logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: GVT 5.0: Rebel Storm Results!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Empirejeff beats Boba52. Empirejeff wins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

empirejeff wrote:
Empirejeff beats Boba52. Empirejeff wins.

Confirmed. This format sucks the big one. Way too many points for this garbage. Even if you know what all the guys do 20 activations per side on Vassal makes maybe 2 rds before time is up. Jeff had the way superior squad and still Vassal sides with him and I can't roll higher than a 5 or him lower than a 15. :x It was a massacre and I still had like 10 activations to go at the end. WAY BORING!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:39 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah Boba gave up. the score was 85 to 51.

It was a lot of fun. I love playing games with 0 door control. I also love playing 200 points of random stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

2 rounds in an hour?? Come on guys. It's not like these are brand new pieces that you've never played before. Plenty of people run 15+ activation armies at 200 points (see Droid squads right now, and Mouse Droid swarms now with IE) and there is no trouble getting a game COMPLETE in an hour. 2 rounds? You've got to be kidding me.

I don't know how Fool feels about his tournament, but I'd say "Go back, play the game as 'kill 'em all'. None of this 2 rounds in an hour garbage."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Fool wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
2 rounds in an hour?? Come on guys. It's not like these are brand new pieces that you've never played before. Plenty of people run 15+ activation armies at 200 points (see Droid squads right now, and Mouse Droid swarms now with IE) and there is no trouble getting a game COMPLETE in an hour. 2 rounds? You've got to be kidding me.

I don't know how Fool feels about his tournament, but I'd say "Go back, play the game as 'kill 'em all'. None of this 2 rounds in an hour garbage."

YEAH!!

KILL THEM ALL!!

:lsfight:

Yes they all will die. :stormtrooper:

We were not using a time limit. :boba:

I say play untill some reachers the 200 points. :jango:

This is not DCI! :jawa:

A time limit defeats the purpose of playing a game with out a time limit. :maul:

This is not dci. :jawa:

Their really is not a fair way of doing a time limit. :shock:

THIS IS NOT DCI. :jawa:

Yes take out all of those minis. :!: Fight untill you get to 200 points. :lsfight:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

LoboStele wrote:

Remember, their is this thing called saveing a game, if you really need to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:32 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Im with Jeff, its not fine to set a time limit cause we are forgetting the fun way of this tourneys, in DCI you sometimes get angry with time limit cause sometimes happen that "BAHHHH If only had 1 more activation I could have beaten him" and in GVT theres no need on that so you can play without a worries and if you need to go, you can save it :D

And I dont think is a bad way to play, on sealed clone wars GVT I Pulled a garbage squad just suported with Gree and still done a good game but lost, and dont remember who pulled a Yobuck, but thats the spirit and fun thing of sealed boosters, that you can win even with a bad squad :D and I know people that won against better squads :D

Well CYA AROUND BROS :jango:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Fool wrote:
****UPDATED*****

Okay, results from here on in. No Time Limits.

Jeff and Boba, if you are okay with your results post here to confirm.

We were not using a time limit, boba is just a quitter, because he quit.

We just used the same format as the other gvt and gvl. No time limit and used gambit of course.

Anyway you slice it, I won.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No way. Jeff beat me fair and square. It is my fault I guess for not knowing the rules. I thought these all used DCI floor rules. Why would I ever think we would use the new init rule, gambit, map roll, starting positions, but then no on the time limit? :roll:

It's all good and I am quite sure Jeff would have been thoroughly happy killing my peeps until 3 AM. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:40 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yodarulz wins vs Gurneywars
Something around 180ish to 80ish.

Like Boba52 said, my dice were rarely below 11. Gurney was like below 6 90% of the time :(.

I got stuck on the right side of Bespin. Gurney hid first round, while I showed myself. He kept on moving out, missing horribly... and I'd retalliate, most likely killing. A round or 2 of that, lead to moving into the lower room. This is when :boba: shined. He went all "purple rain" :). But the :Ewok: never showed it's face, only to surrender.

Good game Gurney, hope to see (and beat you in the finals :lol:) you soon.

