logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: WotC Thread deleted for linking to this site
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:27 am 
General
General

My new trade thread at WotC (which was a link to my trade thread here) was deleted by WizO_Kayn because I "linked to a commercial site." Here is the PM discussion:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your trade thread has been removed. Linking to other commercial site isnt allowed.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here.

Thanks
WizO Kayn

I don't understand, I just linked to another absolutely free forum.

You can repost your trade list, but dont link to an outside site like that. Just list your pieces for sale or trade as normal.

Thanks
WizO Kayn

OK! Unfortunately though it's awfully cumbersome to maintain multiple trade lists and keep them in sync. So I'll just put the link in my sig like WizO_the Hutt does to sell discounted product on his own commercial website as per the revised advertising rules found HERE. That's OK, right? Also, would it help you guys find similar violations if I reported each of the threads that link to VASSAL, Kidzworld, The Holocron, Maxminis, or any of the venues advertising their release tournaments? Because I could do that for you: anything to help out!

I think this is absurd!

Last edited by Menoths Fire on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: WotC Thread delted for linking to this site
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:29 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Menoth's Fire wrote:
I think this is absurd!

I agree.

yet another reason I don't post on WOTC.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:35 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have seen a lot of threads that point to Maxminis, etc. I am not sure why they chose yours to delete.

Maybe they just don't like you. :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:38 am 
General
General

ChonChuuk wrote:
I have seen a lot of threads that point to Maxminis, etc. I am not sure why they chose yours to delete.

Maybe they just don't like you. :P :D

Well since Kayn isn't one of the listed Mods, I assume I was reported. My Thread was pretty much a link to this site, but I'm not going to waste my time posting whole lists there when the last one got locked because I carelessly bumped within 48 hours (45.5 hrs to be exact).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:41 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Just put the link to your trade thread on this site in your WotC forum signature instead. That's allowed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:43 am 
General
General

barzillai wrote:
Just put the link to your trade thread on this site in your WotC forum signature instead. That's allowed...

Isn't that what I told her I'd do, as quoted above?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:29 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I can understand your frustration but you should think of this as a compliment to this forum ..... I suspect it'll only get worse and that's a good thing ....

4shared.com

or courtesy of JasonAlaska

scaredscriptless

or

send me an email and I'll send you the latest...

chuck_monarch@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:06 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Was your post nothing more than a link to this site?

I can kinda see why they'd crack down on that (not that this is a commercial site, and they certainly aren't consistant about it at all but if the entire content of a post is just "go here instead" it isn't really adding anything to the WotC board. I can see why it's enforced, but the inconsistancy of enforcement there is what's annoying. What WizO do we have today? OK, I can get away with X and Y but not Z.)

Why not maintain your list on the WotC board and put a link here where it's perfectly fine? Why not maintain your list in a DOC on your system which is easy to cut/paste into both places in 30 seconds?

Seems pretty easy to work around the situation (even though granted it shouldn't really be necessary and likely won't be once Kayn rotates out.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:50 am 
General
General

NickName wrote:
Was your post nothing more than a link to this site?

I can kinda see why they'd crack down on that (not that this is a commercial site, and they certainly aren't consistant about it at all but if the entire content of a post is just "go here instead" it isn't really adding anything to the WotC board. I can see why it's enforced, but the inconsistancy of enforcement there is what's annoying. What WizO do we have today? OK, I can get away with X and Y but not Z.)

Why not maintain your list on the WotC board and put a link here where it's perfectly fine? Why not maintain your list in a DOC on your system which is easy to cut/paste into both places in 30 seconds?

Seems pretty easy to work around the situation (even though granted it shouldn't really be necessary and likely won't be once Kayn rotates out.)

Like I mentioned: my last thread was shut down because I bumped it 2.5 hrs too soon. That's not the kind of moderating under which I'd prefer to maintain my list. The list is actually kept on SWM Trader anyway, so even if I didn't link it to here it'd be a link there. WotC does not provide a collection manager so naturally most of us who like to trade maintain an account with one of the very good online utilities provided by volunteers. There is no reason (that I can see) that WotC posting regulations should not reflect the actual needs of the community when it is no detriment to themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:43 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

The Wizos on WOTC seem to be going nuts over there the last couple of days. They keep locking threads and consolidating threads that they deem redundant. For example, there were a couple of Revan topics, but they appeared to be discussing different points about him. I saw earlier where Billiv was forced into another thread even though he was discussing another point about Revan that I felt deserved its own discussion.

I know that they are trying to reduce clutter, but having all of the discussion put into a single thread makes a mess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm 
Lancer Nation
Lancer Nation

I can't start any new threads over there and for some reason my PM's are going unanswered by the wizo's and on of my Siggy quotes got cut off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Guys, I am perplexed and bumfuzzled by Wizo actions as much as the rest of you and PM many of them frequently to question their decision-making skills. :)

That said, let's keep the name-calling to a minimum (meaning don't do it), okay? Thanks.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Fool wrote:
agree @ Boris
We have to be civil here fellas.

We don't want to be come the "naysayers"

Isn't that what the WOTC forums are for, naysaying???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

homer fett wrote:
I know that they are trying to reduce clutter, but having all of the discussion put into a single thread makes a mess.

And the Wizos should know that, especially after the TLT snafu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

That is really stupid of WizO_Kayn. I mean, if you bump a trade thread 2.5 hours early it shouldn't be deleted!

EmporerDragon wrote:
homer fett wrote:

And the Wizos should know that, especially after the TLT snafu.

Yeah, really! If you want to decrease clutter, don't combine threads like that.

Occurrences like these are exactly why I don't use the Wizards boards anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:31 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

They have a hard defined rule. Was it that important that it be bumped 2.5 hours early than the allowed time? I can see why that rule is very important to uphold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:44 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

dnemiller wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
They have a hard defined rule. Was it that important that it be bumped 2.5 hours early than the allowed time? I can see why that rule is very important to uphold.

I think maybe sithborg it is more like I used to do you just look at the dates and dont sit back and count the hours.... I can understand them holding that rule.... but why enforce some and not others.. I think that is the real problem.

There's no hour counting needed though. If you're looking at the date you see the time too. Just don't post until after the time of that last bump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:52 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Fool wrote:
We don't like posts here that are at exactly 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 etc...

Simple as that

They WILL be deleted.

:lol:

Even 6:66?

(Oooh, that was horrible, even for me.) :cry:

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

When they have 35 Wizos, it is going to be nearly impossible to get even enforcement. A lot of it depends on the Wizo's opinion. And the Tradehouse has it's own very specific rules over the general forums. And with the forums that size, they sort of have to depend on the reporting system. And the addition of a group of Mods helps get quicker responses, but it will also highlight certain inconsistancies. Though, apparenly there are some more rules for them, as Sith mentioned he had less leeway in terms of banning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:16 am 
General
General

Kayn did not lock my thread for the 2.5 hour thing, that was Hutt, She (?) was actually rather pleasant about it, but the lack of actual communication is absurd, what's allowed in one area isn't the same as what's allowed in another. And no, bumping it 2 hours early wasn't "important" but I was leaving work and knew that I wouldn't be near a computer until later the next day, so I did it while I was thinking about.