logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Menoth's Fire wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
I actually really like the idea of Revan, Uliq, and the Blademasters. The +4 from Mandalore's CE is typically what the Blademasters need to really be effective. That's 151 points just for Revan and Uliq though, lol...

That's what I mean: he's got some serious power and some great synergy possibilities, but at 88pts you lose the ability to get those other pieces in there. I have no doubt that at 200pts there'll be some goodness, but to get your points-worth you need to take as much advantage of his CE as possible and your ability to do that drops pretty quickly as your point-level decreases.

Yeah, no kidding. Even at the 150 point level, I think we'll be hard pressed to find really good uses for him. It'd be awesome if he'll work in 150 though. Need to start playing with ideas to see if there's a semi-decent B&B counter in all of this. At the very least, his Defense +Duelist will help him out a good bit against LV.

I do like the idea of using Maris with him though. That could be particularly effective!

Sithborg wrote:
As for the Force Storm 2, I assume it is the same as Palpy's. Look at the other Force Power X stuff. The X is how many FPs the ability costs, so I would guess Force Lightning is essentially Force Lightning 2 now.

Ah....that makes sense. It'd be cool if they continue that trend of how they design Force Abilities from now on. Obviously, the # in the ability name doesn't necessarily match the damage. You can tell this by looking at Vader's Apprentice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:08 pm 
General
General

Sithborg wrote:
As for the Force Storm 2, I assume it is the same as Palpy's. Look at the other Force Power X stuff. The X is how many FPs the ability costs, so I would guess Force Lightning is essentially Force Lightning 2 now.

Ah, but they did not mention Block costing 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

150 poits Raven and Boba BH

Raven allows boba to move around a get all the shots he wants.

Granted two activations is extremely low, but it would be fun to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

emr131 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Ah, but they did not mention Block costing 1.

Probably because that ability is not going to get Levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

SirStevee wrote:
Raven reminds me of a more intresting Luke, JM. He's honestly not "all that". I'm surprised he doesn't have better damage options. He can easily take another big beatstick, but because he has huge defenseive abilties, not because of his offense. Force corruption is kinda stupid to me. Anything worth corrupting is a jedi really, and it is easier to make the save with force points. If the abilty also activated the target, it would be better.

Yeah, but do you really want to burn your FPs for your turn before you even get to do anything? I think that may be one of the biggest advantages right there. Revan will be beastly against JWMs in this regard. They will need 12s to hit him because of Duelist. He has Block, so figure that a JWM will only hit 50% of the time, and 50% of the time Revan will block that.

If you can Corrupt a JWM, then you force them (no pun intended :P) to possibly burn FPs just to stay alive, and then they won't be able to Assualt or re-roll!

Oh, and I just thought of an AWESOME combo with Revan....and it's THEMED. This could quite possibly be the coolest, best working themed idea in the entire game. Well, I think so. :P

Revan + HK-47! Master Tactician helps you win init. When you win init, you move HK into firing position (w/ Revan's CE), then open up with Cunning Attack and move his sorry-defense-butt back into hiding! For me, that almost makes up for not being able to play him with Bastilla. HK and his meatbag master! :lol:

Last edited by LoboStele on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:26 pm 
General
General

I agree with others that Revan's CE seems custom-tailored to make Sith Assault Droids better. I'd also like to use him with Sith Troopers, a Sith Trooper Commander, and Darth Malak. With the three CE's, the Sith Troopers will be attacking at +15 for 30 damage. Not bad for a theme squad. I don't think anyone will use Force Corruption when they can attack instead (if they can't attack for some reason, or they need the guaranteed 20 Damage, then maybe 2 FPs could be worth it).

I think the combination of Master Tactician and the crazy move *any* non-Savage ally CE will be Revan's most useful traits. How about I base you with Exar, or something Exar can swap into? I think I'll just move my X-1 between your shooters and Revan. Maybe Revan will ride the Skiff, so he can benefit from his own movement CE this time. So many possibilities.

In my mind, with a second Master Tactician in play, Han Solo, Rogue is now definitely a better choice every time than Han Solo on Tauntaun.

Rebel Vanguards are nice little guys. Rebels didn't have any good grunts under 14 points until now. With Leia, Senator, they are mobile Missile-launchers like Boba Enforcer--except you can get 3 of them for less than the price of Boba. Just need a good Rebel grunt that's less than 10 points now (Rebel Marksman, I'm looking in your direction).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I kinda fear the vangaurd more than Revan. That can be a LOT of 30 DAM missiles streaking your way, especially with Lando HoT to keep them alive.

Revan is very powerful, but he is beatable. He will wipe the floor with most Jedi, but his lack of deflect means he is vulnerable to shooters, especially the jedi hunters.....Time to dust off Jango.

Its like i said on the other boards - he is almost a contradiction. He is best run as a commander, but at 88pts he doesnt have much room for followers. SADs and Dark Masters are looking real interesting. Also, AAs hav a nice boost as do non-unique fringe cunning attackers.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:33 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Lobo you are so right! HK! Plus, I think that the E522 assassin droid might be better an some cases then the SAD's.

