logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: GVT 4.0: Clone Wars Results Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:25 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

empire beats chab

empire wins.

FUn game.

it would seem chab did not know you can mix fractions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:04 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry beats yodarulz

My Yobuck vs his high-activation squad just wasn't fair. I guess that's what you get in sealed. I can't wait to come up vs Anakin CoN. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:19 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Oh man, is nobody else playing their games? :roll: I really hope we can finish this tournament before Imperial Entanglements.... :r2line:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, Boba52 defeated Darth Fett in one of the weirdest games ever.

We both had Death Star. He won map and I set up right. This was a horrible matchup for me going in (well let's be honest all matchups will be bad for me :wink: but like they say, that is why you play the games) he had Double attacking high D clones with Cloaked Aayla. My only chance at winning (so I thought) was to use my carpets to get some cunning shots and take down his activations early so I could swarm Aayla only needing 17's to hit :roll: ! I set up and took my shots early and often. The first 3 rds he won every init (yep no cunning :() and rolled teens or higher and I couldn't roll above 5. It was a massacre. When the dust had settled I had a 10hp Soldier of Fortune, 2 wooks, and Barris against his whole squad. He took over gambit and I retreated to the security section. I had an unactivated wook next to Barris and he took the oppurtunity (with game well in hand) to move Aayla into the room with a FP to take out the wook with cunning. This left him open to Barris who missed and then missed with the FPRR and then on the double...CRIT! Finally something good. Then I finally win my first init of the game. First attack...CRIT! :shock: Wow 80 damage just like that. I then missed and was able to finish her of with yet another FPRR'ed attack. Just like that the massive beating swung in a matter of seconds and Barris took zero damage. I was then able to dispatch the remainder without any trouble becuause now I was rolling teens or higher and he was rolling the 2's and 3's. Ah Vassal, she is such a...mean spirited @@@@@!

This was my first time playing Darth Fett and he was great and deserved a much better fate. Hope to see you in the GVL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:15 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Kast Iron vs Raylinthegreat (bracket Game 1) - Kast wins.

A very fun game - with Anakin, Champion of Nelvaan against General Grievous, Droid Army Commander, it was quite a tough match-up for Raylin, but he scored first blood and quickly whittled down my Anakin from afar with his blaster and clone support.

When Anakin finally caught up to Grievous, we thought the jig was up - until Anakin epically failed Djems So attack after attack, allowing Grievous to finally take him out (albeit with only 10hps remaining for Grievous!)

The game then came down to a shoot-out between Grievous and my two surviving clones, with the clones finally getting a lucky hit in for the win.

Thanks for the great game Raylin, it was a blast!

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Game 5: Kast Iron vs thereisnotry
thereisnotry wins

Yoda on Kybuck is excellent in sealed events, but his nemesis is Anakin CoN, whom Kast Iron had in his squad.

We both had Muunilist for our maps, and so I "won" the side roll when Kast won the map roll. I started on the left and Kast started on the right. He moved 4 of his pieces into gambit in the first turn, I was able to snipe 20dmg onto his Elite Clone Commander, and I ended the round with Yobuck running 24 squares and killing 3 of his troops and attacking Ani. I won the next init, so I attacked Ani who hit me again with Djem So, then I gave up an AoO and galloped Ani, who made his Djem So save but missed both attacks (Yobuck at 60 hp, Ani at 50 or so), then I galloped away, killing the Commander in the process. Ani gave pursuit but couldn't reach Yoda. I won init yet again, and so I retreated Yoda back behind my other troops, who pummelled Ani when he gave chase. When I won the next init the game was over.

It made all the difference that I was able to knock out 4 of his Kast's pieces within the first 2 rounds of the match, and somehow survive Anakin's wrath. Good game, Kast! Always a pleasure to play with you. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:32 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

thereisnotry wrote:
Game 5: Kast Iron vs thereisnotry
thereisnotry wins

Yoda on Kybuck is excellent in sealed events, but his nemesis is Anakin CoN, whom Kast Iron had in his squad.

