logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Minis YOU want to see: The first step
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:30 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

I would have done spoiler tags but it didn't work. I made custom stats for pieces I liked so since this is a thread for what one would LIKE to see...

Lord Hoth
Old Republic
Cost:86
HP:200
Def:21
Atk:15
Dam:20

Special Abilities
Lightsaber Duelist
Melee Attack/Triple Attack
Cleave
Deadly Attack
Force Empathic 10
Last Stand 50- When this characters HP goes below 50
he gains +4 attack and +10 damage until he is defeated.

Force Powers 2
Force Renewal 1
Master Of The Force 2
Lightsaber Sweep
Lightsaber Assault
Lightsaber Block
Force Repulse 4

Commander Effect:
Non-Unqiue allies with a force rating Gain "Lightsaber Block" and "Army Of Light"(+4 attack and +10 damage when attacking an enemy with a force rating.)

"To drive the darkness away, it seems, the light will have to perish with it!"

Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi

Faction: New Republic
Cost: 70
HP:120
Def: 21
Atk: 13

Special Abilities
Melee Attack/Double Attack
Advantages Attack
Battle Rage- Usable only on this character's turn. This Character receives +4 Attack and +10 Damage until the end of this turn. This character receives -4 Defence for the rest of this round.
Sword of the Jedi- At the begining of the skirmish, choose 1 Unique enemy character. This character receives +4 attack and +10 Damage when attacking that character.
Affinity- This character may be in a the same squad as "Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander".

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Lightsaber Sweep
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Assault

"I name you the Sword of the Jedi. You are like tempered steel, purposeful and razor-keen. Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends. Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace that you bring to others. Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others take shelter in the shadow that you cast."
―Luke Skywalker to Jaina Solo

Ganner Rhysode, Jedi Savior
Faction: New Republic
Cost:59
HP:110
Def:18
Atk:13

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack: Triple Attack
Avoid Defeat 6: When this character is defeated bring him back on the same square with 10 HP with 2 successful saves of 6
Cleave
Crowd Fighting
Mighty Swing +10
NONE SHALL PASS! (This character ignores enemy Special Abilities and Force Powers that allow them to ignore characters while moving. This character gains +4 Attack and +10 damage on Attacks of Opportunity. When this character scores a hit on an Attack of Opportunity, the enemy character must stop it's movement immediately, save 11.

Force Powers
Force 4
Lightsaber Assault
Master Lightsaber Sweep: Force 2, replaces attacks, attack each adjacent enemy twice.

"No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
Sith
Cost:81
HP: 140
DEF: 22
ATK: +15
DAM: 20

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Unique
Melee Attack: Twin Attack
Virulent Poison Dart
Dark Armor

FORCE POWERS

Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Aing-Tii Flow Walking
Sith Battle Meditation-Force 4, Replaces Turn, Force the remainder of the skirmish this character gets the following Commander Effect: Enemy characters within 12 squares gain -2 Attack and -2 Defence.
Illusion
Art of the Small- Force 2, Usable only on this character's turn, when targeted by an enemy character this character does not count as having a Force Rating until the end of this round.
Force Grip 2
Sith Rage
Shatterpoint
Force Lightning 2

Commander Effect:
Followers who rolls a Critical hit on an attack may make an immediate attack at +10 damage.

As Darth Caedus's power grows, he becomes a true Sith Lord.

Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Cost: 72
Faction: Sith
HP: 130
Def: 21
Atk:12
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack/Double Attack
Lord of Hunger: This character must end his turn next to an enemy with a Force Rating, if possible.
Life Drain 10: If an ally begins it's move while within 6 squares of Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger, that ally takes 10 damage.
Wound in the Force: When this character's Force reaches 0, he is automatically Defeated. An enemy character within 6 squares may spend 2 Force to Defeat this character, save 11. This effect replace that enemies attacks.

Force Powers
Force 4
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Sith Hunger 50: Force 5, Replaces Attacks, target enemy within 6 squares takes 50 Damage and Remove 50 Damage from this character. (This character's hit points cannot go above his starting hit points.) If possible remove up to 3 Force from target and add 3 to this character.
Sith Hatred 30: Force 3, Usable only on this character's turn, 30 damage to all characters within 4 squares.
Force Storm 4: Force 4, Replaces attacks50 Damage to each adjacent character, these characters are considered activated this round, save 16.
Force Lightning 3: Force 3, Replaces Attacks, 40 damage to target within 6 squares, target is considered activated this round, save 16.

"He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies… sacrificing itself to his hunger."
-Visas Marr

Revan, Jedi Savior
Faction: Old Republic
Cost: 79
HP: 130
Def: 23
Atk: 14
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee/Triple Attack
Tactician: If your initiative roll is above 11, you automatically choose who goes first.
Synergy: This character gains +4 Attack if a character Named Bastilla Shan is within 6 squares.
Redemption: If an enemy character rolls a critical hit on this character, that character joins your squad for the remainder of the skirmish, save 16.

