logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: Legacy Release Tourney Results!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

empirejeff beat voroke
150+ to 74

pretty much won

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:17 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

empirejeff wrote:
empirejeff beat voroke
150+ to 74

pretty much won

Well, the exact score was 157 - 84, but it still counts as a win for empirejeff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boba52 defeats Kast Iron 154-18 on Sith Hanger Map.

Game was alot closer than the score reflects. 1st rd we moved towards the center. I had 7 and Kast had 5 activations so I knew I would wait to see his move before deciding what to do with Boba. He put Caedus, Vong JH, and Canderous adjacent to each other so I moved Boba to a spot where if I won init I could missles the Vong. 2nd round I win init 7-4 and move Boba in to position. He responds by rolling 16-15-13. Crap. Now I am naked and he uses a FP to base Boba with Caedus. Now the battle is set the rest of the pieces jockey for position. with the last piece me moving my Kel Dor in Gambit within 4 of Canderous. 3rd round Kast wins init 8-7 which sucks cause even if I won I knew he was going to flow walk. On the flow walk Caedus doubles with a 8-2 and on his turn with raged 9-4, so I escape Caedus only taking 50. :) Next act he wants to triple me with Ordo only to realize the Kel-Dor is closer(this vexes him deeply), so he decides to Thud Boba with the Vong and I roll 11. :) I then move Boba out of there to take my cunning on Ordo needing not a 1 and roll 2-1. :roll: I then base Ordo with my Kel-Dor. He takes out Kel-Dor and on the 3rd attack against Boba he misses by 1. Next init we tie on 7's and I win 12-9. I decide I need to take out Ordo and double on him with Boba 4-1. :( Now that Plan A is in the crapper I gamble everything on the Mando Trooper being able to roll a 5 to end Ordo and get it. Kast next LA with Caedus on Boba and he is down to 30. He then bases my glob with his Kel-Dor and his 30hp Vong is there as well. I make him blow up and now he just has Caedus against my whole squad minus the Kel-Dor. Next rd I win the final init 9-7 (these where very close) and finish off Caedus. GG Kast and look foward to seeing you in the GVL!

After everything I don't know if I would have won without the Trooper having accurate from Boba. That really enabled me to end Ordo and if he would have been able to hit Boba just once he would have died and I don't know if my guys could have survived the rest. GG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Boba52 wrote:
Boba52 defeats Kast Iron 154-18 on Sith Hanger Map.

Game was alot closer than the score reflects. 1st rd we moved towards the center. I had 7 and Kast had 5 activations so I knew I would wait to see his move before deciding what to do with Boba. He put Caedus, Vong JH, and Canderous adjacent to each other so I moved Boba to a spot where if I won init I could missles the Vong. 2nd round I win init 7-4 and move Boba in to position. He responds by rolling 16-15-13. Crap. Now I am naked and he uses a FP to base Boba with Caedus. Now the battle is set the rest of the pieces jockey for position. with the last piece me moving my Kel Dor in Gambit within 4 of Canderous. 3rd round Kast wins init 8-7 which sucks cause even if I won I knew he was going to flow walk. On the flow walk Caedus doubles with a 8-2 and on his turn with raged 9-4, so I escape Caedus only taking 50. :) Next act he wants to triple me with Ordo only to realize the Kel-Dor is closer(this vexes him deeply), so he decides to Thud Boba with the Vong and I roll 11. :) I then move Boba out of there to take my cunning on Ordo needing not a 1 and roll 2-1. :roll: I then base Ordo with my Kel-Dor. He takes out Kel-Dor and on the 3rd attack against Boba he misses by 1. Next init we tie on 7's and I win 12-9. I decide I need to take out Ordo and double on him with Boba 4-1. :( Now that Plan A is in the crapper I gamble everything on the Mando Trooper being able to roll a 5 to end Ordo and get it. Kast next LA with Caedus on Boba and he is down to 30. He then bases my glob with his Kel-Dor and his 30hp Vong is there as well. I make him blow up and now he just has Caedus against my whole squad minus the Kel-Dor. Next rd I win the final init 9-7 (these where very close) and finish off Caedus. GG Kast and look foward to seeing you in the GVL!

