logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: stat card pdf?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:40 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Does anyone know if there is a place I can find all the stats and/or card images on pdf? I'm looking for something I can dl to my phone so I can consult them when I'm not at home.

Yes, I can use bloomilk, etc, but internet can be kinda crappy depending on location.

Thanks

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

Post subject: Re: stat card pdf?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:43 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I've been wondering if there is something similar as well.

I know Darth_Ted likely has something like this, as he's been creating his spiral bound books of the cards for people to use as reference. Not sure if he'd just hand out his file though, as that would mean anybody could print the pages, and then he wouldn't be able to sell them as he's done in the past. Not sure what his plan is.

For those interested in such things, my wife and I were playing around with the Apple Developer website recently, and my wife is quite good with web-page development, and she said that the coding for building Apps is quite similar to HTML/CSS. So, I'm kicking around the idea of trying to build some sort of rudimentary squad builder/stat database as an app. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:14 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Well, that sounds pretty awesome. I dont know how different the Apple OS and Android are, but if it isnt a pain in the rear, and you or your wife to end up attempting this, would you mind trying to make it Android friendly? Ive got the MotoDroid, and a SWM Widget would be amazing.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I really wish there were an app for that.....

(Moto Droid for me too, we slowly taking over the world muwhahaha)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I have stat cards in JPEG format in a consistant size (both screen and print) on HOLOCRON but my scans so far only go back through the 40 character sets. Before that, RebelScum.com has the most complete archchive of card scans.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:53 pm 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
I've been wondering if there is something similar as well.

I know Darth_Ted likely has something like this, as he's been creating his spiral bound books of the cards for people to use as reference. Not sure if he'd just hand out his file though, as that would mean anybody could print the pages, and then he wouldn't be able to sell them as he's done in the past. Not sure what his plan is.

For those interested in such things, my wife and I were playing around with the Apple Developer website recently, and my wife is quite good with web-page development, and she said that the coding for building Apps is quite similar to HTML/CSS. So, I'm kicking around the idea of trying to build some sort of rudimentary squad builder/stat database as an app. We'll see.

Something like that which can fit on the iPad would be amazing. Basically similar to Chuck's Mini Manager, with the following features:

- random booster (so can do "proxy sealed" events at the LGS without bringing a laptop)
- ability to view your squad's stat cards, as a replacement for needing the physical cards sitting on the table with you.

If you could track HP/FP, and maybe even activation status/victory points, that would be an AMAZING in-game tool! Instead of bringing along 3 heavy binders of stat cards to the LGS every week, it could be replaced with just one iPad.

Now for the downside: I don't have an iPad, and they're not likely to be released in this country for quite some time. So that means I'd need to convince my girlfriend (who has one) to lend it to me every weekend to go play at the LGS :p

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hehehe, yeah, I could see that working nicely. My wife's got an iPad as well, so I'd be in the same boat as you. But if it would be possible to create something to track HP/FP as well, then doing so on an iPod/iPhone/iPad wouldn't be too different for each model.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

An iPad app with full stat card scans, that could assist with squad building and collection tracking but also keep track of HP/FP/Activations/Gambit during the game, would totally convince me to buy an iPad.

And if it was smart enough to interact with your opponent's iPad so you could review his/her stat cards and status, that would be even better. Or if you could just quickly scan in your opponent's physical cards (do those things have a built in camera yet?).

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

http://dantooine.hardscribble.net/ has a lot of cool stuff in pdf form, run by Centurion.

You can have all the minis organized by set or by faction.

ImageImage

"Slowly digesting the competition, one game at a time...belch"