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Deflect
Lightsaber Assault
Lightsaber Sweep

Commander Effect:
Allies with a Force Rating gain +10 Damage when Attacking an Adjacent enemy with a Force rating.

"You will have gone from being the Sith Lord himself, to the savior of our galaxy."
―Bastila Shan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:36 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Sorry, it appeared like we already had one for a list of pieces, I figured we'd go a different route here and try to see what type of stats we'd be looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Ithorian Commander (into Momaw Nadoon)
Bith Rebel (into Figrin D'an, Tech Norr, and/or various other cantina band folks)
Bothan Noble (into Borsk Fey'lya)
Corran Horn
Trandoshan Mercenary (into Saba Sebatyne or the other barabel Jedi)
Old Zuckuss (into Ooryl Qyrgg)
Darth Caedus
Even Piell (into Vergere -- I know this is a stretch, but can't think of a more appropiate piece at the moment)
Nom Anor
Tsavong Lah
Yomin Carr (none of the YV characters make very much sense to me in the current iterations)
Human Scoundrel (into Thracken Sal-Solo)
Boussh
Jabba the Hutt (any of them... a young and an old version would be pretty neat)
Felcor (into Malakilli with Rancor)
Wedge Antilles
BH IG-88 (into Yuuzhan Vong Hunter droids)
Vornskyr (into voxyn)
Obi-Wan Unleashed (into Joruus C'broath)
Obi-Wan Unleashed (into Old Ben)
Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side (into Luuke)
Vader's Apprentice Redeemed
Darth Sion
Nomi Sunrider
Darth Revan
Carth Onasi
Bao'Dur
C3P0 and R2D2
R7 (into Whistler)
Admiral Piett
Chadra-Fan Pickpocket (into Kabe)

I'm going to stop now for I get REALLY carried away -- this is quite a bit of fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hey, great idea, AdmiralMotti! :)

1. Cin Drallig (Jedi Weapon Master, CotF)
2. Serra Keto--Cin Drallig's pupil (a dual-wielding female jedi...Komari Vosa, BH)
3. Carth Onasi (KOTOR)

Post subject: Re: What characters in a virtual set
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:38 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

barney_rubble17 wrote:
Here's some suggestions;

Bothan Spy could be Borrsk Fey'la
Mon Cal Mercenary could be a new Ackbar
Geonosian Overseer could be Poggle the Lesser
Kaminoan Ascetic could be Lama Su or Ko Sai
Noghri could be Ruhk
Young Jedi Knight could be Tahiri or Tenal Ka (cut off a hand!)
Jedi Consular could be Mical
Jedi Guardian could be Brianna
Jedi Sentinal could be a new Visas Marr
OR Commander could be Trask Ulgo
Dark Jedi Master could be Lord Kaan
Sith Trooper Commander could be Admiral Saul Karath
Jedi Padawan could be Ben Skywalker (Legacy version)
Jedi Weapon Master could be Cin Drallig
Republic Commandos could be remade as uniques
Mistryl Shadow Guard could be Githany
Rodian Scoundrel could be Greedo
Caamasi Noble could be Elegos Akala
Republic Commando Training Sergeant could be Kal Skirita
Noghri Commando could be Leia's Bodyguard
GA Trooper could be GA Guard
Dug Fringer could be Sebulba
Mando Gunslinger could be Mirta Gev
Echani Handmaiden could be Brianna
Imperial Dignitary could be Sate Pestage
Sith Apprentice could be Darth Bandon
Sith Lord could be Lord Kaan

oops, $there's a few more than 10...

Great list, only thing I would change is the Jedi Guardian should be Atris (looks exactly like her). Also Exceptional JA can be Jaden Kor.

Post subject: Re: What new characters would you like to see
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I understand the concern that this might be a few people deciding for the majority. It's a valid issue. Realistically, however, we cannot simply please 4,000 people with every stat card. We, the people who work on the design team, are going to have ask that everyone else give positive, encouraging input, and then trust us with the decisions we make about the cards. Nothing will be decided lightly, nor will it be decided without tons and tons of time in thought regarding design, extensive playtesting, and listening.

