logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: DESTINY of the FORCE - How to Order (Kickstarter is up!!!)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

1) You can find out where the Kickstarter thing is sitting at any time just by clicking on the link in the forst post of this thread.
2) It currently says $1630, which apparently means $1730, since someone said earlier that they gave $100 to Dean directly, which isnt on the Kickstarter thing for it. So, if everyone else who donates gives the $20 to get a free set, then we will need 4 more people to donate to meet the goal.

When the goal is met, the time will still continue to run til it ends automatically, though I imagine it could be stopped early. Also, You still will not be charged the $20 you donated until the Fund Raising date ends, NOT when we reach $1800. Got it?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:09 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Good to know sir! Thank you.

Do you think there will be a second run?

www.ocsws.com
Orange County Star Wars Society
California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:06 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
falcon wrote:
Good to know sir! Thank you.

Do you think there will be a second run?

From what I know that is very unlikely. Thankfully I am not fully in the know so I could be wrong, but I am confident in my thinking at this time.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

If it cost $1800 to do a first run, then I can't imagine it costing much less to do a second run, in which case I'd imagine (as someone who is not an insider on this matter) that there will not be a second printing. If people want the official copies of these cards, they really do need to act sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
If it cost $1800 to do a first run, then I can't imagine it costing much less to do a second run, in which case I'd imagine (as someone who is not an insider on this matter) that there will not be a second printing. If people want the official copies of these cards, they really do need to act sooner rather than later.

I'm kinda of the opinion that 500 is very much more than enough for everyone who wants to get high quality over self-printing, but yeah, it might be a gamble to try to wait a month or so. I wonder if anyone has an informed guess as to how many people will buy, or at least how many were expected to be bought before. I'm just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We are NOT anticipating doing a second run. That's why we wanted to make this first run a big one. Seriously guys, it's been 6 months since Masters of the Force came out, and every single one of you would have dropped, at a minimum, $30 for two boosters of that set. Dark Times was only 3 months before that, and you did the same thing, a minimum of $30 for two boosters. 90% of you spent a lot more money than that buying cases (or multiple cases), or picking up 1 booster each week when you went to the LGS, etc. $20 for a set of cards is nothing in comparison to what most of us used to spend every 3-4 months.

Even if you're "overpaying" by giving a $20 donation, again, it's still way less than you would have paid for boosters from WOTC. And then you get the satisfaction of knowing you've helped keep the game alive, maybe helped benefit some other gaming groups with free stuff, etc.

And who knows....perhaps all the people who donate will get some sort of other benefit too. I have no idea (no inside knowledge here), just tossing out possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

It has been a while since I've been on here, but the set looks great so far. What a great cause!

$20 pledged.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i just pledged $20! total is at $1670

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LoboStele wrote:
We are NOT anticipating doing a second run. That's why we wanted to make this first run a big one. Seriously guys, it's been 6 months since Masters of the Force came out, and every single one of you would have dropped, at a minimum, $30 for two boosters of that set. Dark Times was only 3 months before that, and you did the same thing, a minimum of $30 for two boosters. 90% of you spent a lot more money than that buying cases (or multiple cases), or picking up 1 booster each week when you went to the LGS, etc. $20 for a set of cards is nothing in comparison to what most of us used to spend every 3-4 months.

Even if you're "overpaying" by giving a $20 donation, again, it's still way less than you would have paid for boosters from WOTC. And then you get the satisfaction of knowing you've helped keep the game alive, maybe helped benefit some other gaming groups with free stuff, etc.

And who knows....perhaps all the people who donate will get some sort of other benefit too. I have no idea (no inside knowledge here), just tossing out possibilities.

Very true i think i had between 2 and 4 cases of most of the 60 sets, and 2 cases of the 40 sets. I still buy the odd booster even now for extra C/UC minis.

If at all possable though i would like to know how much a set of cards are because even though i have donated my $20 bucks for my cards i might want 2 extra sets of cards for the others in my play group. I am not expecting an answer to this right away but it would be nice to know, if there are only 500 sets these are going to go pritty fast once the cards are done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Dean has thrown around the $7 price point on several occasions. It may not be exactly right when all is said and done, but I'm not sure how much advance planning you need to scrape up an amount in that ballpark. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

dreadtech wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

Very true i think i had between 2 and 4 cases of most of the 60 sets, and 2 cases of the 40 sets. I still buy the odd booster even now for extra C/UC minis.

If at all possable though i would like to know how much a set of cards are because even though i have donated my $20 bucks for my cards i might want 2 extra sets of cards for the others in my play group. I am not expecting an answer to this right away but it would be nice to know, if there are only 500 sets these are going to go pritty fast once the cards are done.

Yep, it's somewhere around $7 to print a set, and then add a few bucks for shipping, so around $10 total is a good bet. I don't think shipping to GB has ever been as high as Asia, so I don't expect a large increase there either. Just send Dean letting him know you want 3 sets, and you can paypal him the extra money he needs for it :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Woohoo only 5-6 more people to pledge and we made it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Okay $20 donation made. It looks like you only have $10 to go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Destiny... it's design is clearly Ancient...

Oh wait, wrong SF show.

:P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Destiny... it's design is clearly Ancient...

Oh wait, wrong SF show.

:P

thats what i first thought of when i heard the name of the set. thats a good show

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Finally got around to actually backing this, and how nice to see there is already more than enough backers :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I just read about this on the forums. I have been in and out of town from June in till about two weeks ago. I have not made into Art of War much.So i have been out of the loop a little. I made my donation tonight sorry so late. I want to keep this going as long as we can. So i guess i'm #89.Thanks every one for there hard work on keeping the Star Wars Minis. going.

James :Boba:
"Semper Fidelis"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

When I get paid I shall stick my 20 in, but when it comes to getting the cards, is it just a case of giving my address and the postage is included? Cos I'm in the UK...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:42 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

HI everyone!

I just want know how to get the set of cards!??
I'm from panama, we are a small group but we play every weekend and we like to keep the game alive!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Hi James,

If you feel that you want to donate to help offset the costs of printing then by all means add to the kickstarter donations. However, the cards will be available free (only for the cost of shipping!) after Dec 1.

I'm glad to hear we've got some players in Panama. Welcome!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next