ImageImage

"Slowly digesting the competition, one game at a time...belch"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Posting result from Chabs vs TINT game

Chabs win cause TINT concided, he really had bad luck on his rolls and Vader really was a bloodthirsty beast :twisted: lol rolled 4 or 5 crits :O

This time Lady Luck was with me and hope he is in the rest of the tourney lol

CYA ON TABLES GUYS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Chabelo Jedi Hunter wrote:
Posting result from Chabs vs TINT game

Chabs win cause TINT concided, he really had bad luck on his rolls and Vader really was a bloodthirsty beast :twisted: lol rolled 4 or 5 crits :O

This time Lady Luck was with me and hope he is in the rest of the tourney lol

CYA ON TABLES GUYS

Confirmed.

I couldn't roll above a 7 to save the galaxy.

I conceded when I had Tarkin, Rebel Officer, and Stormtrooper Officer left, vs 178 pts in his squad.

GG, Chabs, best of luck in the rest of the tourney to you. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Fool wrote:
***Updated****

Tint -vs- Boba52 in Elimination Round

Chabs -vs- jeff in semis

Yeah I know. We were this close to playing right after chab got done with his match. That would have been back to back rebal storm matches. but we got booted and chab never came back. I was not on yesterday, so I not sure if chab even came on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:03 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

empirejeff wrote:
Fool wrote:
***Updated****

Chabs -vs- jeff in semis

Yeah I know. We were this close to playing right after chab got done with his match. That would have been back to back rebal storm matches. but we got booted and chab never came back. I was not on yesterday, so I not sure if chab even came on.

Dont worry bro :D we can play it tonight (Owl Team Hour lol) so hope to cya there Comrade :jango:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Chabelo Jedi Hunter wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
Fool wrote:
***Updated****

Chabs -vs- jeff in semis

Dont worry bro :D we can play it tonight (Owl Team Hour lol) so hope to cya there Comrade :jango:

Good1. :!:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:24 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Posting Result from the game Chabs vs Jeff.

Chabs wins.

Was a good game, but I almost won all inits and rolled cool, and Jeff had not so nice rolls (Lady Luck is still pleased with me lol) and the one that gave me the game was chewbaca, who really unleashed his wockie fury :twisted: and brought down a lot of guys before get blasted :D

Great and fun game as always bro :D

Cya around guys :jango:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:13 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Kast Iron vs Darth Fett - Kast wins.

An epic game spanning over six hours, several meals, two vassal crashes and a power cut, our teams traded shots until I managed to finally overwhelm Darth Fett's defenses with a lucky charge from Obi-wan who managed to lightsaber sweep both the commanders and kill his speeder bike with a crit while Chewie assaulted the Aqualish Assassins.

Thanks for the great game Darth Fett, it was a really tough match-up for you, having no high cost beats. We'll definitely have to play again sometime - best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:27 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Great game Kast Iron! Here's proof that SWM is still fun even with a hangover, lack of sleep, and no food!!! Yeah, had all kinds of interruptions but made it through to bittersweet end. Musta been good fun 'cuz I didnt even think to grab breakfast until after lunchtime! He made no mistakes and the obi/wookie meatshields were too much for my St's and squidheads- a challenging & fun match. Kast Iron persevered and wore me down, utterly destroying me to the last man. He deserves the win 100%! Ill look forward to our next match...hopefully with less activations;) Good luck in rest of tournie!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:44 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Quote:
<Kast Iron> - This game was brought to you today by the numbers 2 and 7....

Well, this match too a long time to get setup, but it was worth it! :D

I lost map roll, so we played on Kast Iron's map of the Death Star.
I got the right side, and setup as symmetrical as possible just for the fun of it. Kast then setup most of his troops at the bottom, with the "heroes" at the top.
A call and a few minutes later, I send my semi-heavy hitters up to the Tractor Beam pit, for "hero" control and long-range sniping at Kast's Troops that were assembling in the corridor at the bottom near the maintenance station. Kast got the first blood. I retaliated by killing 3 7 point guys consecutively. Few details later, and we're in Round 2 in at the end of Hour 1.