This was WotC's dilemma as well. Rob did what he felt was best for the game, and sometimes he was wrong (here's looking at you, GOWK). The committee that oversees this project going forward will have the same challenge, and we will need the rest of the community to support the results. Bickering to the point that it hinders the goal doesn't help, and I hope everyone will remember that. If there is someone who feels his or her voice isn't being heard, then the best way to handle it is through a private conversation. And I also realize not everyone will agree with the decisions for stat cards, but please believe that we have the game's best interest at heart.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Good to hear Boris, I can say that I am truly looking forward to what Players become designers come up with. Despite the bleakness, it is a very exciting time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:46 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I understand the concern that this might be a few people deciding for the majority. It's a valid issue. Realistically, however, we cannot simply please 4,000 people with every stat card. We, the people who work on the design team, are going to have ask that everyone else give positive, encouraging input, and then trust us with the decisions we make about the cards. Nothing will be decided lightly, nor will it be decided without tons and tons of time in thought regarding design, extensive playtesting, and listening.

This was WotC's dilemma as well. Rob did what he felt was best for the game, and sometimes he was wrong (here's looking at you, GOWK). The committee that oversees this project going forward will have the same challenge, and we will need the rest of the community to support the results. Bickering to the point that it hinders the goal doesn't help, and I hope everyone will remember that. If there is someone who feels his or her voice isn't being heard, then the best way to handle it is through a private conversation. And I also realize not everyone will agree with the decisions for stat cards, but please believe that we have the game's best interest at heart.

Agreed. Although I know it isn't top priority, do you think leaders for these virtual characters should be appointed, or a team, to be responsible for making the pieces as good as possible? Because realistically, we can't accept the waves of stats that will be pouring in if the entire community is just allowed to post away. It seems that the best way would to have the community come up with lists of characters they want, and then have this theoretical team of custom experts do the designing and playtesting.

Thoughts?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

In no particular order (the numbers are just so I don't go over):

1) A Fringe Han Solo - A representation of the character for that surprisingly vast period of time both before he joined the Imperial Academy; and between when he was kicked out of the Imperial Academy for helping Chewbacca till when he got around to meeting Luke and Obi-Wan that Wizards apparently never once attempted to touch upon. Bonus points for giving him an attack and/or defense bonus specifically against Imperials (since he'd have a better idea on how they operate). For that matter, an Imperial Han Solo (for his days before he met Chewbacca) might be fun too.

2) Kaleesh Generics to give Qymaen jai Sheelal someone to lead against the Huk.

3) Chewbacca in Hijacked AT-ST - Complete with the 'Ewok' special ability. Or for that matter, just create a Fring AT-ST since they're always getting stolen in the videogames (amazing how often little bits like that cam get stretched out forever).

4) Some kind of Jawa commander like a Clan Chief or Shaman (In the case of the Shaman, it could conceivably be a 'non-unique unique'.)

5) Likewise, some kind of Geonosian commander, either as a generic or in the form of either Poggle the Lesser or Sun Fac.

6) Warlord Zsinj, the man that Han Solo infamously told to kiss his Wookie, the primary antagonist of Arron Allstons X-Wing trilogy, and one of the more dangerous foes the New Republic went up against between Palpatine and Thrawn.

7) Wraith Squadron uniques. Janson, Face, and so on. If you're feeling REALLY ambitious, maybe even Lt. Kettech as a new Wedge Alternate (Yub yub, commander) :P

8) Shi'ido - the shape shifters first brought to light through Mammon Hoole who put Zam's Clawdites to shame (I imagine them allowing players to get a lot more use out of those savage characters)

9) An ATT.

10) The Ssi'ruuk. However, this would probably be best to save for a later set, since I imagine they'd need a new mini-faction of their own to truly be done right.

Post subject: Re: What characters in a virtual set
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Well, here's my 15. I'm going to be stealing a few of your barney's 'Uniques to Non-Uniques' from the first page. They make a lot of sense. :lol: Besides, we get more people voting for them and there's probably more chance they'll get chosen!

I would like to see new stat cards for the following uniques:

1. Carth Onasi
2. Bastila Shan
3. Darth Revan
4. Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight
5. Baron Fel
6. Wedge Antilles [UH]
7. HK-47

And I would like to see Uniques made out of the following Non-Uniques:

8. Rebel Snowspeeder could be used for Wedge's Snowspeeder
9. Young Jedi Knight could be used for Tahiri Veila and/or Tenel Ka (from the Junior/Young Jedi Knight Books and NJO)
10. Jedi Guardian could be used for Atris (from KOTOR II)
11. Jedi Consular could be used for Mical [aka the Disciple] (from KOTOR II)
12. Echani Handmaiden could be used for Brianna [aka the Handmaiden] (from KOTOR II)
13. Sith Trooper Commander could be used for Admiral Saul Karath (from KOTOR)
14. Exceptional Jedi Apprentice could be used for Jaden Korr (from Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy)
15. Yuuzhan Vong Shaper could be used as Nem Yim (a main Yuuzhan Vong from the NJO)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I would like the following

