logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Does Yobuck/Lancer need a counter?
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well have not read all the posts so not going to comment on any,and will just put my opinion down

Do i think Yobuck/Lancer need a counter?

Well to me the hole game is based on the punch/counter punch form of play.

EG. the Punch Overide

CounterPunch Satchel charge & Shatterbeam.

Punch Commander Effects

Counterpunch Disruptive

Punch Ranged Attacks/Melee Attacks

Counterpunch Evade/Parry

Punch Stealth
Conterpunch It's a Trap and Force Sense.

And so on, so to me having something that can counter Flight or simular characters is only natural. Providing like Flight it's not over used, and any counter should not be over used.

In game terms see as Luke striking down the Scouttrooper on speeder bike in the film. Galloping Attack is a little hard to come up with a counter but i think the real counter is the other play might not have a swarm squad, but i think the problem with Yobuck is not that he has Galloping Attack it the fact that he can gain fight by way of A2D2 AD. just my two cents worth.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:38 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Note that Gallop does not work during R2's turn so Kybuck will never have Flight and Gallop at the same time. It sounds like your concern is that (non-existent) combo.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

NickName wrote:
Note that Gallop does not work during R2's turn so Kybuck will never have Flight and Gallop at the same time. It sounds like your concern is that (non-existent) combo.

Well yes and no, It looks like we have been playing this wrong, but does not change the fact fight has no counter. so even if yobuck does not get that combo it changes nothing for other characters that do have fight like the lancer. and as such i can see why this topic was brought up.

Now i am not saying that every character should be able to make AoO against characters with fight ( just as not every character should gain flight) but i do think the odd character should be able to. As the thread say should there be a counter?

My opinion is yes providing it is as on about the same amount of characters that have flight and not every other character.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:19 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dreadtech wrote:
NickName wrote:

Now i am not saying that every character should be able to make AoO against characters with flight ( just as not every character should gain flight) but i do think the odd character should be able to. As the thread say should there be a counter?

My opinion is yes providing it is as on about the same amount of characters that have flight and not every other character.

This (IMO) is what artillerist should have included. Certainly not broken (especially only being on 1 character), but another interesting option.

Luke Commando (Cannon-wise) would have been cool to have it. Oh well.

V-sets - let's get a AoO vs flight producing SA!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:36 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

dreadtech wrote:
NickName wrote:

Well yes and no, It looks like we have been playing this wrong, but does not change the fact fight has no counter. so even if yobuck does not get that combo it changes nothing for other characters that do have fight like the lancer.

Mines isn't bad against Flight.

And Self-D and repost/Djem So are forms of defense against Strafe specifically.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

dreadtech wrote:
NickName wrote:

Well yes and no, It looks like we have been playing this wrong, but does not change the fact fight has no counter. so even if yobuck does not get that combo it changes nothing for other characters that do have fight like the lancer. and as such i can see why this topic was brought up.

Now i am not saying that every character should be able to make AoO against characters with fight ( just as not every character should gain flight) but i do think the odd character should be able to. As the thread say should there be a counter?

Yobuck does not get attack on r2 turn, it was this way for a very short time. Then it was corrected at the same time griev. blaster was infact range not mela.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:13 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It actually worked for quite some time. I just nobody ever bothered to learn or use the combo since the CS Gungan with Galloping is a terrible piece. Same reason why the issue with Lift/Heavy Lift never came up.

Actually, I remember it being used with the Ewok on Hangglider for a little bit.