After everything I don't know if I would have won without the Trooper having accurate from Boba. That really enabled me to end Ordo and if he would have been able to hit Boba just once he would have died and I don't know if my guys could have survived the rest. GG

Confirmed - thanks for the great game Boba52! I blame Caedus and that Keldor entirely, of course... :lol:

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:34 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Vroke beats Kast Iron 174-55 on Muunilist (Vroke's Map)

I got REALLY lucky during this game. I think I scored 5 or 6 critical hits on Kast Iron. Also, winning every initiative kind of helped things on my end.

Good Game Kast Iron - we'll have a rematch sometime.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:37 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Vroke wrote:
Vroke beats Kast Iron 174-55 on Muunilist (Vroke's Map)

I got REALLY lucky during this game. I think I scored 5 or 6 critical hits on Kast Iron. Also, winning every initiative kind of helped things on my end.

Good Game Kast Iron - we'll have a rematch sometime.

Confirmed - it sucks to be me! Vroke played excellently though, and exploited some early errors on my part to take down Caedus quickly. Thanks for the great game Vroke, best of luck in the rest of the league!

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

empirejeff beats boba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Confirmed. GG Jeff. I just couldn't keep up with the door games :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boba52 defeats Vroke 150-80 (no gambit for me :lol: )

Half his squad had stealth with Nyna and he had override and door gimick so it took awhile to get to him. The turning point came when he had his squad ready to pounce and he rolled a 7 and 14 for init with recon and I rolled a <20>. That let me move in Kel-Dor for the big BOOM and took out 3 scrubs. Then Boba was able to take out an activated Nyna. I win the next init to finish. Vroke had some bad rolls and only won init a couple of times with recon, but not the ones that mattered. Good game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Confirmed. Very good game!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boba52 defeats EmpireJeff 152-43 on Theed

I won map and Jeff took right side. I wasn't happy about gimmick and override even on my map. I figured he would open right side door and then close my middle door and make me go around or open it when it benefited him. He overode the door open. I win next init and take out ERC with Boba. He moves Han up to take 2 cunning on my Vong and misses both. That was really game right there. I rolled a bunch of 2's to keep Draco alive for awhile but I won the rest of the critical inits and in the end it was Han and a recruit against a Full Boba 4 of my guys. GG Jeff.

PS Jeff also seemed to be having some connectivity issues so I don't know how much of that affected his game.

Sweet now I only have to beat Fool twice. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Boba52 wrote:
Boba52 defeats EmpireJeff 152-43 on Theed

I won map and Jeff took right side. I wasn't happy about gimmick and override even on my map. I figured he would open right side door and then close my middle door and make me go around or open it when it benefited him. He overode the door open. I win next init and take out ERC with Boba. He moves Han up to take 2 cunning on my Vong and misses both. That was really game right there. I rolled a bunch of 2's to keep Draco alive for awhile but I won the rest of the critical inits and in the end it was Han and a recruit against a Full Boba 4 of my guys. GG Jeff.

PS Jeff also seemed to be having some connectivity issues so I don't know how much of that affected his game.

Sweet now I only have to beat Fool twice. :lol:

gg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well I squeeked by Fool 2 games to zero to take the title.

We both had Theed map so first game I had left. Set up so that I would gain gambit until I forced him to come in the room and do something about it and I used Boba to sweeten the deal. He wins init and uses Deliah to get Boba down to 90. We continue to jockey around, but the problem is he has Fel and Bodyguard and I have missles. I am able to hit Fel with the missles and everyone misses the save. That is enough for my extra activations to put some hurtin on and it is over. It goes on longer than expected cause he wins every init and Fel Cortosis my Noghri, but in the end it is not enough.

Fool is undefeated and this is a double elimination tourney, so I have to fight him again. This time he takes left and I decide to send half my squad to the top and the rest to the middle since he will only have 1 way to get in the gambit room. 2nd round sets up where he is baiting me to move boba up and missles Fel surrounded by deliah and imp knight. I wait knowing Fel can move 8 and hit me if I do it. The end of the round I can't wait any longer (Anakin Syndrome) and move Boba and fire the missles. He smacks me with Fel and now it is all up to Vassal to determine init and the champion. Fool rolls a 20 and I crap myself. I then roll <20> wow. Reroll me 8 Fool...3. Fel goes down with a thud since no one to bodyguard made the trip with him. He concedes, but we decide to play it out for giggles. Boba takes some damage, but it is over again when he sends in the knight in the same place Fel was.

GG Fool. I know this was a tough matchup for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]