Lt, Page Katarn Commando ( use the rebel Strike Leader, should be easy to just put on a round base. Rebel Affinity for New Republic)
Major Kyle Katern Katarn Commando ( use the first Kyle he was useless Rebel Affinity New Republic)
Shada D'ukal ( use the Promo Shadow Guard if you one or A shadow guard should be easy to repaint)
Wedge Antilles Rogue Leader ( used one of the Wedge Antilles we already have)
Nawara Ven Rogue Pilot ( something like the pilot in my avatar) other Rogue Pilots would be nice easy to just change the heads)
Nomi Sunrider, Jedi Master ( a powerful verison of her at the height of her powers)
Nem Yim, Master Shaper ( VONG NEED HELP, AND MORE UNQUIE)
Warmaster ( an updated card)
Voxyn ( should be easy to find a D&D mini to use for it or just repaint the Vornskr)
A fringe version of Mara Jade and Talon Karde
Winter (if you can find a mini for her?)

There are so many more i would like but i really would like to know what in the last set MOTF before asking for others.
Dread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Kam Solusar/Jedi Master - New Republic (any Jedi model/JWM - think OR Jedi Battlemaster, but with renewal)
Zekk, Dark Jedi
Jaina Solo, SotJ

I just really want a NR Jedi Battlemaster guy...
But it's probably best to wait unitl we see what's in MotF...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I would like to encourage people to think about no-unique pieces as well.

Noghri Bodyguard - New Republic
Bothan, ???? - Fringe
Gotal Tracker - Fringe
Gotal Bounty Hunter - Fringe
Neimoidan Commander - Seps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am going to go opposite of what everyone is creating.

I will do some N/Us. Using the RPG book as a guideline and integrating species that haven't been made available. I know that new N/Us aren't currently viable as they would involve using new pieces that no one has made, or potentially, will be made.

Deshade Heavy Weapon Expert (large base, could be used with Yuzzem)
Squib Slicer (small base, could be used with RS Ewok, RS Jawas, Dug Fringer)
Condru Ji Fighter (Probably use a T'surr due to multiple appendages)
Zygerian Bodyguard (used for Nikto)
Taung Warrior (
Barabel Shockboxer (Possible with Trandoshans?; Possible Jedi Respect ability and Jolt)

Human pieces
Imperial Scanner Team (Used for "Not a Trap" but cheaper than the ImpSec)
Republic Rocket Jumpers (Used with Human Soldier of Fortune)
Nimbus Commandos (used with Sep Commandos)
Mando Protectors (Take your pick of Mandos)
Katarn Commandoes

Just some ideas.

If you want Uniques:
Sev'rance Tann (Possible use with any female human lightsaber wielder)
The Huntress (Iktochi assassin with blood lust from the final Bane Novel; has the ability to interrupt or cause force powers to cost one more in response until attuned to)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I thought I'd just throw a few Non-unique ideas into the mix:

-Tusken Raider Chieftan
-Felucian Shaman
-Togorian Pirate
-Elite Tusken Raider
-Rodian Bounty Hunter
-Togorian Mercenary
-Acklay (new and improved stats preferably with more Attack :D )
-Terentetek (the KOTOR Jedi hunting beast)
-Elite Utapaun Soldier
-Ysalmiri Handler (guy with the little creature that cancels force powers)
-Corellian smuggler
-Neimodian Black Sun Vigo (I'm not sure if they existed)

I'll probably come up with a few more ideas latter on. Hopefully this helps out with the non-unique department.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 pm 

maybe D & D miniatures could be used for new characters?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Vornskr, Alpha Male - I was thinking this would be a commander for the Vornskr since they seemed to run in packs in the books.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Here is what i would say
Alto Stratus
Alpha
Cor
Kal Skirata
Walon Vau
Mine (immovable object which has mines 40)
Republic Shock Trooper (just use the Imperial one's launcher)
CLone Trooper Sniper (deadeye, accurate, sniper, that sort of thing)
Silri
Tyber Zann
Lancet

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Wishlist for Old Republic, so it renders a bit more playable, or at least diversified...

Admiral Forn Dodonna (in the end, she saves the day, and looks a lot more like "Old Republic" good morale than pansy and opportunist Mr. Karath - particularly ridiculized in the latest KOTOR comic) - activation control
The Revanchist - a pre-fall Revan
Revan, Prodigal Knight (after Kotor)
Old Republic Smuggler (straight from the MMORPG)
Master Thon (Momentum to force users?)
Arca Jeth - 'nuff said
Marn Hyerogryph
Lord Hoth
Valenthyne Farfalla
Old Republic Jedi General (main dude that gets killed in the OR trailer)
Old Republic Jedi Commander (somehow a bit shorter in CE that the one before)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I was thinking back to the aprils fool joke that shinja pulled with the fake set but there was one peice that i would not mind seeing that peaked my intrested.
Mandolorian mercenary and his CE allows non unique mandos into another squads and gives them the mercenary ability

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.