logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New and confused...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:49 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I'm new and very confused as to the nature of the this website (relative to other websites) and associated fan support. My sons and I had the good fortune to make it to GenCon 2013. On a whim I checked out the miniatures portion of the gaming halls and I encountered Star Wars Miniatures. It was a pleasant surprise as I thought the game was mostly dead. More delightful still was meeting Eric Larson. Neither of us had much time to talk, but I learned that he printed cards of alternate stats for the minis - V-Sets, correct? Anyway, I ended up walking away with a bunch of v-set cards. Present day, I still have a questions about the SW Miniatures community and these awesome v-set cards:

What is the nature of this website? http://www.swmgamers.com/news.php I could be unaware or just outright dense, but I cannot make heads or tails of it. I found this forum tucked away inside (I don't even remember how I got to the forum.) It seems that the website is not current and signing up for it did not seem to produce any results. Am I missing something?

The V-sets: As I mentioned above, I have a bunch of V-set cards, but I'm not sure which sets or groups that I have, which is to say, I do not understand the symbols/numbering. The first set that Eric handed me had 10 cards with a icon of a head of a battle droid and the balance of the cards in that stack have a "blaster" symbol. So, are there comprehensive lists posted anywhere of the card contents of each of the v-sets?

Thanks ahead of time for patience with the noob!

- Vince

Post subject: Re: New and confused...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Welcome! :)

This website consists mainly of forums, and is the headquarters for development of the V-sets. (most of that happens in private forums) You are correct that a lot of information on the front page is dated.

I recommend that you also visit http://www.bloomilk.com. The site has an extensive database of all the miniatures (both Wizards of the Coast and the V-sets), an online squad building tool, collection tracker and a lot more. You'll need to create an account to post in the forums. That will also enable you to use some of the other features. (You can view most of the content without an account)

The forums on Bloomilk are very active, so between the site itself and the forums, you should be able to get answers to pretty much any questions you may have.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:28 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Welcome to the community

As Swinefeld pointed out, there is much more activity over on bloomilk.com, but feel free to ask any question and we will certainly try and help you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:23 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Thank you for the responses! I've created an account there and I'll research/ask anew from that website.