We both had Muunilist for our maps, and so I "won" the side roll when Kast won the map roll. I started on the left and Kast started on the right. He moved 4 of his pieces into gambit in the first turn, I was able to snipe 20dmg onto his Elite Clone Commander, and I ended the round with Yobuck running 24 squares and killing 3 of his troops and attacking Ani. I won the next init, so I attacked Ani who hit me again with Djem So, then I gave up an AoO and galloped Ani, who made his Djem So save but missed both attacks (Yobuck at 60 hp, Ani at 50 or so), then I galloped away, killing the Commander in the process. Ani gave pursuit but couldn't reach Yoda. I won init yet again, and so I retreated Yoda back behind my other troops, who pummelled Ani when he gave chase. When I won the next init the game was over.

It made all the difference that I was able to knock out 4 of his Kast's pieces within the first 2 rounds of the match, and somehow survive Anakin's wrath. Good game, Kast! Always a pleasure to play with you. :)

Confirmed - I was hoping Anakin would scare off Yobuck's approach for a few turns, but alas it was not to be. It's never a good sign when over half your squad is killed in the first 10 minutes of play...

Thanks for the great game TINT - best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boba defeats Jeff

Was a very close and hard fought game. Jeff took gambit with the Cham and I moved Barris in. This left me based to the Cham and the magnaguard, but they couldn't hit. Jeff ran the Cham out of there which left the magnaguard to his doom. Barris took a crit from the cham and the grub, but deflected both. :shock: She also squeeked one more deflect in there before taking a crit from the grub and running away to heal. The end setup was my 2 carpets and Barris against Cham, Grub, and IG86. He setup to negate stealth on the wooks while Barris was healing and rolled 2 4's and a 5 I think. That let the wooks take out the Cham and Barris to finish the grub and have me win on points. GG Jeff.

I have no idea how this squad keeps winning, but am confident TINT will fix that. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:19 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Boba52 wrote:
Boba defeats Jeff

Was a very close and hard fought game. Jeff took gambit with the Cham and I moved Barris in. This left me based to the Cham and the magnaguard, but they couldn't hit. Jeff ran the Cham out of there which left the magnaguard to his doom. Barris took a crit from the cham and the grub, but deflected both. :shock: She also squeeked one more deflect in there before taking a crit from the grub and running away to heal. The end setup was my 2 carpets and Barris against Cham, Grub, and IG86. He setup to negate stealth on the wooks while Barris was healing and rolled 2 4's and a 5 I think. That let the wooks take out the Cham and Barris to finish the grub and have me win on points. GG Jeff.

I have no idea how this squad keeps winning, but am confident TINT will fix that. :P

It might have something to do with those wookies surriving. And my blaster broke halfway hrough the batte.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Final Match

thereisnotry defeats Boba52

This match was lopsided, and there really wasn't much that Boba52 could've done differently. He won map so we played on the Death Star. I started on the left. Boba opened the 2nd round with a Mercenary crit on my Aqualish Warrior, killing it right off the bat. I responded by shooting his Mercenary twice (thank you, Sid, for the fprr's), and Yobuck charged to take out his ARC Sniper. I won the init after that and galloped 3 of his remaining 4 pieces, hiding Yobuck safely away in the Security Room. Then I won the next init too, and killed one of his wookiees; this left Boba with Bariss and one Wookiee vs my whole squad (minus the useless Aqualish), and it ended quickly from there. Boba made no mistakes that I saw...his squad just couldn't handle the range or massive hp of Yobuck. To his credit, Boba did drop Yobuck all the way down to 60hp left, with Yobuck succeeding on 2 blocks.

Well played, Boba52! Thanks for the game.

Oh, by the way, we played this game on Vassal with Skype chat, and it was awesome. I'll definitely be looking for more Skype-Vassal games in the future...it saves SO much typing, and it adds a whole other dimension to the game, which is usually hard to get on Vassal: person-to-person interaction.

This was a very fun tournament, so I want to thank Fool for organizing and running it, and each of my opponents for the enjoyable games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Confirmed. Well I went into the match thinking I was going to be utterly destroyed and well that is what happened. When Yoda galloped he needed not a 1 vs my entire squad and auto damage on that much hps is a tough deal. GG TINT you are a worthy champion! I always have a great time playing TINT regardless of the outcome and this being my first time using Skype was amazing. It really added an aspect of us just playing together at a table. I definately look forward to trying it again. Thanks Fool for having these tourneys (even thought they sometimes take way to long to finish) I look forward to next one. :saber:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]