logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New terrain cards; special offer through October!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 pm 
General
General

Hey folks: It occurs to me that some of you might not be following the d20radio.com podcasts or otherwise haven't heard about their sponsorship deal. Here's what its about:

I've created a Star Wars miniatures-compatible terrain tile set specifically for d20radio.com, and every month they will be sending PDFs of these map cards to supporters who sign up for their partnership program. (It's a subscription-style thing to help them pay for the expenses of running the network: server fees, bandwidth, and licensing fees to let them legally use music clips, etc, in their podcasts.)

The terrain tiles are a special reward for those who contribute. Unlike my previous terrain tile sets, though, these are specifically designed to create a larger complete battle map when combined at the end of the year, and they can be rearranged in a number ways. The first set makes a surveillances station/listening post. Taking it a step further, though I've designed two variants of the map: an aquatic base, and an orbital base, and each month, subscribers get both variations.

Until the end of October, though, charter subscribers will get the first three tiles, with an EXTRA variant, as a bonus reward. (nine 5x8 map tiles) Two more follow every months---and I just realized I'm starting to sound like an infomercial. Gah.

I'll stop now. Long story short: New original map tiles. Special offer till October. If you want to support my friends at the d20 Radio network and get some of my finest sci-fi work, check it out:

https://sites.google.com/site/d20radiotest/home/support

Post subject: Re: New terrain cards; special offer through October!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 pm 
General
General

By the way, the October pieces detail an illuminated landing platform in two halves, and a boarding gantry connected to a new submersible shuttle. Each of the three is presented in two variations over water, and one over a starfield.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very cool! What's the cost for supporting the show?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 pm 
General
General

Their partner program is $6.95 a month.

You get the map tiles I mentioned, a special title and color designation on their forums, and occasional other goodies, such as Sterling Hershey's Saga stats. (For example, he has made RPG stats for every vehicle that has appeared in any of my Maps of Mastery maps and tile sets--even the shuttle from my newest tiles; that one is available exclusively to the d20 radio partners.) GM Chris and GM Dave may have other rewards planned as well. Last year each sponsor got sparkly purple d20 Radio dice. Not sure what they have up their sleeves this year.

Whenever possible, I'm going to provide them with extra tiles--variants on the main tiles that make up the surveillance base. Next year I'll be doing another 12-tile set in the same manner (one for each month, plus bonus variations of each) that build another map. Possibly a new starship.