My pieces have been keeping the medical/maintenance door open, and usually dying. Iggy and the Heavy 2 (which only moved out of it's first round placement very near the end) layed down most of the damage, with my elites picking off the rest. Of course, Kast wasn't just standing there... at the end of round 2, he charged up Chewie and Obi to within 6 of most of my scrubs. I won init, chucked an awesome grenade at 2 stormtroopers, Mara, the Terminator, Stormie Commander, and someother stuff (i think); only the Commander made his save. Chewie then clobbered my Heavy and Bodygaurd (opening the door) and blocked my shots at the lowerleft corridor. At the end of the previous round, I had moved Boba 1 too far up (for fear of Chewie basing) and got crit-cunning'd by Mara. A lot of shots later, Boba was down to 20 HP. No cover can do that to you... Boba stayed to take his punishment, dealing the needed 20 more damage to kill Obi-Wan. Iggy finished Obi off with a hit-crit. I also had my wookiee at teh top, basing a Scot Trooper, killing him.

Round 4 or somesuch, Mara with 11 FP and 20 HP was temped to BB a few of my pieces along with Boba. Kast decided againt that. *roll* 1. FPRR 2. FPRRR 19. Mara was just too high defensed for me to hit, so she lived a while. Chewie Momentum-Critted my Iggy, leading to *eye twitch*. Iggy hurt the walking carpet, and the rest of my troops missed him. The Snowtrooper was a pain, not dying and bringing death to all who opposed him. And with the Imperial Officer helping, he missed twice as much [lol]. The Terminator only got hit once for 10 HP so far, after a ton of shots being fired his way. I had my wookiee in gambit absorbing a ton of shots in return, with his epicly high 12 Defense (16 in cover though).

Hour 3 or so, Most of our peices were dead, except for Iggy, Heavy Stormtrooper, Squidface, Elite Hoth Trooper, and something else. Kast had the Terminator, Imp Officer, Snowtrooper, that Stormtrooper with the CE, and something else. My hEavy continued to bring the pain. My wookiee played doorman after the Imperial Officer died to the Elite Hoth (i think).

So the score's like 180-160 for me, only needing to terminate the Terminator, and Kast needing a to produce a lot of damage. Iggy got pinged by a +20 attack from the Terminator though. Kast needed to Kill something quickly, or i'd win on gambit, so he came out of his hiding spot (far away, in cover, but in LOS) after like 2 rounds of straight failures on my part. I get all my pieces to CF with the Heavy who moved for the 2nd time. Hit to bring the Terminator down 1/2 his HP. The death Machine came out of cover killing the Heavy*. My squidface couldn't hit nothin when it came to droids. the Elite Hoth though Shined, hitting once. Then based by the Terminatior...

I won init and hit for the win. *=I won on gambit at this point
The final score was 203-180. I won, just barely though. A lot of the attacks (that missed) were 2s and 7s. Thus Kast Iron's Quote :D.
MVNU for me was definitely the Quarren. MVU Iggy. He absorbed 3 crits, and killed a lot.
Well, an epic game of memorable numbers. Great fun. Hope we can play again... sometime... lol

Oh, and here's the dice printout
--Kast Iron--
Average: 10.61
Total: 69
Number >= 11: 36 (52%)
Number < 11: 33 (47%)
1s: 1
20s: 5

--Yodarulz (No JA)--
Average: 9.71
Total: 69
Number >= 11: 28 (40%)
Number < 11: 41 (59%)
1s: 4
20s: 4

Wish it could count 2s...

ImageImage

"Slowly digesting the competition, one game at a time...belch"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

yodarulz wrote:
Quote:
<Kast Iron> - This game was brought to you today by the numbers 2 and 7....

Well, an epic game of memorable numbers. Great fun. Hope we can play again... sometime... lol

Confirmed - a great game, and surprisingly close too! The definite deciding factor was my poor deployment and advance compared to your excellent positioning and use of cover (with the exception of poor old Boba, killing him quickly was the only thing that kept me going so long!)

And lol at 4-LOM as the Terminator - that was great, the last mini on my side, and he just suddenly started striding unscathed through all fire aimed at him, gradually whittling down the enemy! Sadly, with gambit looming, he just couldn't kill everyone fast enough... :lol:

Thanks for the brilliant game yodarulz, it was great fun - best of luck in the rest of the tourney! And thanks for putting up with the long phone interruption and rule errors on my part! :oops:

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0