logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The Max Rebo Band Custom set sealed booster tourny
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wanted to share some fun stuff we did last night at our LGS. I always appreciate the hard work people put into custom pieces and stats. I always thought it a shame that most of the time these guys make these pieces and they just sit there. I always like it when you get to actually play the custom and see how it really performs. Brian did a lot of work compiling a nice little 40 piece set. Some were his customs, some he borrowed, some he borrowed and tweaked. I have included 2 attachments. One PDF is a list of the stat cards and the second is the set Checklist. Feel free to check them out. We will definitely be playing these again and any feedback is much appreciated. For the minis he actually had alot of customs made that looked exactly like the cards which was very impressive. Some of the higher quantity guys were just proxied. What was really cool was Brian supplied all the cards and pieces for everyone which I thought was great.

After seeing the 40 piece set I was a little worried about 4 pieces I thought would be very powerful in sealed. Luke/R2, Emporer Clone, Vader, and Joruus. Only Luke and Joruus were pulled and they didn't turn out to be all that bad.

I wish I took pics to show off some of the sweet custom pieces, but oh well. Here are some highlights.
Image Image
Image Image

So for the draft Brian had made cards with the contents of a booster on each card, so basically you drew 2 cards randomly out of the pile. (remember this is just for fun, so most of the VR pieces there just going to be one of since you were playing with a small group and custom minis as well) I think that worked out great. Brian made up about 200 cards of the other guys. We also only made 100 point squads, so after you had your stat cards for your 14 guys and made your 100 point squads no one had an issue with having a piece in their squad that didn't have a card so that worked out nicely.

I ended up with Max Rebo and Han for my 2 uniques. While I would love nothing more to make a Band squad for future play, Ol Max wasn't going to find a spot in my 100 pt army. I ended up using 5 pieces for 97 points. I think they were-
Han Solo Brigand
Fallen Jedi
Bothan Operative
Imperial Scout Trooper Captain
Ewok Marksman

My favorite game of the night came against Joruus, Imperial Spy, and Queen's Handmaiden. I really didn't think my squad had a chance to inflict 200 HP of damage, but in the end it came down to the wire. It was 20HP Joruus against my Bothan based against each other. I win init and he keeps Insane version so he can reroll, so I throw grenade and he misses the save and the FPRR. Wow, now it is my turn and I roll a 9. LOL we all die! I really loved how Joruus played and loved the concept of the flip card. It was epic!

I know we will be playing these guys in constructed squads in the future, so like I said earlier any comments will be appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: The Max Rebo Band Custom set sealed booster tourny
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

At the risk of stealing ideas for my own custom set I'll ignore the stats but some really cool ideas and glad you guys used these!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
I don't understand how unstable psychi works. I flip the card? huh

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

dalsiandon wrote:
I don't understand how unstable psychi works. I flip the card? huh

It is a 2 sided card. The Cloned part is one side and the Insane part is on the other side. It makes more sense to look at the set number on the card 35/40A and 35/40B. Seeing it in person works wonders as well. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like the pieces that I can see now, and I'll download the rest when I get home, but I think the Han is a little undercosted. The Gambler's Luck ability is basically the same thing as a free FP re-roll once per turn, and depending on how many figs are attacking him it could add up quickly to be alot of rerolls. Its probably balanced out by his lower damage output, so it might work out ok. Just seems a like its a bit OP on a 32pt piece.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Disturbed1 wrote:
I like the pieces that I can see now, and I'll download the rest when I get home, but I think the Han is a little undercosted. The Gambler's Luck ability is basically the same thing as a free FP re-roll once per turn, and depending on how many figs are attacking him it could add up quickly to be alot of rerolls. Its probably balanced out by his lower damage output, so it might work out ok. Just seems a like its a bit OP on a 32pt piece.

Definitely needs a "Usable on this character's turn only"