logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Armor questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Well, i was browsing wookieepedia one day and ended up reading about the various armor types worn by the clone troopers of SWM. For example, what the SWM Utapau Trooper is wearing is a paratrooper suit and the Kashyyyk Trooper is a swamp trooper. But i couldn't find anyone matching the Saleucami Trooper, except for a picture on the page of a clone commander named Deviss. Does anybody know?

Also, another question regarding the various types of mandalorian armor. We have several different types of mandalorian armor. First, there's the grey ones that all the BH mandalorians are wearing (the mandalorian captain is somewhat similar?). Second, there's all the colored ones from KOTOR. My wild guess is they belong in the old republic era. Then, we have the Death Watch Raider and the Quartermaster type of armor. And finally, there's the Gunslinger. In what eras of the timeline do they all fit?

Post subject: Re: Armor questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:18 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

If I remember correctly, the Saleucami trooper is really a non-unique Ney. Which wuld mean it's standard clone armor with the kama and a visor accessory.

As far as the madalorians.

Blue/Red Revan Era Mandalorians

Gray Mandalore the Preserver? (Canderous Ordo) is seen wearing this in KOTOR II. I can only assume that many mandalorians begin to adopt this up untill the Republic Era. The Death Watch Armor is (re)introduced then during a peaceful??? time in Mando history. The gunslinger is actually the non0unique version of Boba's Daughter (something with an A) and is the Rebelllion-New Republic Era Mandalorian Armor.

Edit: I think some of the Ulic era mandos or mandos under him wore gray armor as well? I noticed the Basilisk is in grey so I believe that is the case

Post subject: Re: Armor questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:23 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Good call on commander Neyo. It looks pretty much like him, just with a visor added.

Thanks for the info on the mando armor as well. Years ago, when i started collecting SWM, i bought a starter, a Battle of Endor pack and 4 different boosters. One of those were a BH, and when i opened it i saw a Basilisk Droid as well as another mando something (i think it was a supercommando). And i thought WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?? I was a big fan of SW but had never heard of those mandalorian guys.
I've read some of the wookieepedia info of their history and such but just recently started wondering about the different types of armor. The grey ones are by far the best looking if you ask me. That might be because of pure nostalgia, because they were some of my first pulls. Or maybe because i never really played KOTOR. Anyways they look cool.