also has implications with things like characters that have Mobile Attack, in that you must declare ALL use of FPs to boost movement before you start ANY of your movement. For instance, you cannot move 3 squares, make an attack, and then decide whether to use a FP for extra movement to get out of trouble, or to re-roll the shot you just missed.

This is one rule that I have had to make at regionals before. So it does come up and somthing that everyone should be aware of.