logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Gen Con Event Questions?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just as Deri posted over in Bloo. There are a number of questions regarding the events at Gen Con.

Here are the questions I have, Hoping someone can answer them.

In the Jedi Challenge, I know the first leg is 100 pnt, rebel storm - the force Unleashed.
And 150 pnt, legacy - masters and 200 pnt, v-set only, but what about the sub sets and map packs? Where do they fall into line? Lancer, GOWK, etc... were sub sets/special sets.

And with the 100 pnt light side/dark side, how does affinity work? Are characters like Atton "Jaq" Rand considered fringe? Cause he can be both light side and dark side.

On a completly different note, I am assuming that I am running Royal Rumble again but have not heard any official call on that yet. I designed the format and set forth the rules for RR and did my best at making everything known so that is why I assume that I am running RR again this year.

Any information would be extremely helpful as I am trying to build squads and such for these events.

Post subject: Re: Gen Con Event Questions?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Rebel Storm, Clone Strike, Revenge of the Sith, Universe, Champions of the Force, Bounty Hunters, Alliance and Empire, Battle of Hoth, The Force Unleashed

Legacy of the Force, Knights of the Old Republic, Clone Wars Starter, The Clone Wars, Clone Wars Battles, Imperial Entanglements, Attack on Teth, Showdown at Teth Palace, Crystal Caves of Ilum, Jedi Academy, Galaxy at War, Dark Times, Masters of the Force

Destiny of the Force, Renegades and Rogues, Theed Palace, Vengeance, Cantina Brawl, Scum and Villiany, Jedi Vs. Sith, Galactic Heroes, The Old Republic, Bounty Hunter Challenge (Luke and Sid)

Epics are not allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

i believe characters with affinity to both sides count for both sides. Characters like mas and Atton would count for both as they can be in either squad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

DarthJawa wrote:
i believe characters with affinity to both sides count for both sides. Characters like mas and Atton would count for both as they can be in either squad.

Can we get official confirmation here?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:48 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Assassin Style - From Jim
A moderator will be necessary to run this event. The moderator needs to assign targets, choose initial map spawn points, and draw initiative each round.

Each player controls a preset squad of two characters totalling 100pts. One character must be melee, and one ranged. All players are given two targets; one melee, one ranged and chosen at random from the characters controlled by the other players. Each player will be given a token with the name of each of his targets. Depending on the number of players and the layout of the maps played on, the game can be played on one, two or three maps.

Each player is assigned an initiative number. At the beginning of each round, the moderator will draw numbers and lay them out in the order he draws them. If any player controls a character with Master Tactician, he may take his number and place it anywhere in the initiative order he wishes. Play proceeds with each player activating one character until everyone has activated one. Then, in reverse initiative order, the remaining characters are activated.

Players start in random spawn points on the map chosen by the moderator prior to the event. Each player seeks to eliminate the targets he has been given. When a target is successfully eliminated, the player controlling the eliminated target must relinquish a target of his choice to his opponent. Regardless, one target must be relinquished for each success.
Players may only target and attack a character they have as a target. If an area effect is used, the target must be a legal target. (Legal target is defined as a character the attacking player has a target for.) Non-targeting effects are permitted. The only exception to this targeting rule is if the controlling player’s character has taken damage in ANY way. Once this occurs, ALL of the characters controlled by the player doing the damage are now considered legal targets. If a character is eliminated as a result of this type of retaliation, the player controlling the eliminated character must still relinquish a target, but the elimination does not count towards the total targets eliminated.

Play continues until there are no more legal targets. The player who has eliminated the most targets is the winner, even if he does not control any characters at the conclusion of the game.