logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:25 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I thought he called Garm for having MT. That was the only debate I remember arguing in on WotC about it.

Either way, I like that MT went to Revan and the Sith. Great combo with Surprise move, MT. Will take a while to make competitive, but I think its got some nuce synergy to play around with. I will enjoy this fig.

Also, here's the number one pull for Sealed release events. In sealed he will never die :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:34 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

billiv15 wrote:
I thought he called Garm for having MT. That was the only debate I remember arguing in on WotC about it.

Either way, I like that MT went to Revan and the Sith. Great combo with Surprise move, MT. Will take a while to make competitive, but I think its got some nuce synergy to play around with. I will enjoy this fig.

Also, here's the number one pull for Sealed release events. In sealed he will never die :)

you reckon?

It'll be him v a whole opposing squad.

there are some pretty hefty figs available in the set and many more to come.

Boris did call MT, but so did many other dudes. Saber Creator made a fig even before TLT that had MT.

Read Revan Bio and that pretty much spells the fig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

fingersandteeth is correct. Revan's strategy in war is infamous, moreso than Thrawn even. I can't see how they could ever NOT give Revan MT.

As for Garm, I think it depends on what point of the story his character is based whether he will have it. Heir to Empire? No. NJO? Possibly. Post-NJO? Most likely.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 pm 

Well obviously I am a bit premature calling Revan the auto win in sealed, but man does he look good at this point. Especially if his puller is a good player who pulls something to use with him.

Revan and Brood might be nice. But heck, Revan an just about anything that can use intuition should be a nice sealed winner.

Remember Engineer's pull of Mandalore and Lord Vader. Ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:43 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, I was talking to Shinja about how I wish Revan to be represented. This is almost what I had in mind. MT on him is brilliant. Now what to use for support on him? SAD's? DJM? Both of those can become decent now.

I think that Brood and him at 200 will be deadly. What about LOM BH? Suprise move and Paralysis with MT.

All that I know is I have the piece to build for with this set! :D

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:49 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Well obviously I am a bit premature calling Revan the auto win in sealed, but man does he look good at this point. Especially if his puller is a good player who pulls something to use with him.

Revan and Brood might be nice. But heck, Revan an just about anything that can use intuition should be a nice sealed winner.

Of course it depends on what the allowable build total is (150 was BH, I think), but...

Imagine this for a sealed pull - Luke's Snowspeeder + Darth Revan + fodder to fill.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Boris wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

Of course it depends on what the allowable build total is (150 was BH, I think), but...

Imagine this for a sealed pull - Luke's Snowspeeder + Darth Revan + fodder to fill.

Do we have the stats of the Snowspeeder?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

thejumpingflea wrote:
Do we have the stats of the Snowspeeder?

Yeah, did you miss that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:19 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Where are Luke's Snowspeeder stats?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

We don't have Luke's Snowspeeder's stats. However, since it is a Snowspeeder, it is safe to assume it will have Speed 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:06 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

ehhhh despite the massive movement I doubt Luke's SS will have attack values high enough to be the best accompanying pull in a sealed tourney. There should be some higher powered beats that can use the intuition CE to more effect.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:21 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

billiv15 wrote:

My LGS's sealed game is only 100 point squads. Today's preview could end up being someone's sealed squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I don't think Garm will have MT because he is not a VR. Thrawn and Revan are both VRs. I think he will have something that negates it just like Han Rogue becuase he and Han are both Rs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:45 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

This is what i will post over on the wizo boards after bit. i know for a fact that Iblis will NOT have MT. The reasoning behind this is that all MT squads will be treated like they do not exist. NR would be able to not only bring in MT, but would be able to negate the opponent's MT through Han, making them the only squad with MT. I do not see that happening. I see him having a CE more like Revan's and preround movement or something.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:54 am 

Sithdragon13 wrote:
This is what i will post over on the wizo boards after bit. i know for a fact that Iblis will NOT have MT. The reasoning behind this is that all MT squads will be treated like they do not exist. NR would be able to not only bring in MT, but would be able to negate the opponent's MT through Han, making them the only squad with MT. I do not see that happening. I see him having a CE more like Revan's and preround movement or something.

I made the same argument a while back on WotC and was soundly shut down. I cant see any faction with access to Han Rogue, and their two best pieces with cunning attack, getting MT. If they did, its probably all I would ever run at 200. I always assume I can win the mirror :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have to agree. Being able to negate MT for all other factions and still keep it for yourself is not a good thing.

I believe Garm will have a solid CE that will allow his team something like surprise move or maybe Immediate Reserves and Recon. Heck, why not Recon without the need for Line of Sight?

Just my thoughts.

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.