I also think that Guri would be an excellent choice for Revan. Though she can't make use of the +4 nonunique CE, she is still pretty awesome. Double Cunning Attack at +17 for a total of 40 damage. Guri can also make use of the movement before activation commander effect. For 25 points and her 90 HP, ill take that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

shinja wrote:
I agree with others that Revan's CE seems custom-tailored to make Sith Assault Droids better. I'd also like to use him with Sith Troopers, a Sith Trooper Commander, and Darth Malak. With the three CE's, the Sith Troopers will be attacking at +15 for 30 damage. Not bad for a theme squad.

I don't know about this....Revan+Malak+Sith Trooper Commander is 159 points. That means you only get 5 Troopers in your squad (or 4 and 3 Ugnaughts probably). Granted it's not bad, but in order to combine fire or get that 30 damage, your Troopers have to sit out in the open. They'll die way too fast to be useable enough. Although, it would probably work great in games bigger than 200 points.

shinja wrote:
I don't think anyone will use Force Corruption when they can attack instead (if they can't attack for some reason, or they need the guaranteed 20 Damage, then maybe 2 FPs could be worth it).

Really? Guaranteed 20 damage from 6 squares away? Possible future 20 damage? If there is an opposing Melee piece bearing down on me, I don't think I'd mind stopping a square or two short and hitting them with Corruption. Then they have to base me next round if they want to do any damage. And at that point, I'm completely content to just sit still until they die from Corruption. Ball will be in their court, and then they will have to try to kill me before they die. Of course, when they base me to try and beat the ticking clock of Corruption, then I'll just respond with a nice Triple Attack. :D

I don't know how great it will be against non-Melee pieces, but I think it definitely has some awesome possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:41 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

[quote="Sithdragon13"]I kinda fear the vangaurd more than Revan. That can be a LOT of 30 DAM missiles streaking your way, especially with Lando HoT to keep them alive.

Revan is very powerful, but he is beatable.quote]

I had the exact same thought.

I think the Vanguard will be used much more than Revan will. A Missles 30 swarm could be scary.

I think they did pretty good with Revan, though. I am not a big fan, but I think they got his balance of power vs. leader about right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:42 pm 
General
General

Vanguards + Leia HC
Vanguards + Lando HoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Forgot to respond to this before:

Menoth's Fire wrote:
And that 6 square CE isn't great at the moment without mas (or the mouse droid?).

I'm beginning to wonder (and I think someone has posted this before) if PROXY will end up having some sort of Booming Voice like ability, or that perhaps we are getting him instead of the Mouse Droid. PROXY's character in the game supposedly can make his exterior look like anyone he wants. It would make sense for him to be able to mimic another commander on your squad and either extend the range of the CE, or at least give a second bubble of 6 squares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

emr131 wrote:
Vanguards + Leia HC
Vanguards + Lando HoT

Oh dang dude...that's just ridiculous. You could play an entire game and never actually roll an attack. Only saves and init! It's a good thing the Rebel's don't have a character like RS Palps that lets anyone use FPs, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:46 pm 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
Forgot to respond to this before:

Menoth's Fire wrote:
And that 6 square CE isn't great at the moment without mas (or the mouse droid?).

I'm beginning to wonder (and I think someone has posted this before) if PROXY will end up having some sort of Booming Voice like ability, or that perhaps we are getting him instead of the Mouse Droid. PROXY's character in the game supposedly can make his exterior look like anyone he wants. It would make sense for him to be able to mimic another commander on your squad and either extend the range of the CE, or at least give a second bubble of 6 squares.

Makes sense to have the CE range-extending character be Unique too, otherwise you'd could use an army of Mouse Droids to get unlimited range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:47 pm 
General
General

Sithdragon13 wrote:
...Its like i said on the other boards - he is almost a contradiction. He is best run as a commander, but at 88pts he doesnt have much room for followers...

My point exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:47 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yep. I called it. Master Tactician.

Did you tell your friends you heard it here first? :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:49 pm 
General
General

shinja wrote:
Makes sense to have the CE range-extending character be Unique too, otherwise you'd could use an army of Mouse Droids to get unlimited range.

Because the mouse droids would be too durable to be a liability? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:52 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:

Revan + HK-47! Master Tactician helps you win init. When you win init, you move HK into firing position (w/ Revan's CE), then open up with Cunning Attack and move his sorry-defense-butt back into hiding! For me, that almost makes up for not being able to play him with Bastilla. HK and his meatbag master! :lol:

my first thought was 4-lom BH for paralysis but i think this one works better.

sithdragon13 wrote:
...Its like i said on the other boards - he is almost a contradiction. He is best run as a commander, but at 88pts he doesnt have much room for followers...

he's a triple attacking beat who wins init 95% of the time. He won't need many followers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:53 pm 
General
General

Menoth's Fire wrote:
Sithdragon13 wrote:

My point exactly.

Either that or it will take some digging to make him into a one character commander (similar to Thrawn in B&B where it just revolves around 1 ally).

I have some ideas, it is a VERY BIG shame that revan does not have Rage to dish out 90 damage a clip. If he did, then I think the ultimate ally is whatever her name is with Force Push. As is, I think she is still a strong consideration for me right now.

The uggernaught squad can now be useful with Revan instead of just Thrawn in 200. Now you have a nice beat to back up the guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:55 pm 
General
General

fingersandteeth wrote:
my first thought was 4-lom BH for paralysis but i think this one works better.

But you are definitely paying for that CE! I'm comparing him to Lord Vader at the moment since they are both Commander-sticks and I'd rather have Twin and assault any day. You won't have to stand still to use it. and standing still is not revan's friend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next